Thread: .81 issues/problems

Default .81 issues/problems

I've just downloaded and installed the new patch. at first i could not load my saved games from the .80 version but now i can. so old saves load fine now with all ensuing updates. i am basing that on the new army cards. However, i CANNOT start a new game. i click "Single Player" then "EB Campaign Game" and then pick a faction. After I pick a faction i get kicked back into "EB Campaign Game" screen. from there i have to go bacl tp "Single Player" screen to be bable to go back to the faction screen ... and in circles i go.
    so.............i am able to load the old saves BUT cannot start a new campaign.

Default Re: .81 issues/problems

Quote Originally Posted by Einherjer
    I've just downloaded and installed the new patch. at first i could not load my saved games from the .80 version but now i can. so old saves load fine now with all ensuing updates. i am basing that on the new army cards. However, i CANNOT start a new game. i click "Single Player" then "EB Campaign Game" and then pick a faction. After I pick a faction i get kicked back into "EB Campaign Game" screen. from there i have to go bacl tp "Single Player" screen to be bable to go back to the faction screen ... and in circles i go.
    so.............i am able to load the old saves BUT cannot start a new campaign.
    I believe this will require a reinstall of Eb 0.8 and the patch for 0.81. Also EB 0.81 is not compatible with savegame from 0.8, so don't play a campaign using them, strange things will begin to happen.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

i see....because everytime i quit the game now i get a screen that says "Generic Error: World creation error: couldn't find description for unit `celtic chariot drwmcydau`"

but so far that i`ve been playing .80 saves in .81 nothing odd other than i had been handed my first defeat at the hands of the espeiros (sp?) and lost a city in the process.

I just downloaded the FULL .81 EB release. I installed RTW fresh, with patch 1.3 and 1.5 and then ran the EB .81 release in the same dir. I deleted the map.file as instructed.

When I try to run this thing I get the following error:

Generic error:
    Could not read file: "data/descr_battle_map_lightning_and_fog_control.txt"

Does anyone have a clue as to how to remedy this?

Quote Originally Posted by abban
    I just downloaded the FULL .81 EB release. I installed RTW fresh, with patch 1.3 and 1.5 and then ran the EB .81 release in the same dir. I deleted the map.file as instructed.

When I try to run this thing I get the following error:

Generic error:
    Could not read file: "data/descr_battle_map_lightning_and_fog_control.txt"

Does anyone have a clue as to how to remedy this?
    That file is located in the vanilla directory. It seems the game cannot find the file, which would suggest that EB is in fact not installed in the right place, hence it doesnt look in the right place. You might have made a small error.

To check whether it installed properly go to the folder where "RomeTW.exe" is located. (your RTW-installation folder) (search for it, or browse if you know where it is (see the properties of the shortcut for its location)). Then check whether there is a folder data and a folder EB in the same location as "RomeTW.exe". If these folders are both there, check whether descr_battle_map_lighting_and_fog_control.txt is located inside that data folder and whether there is a datafolder inside the EB-folder. If this is the case you most likely installed correctly.

Anyways, the only solution I know of is a reinstall. Make sure you browse to the right folder when using the EB-installer.

I hope that helps
    EB member

I am currently playing .81, I downloaded it, and did not upgrade from .80. I am playing a campaign as the Romans and I think 213 BC. When I end the turn it begins to auto the computers when it gets through about 3 of them the gamejust closes, no messages, nothing. Is their something I can do to somehow fix this?
    Last edited by Gilthanan; 02-22-2007 at 22:45.

Gilthanan, you should create a new thread and post your savegame so we can take a look and see if we can figure it out.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking