Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: v 0.81 bugs

Default Re: v 0.81 bugs

I don't know whether it is a bug or a BI_special_feature, but I can't set some campaign options like "city automanagement disabled" while using RomeTW-BI.exe-shortcut
    They just don't exist in the starting window. The only option I have there is "arcade battles disabled".
    Is that Ok?

Now sporting a classic avatar! Member fallen851's Avatar

Default Re: AW: v 0.81 bugs

Nevermind.
    Last edited by fallen851; 03-30-2007 at 08:21.
    "It's true that when it's looked at isolated, Rome II is a good game... but every time I sit down to play it, every battle, through every turn, I see how Rome I was better. Not unanimously, but ultimately." - Dr. Sane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6eaBtzqqFA#t=1h15m33s

I've been playing as the Romans for dozens of turns (v .81 obviously). But as of late, when I load up my save, run the scripts and click the end turn button, I zoom to a unit I forgot to manually move (a diplomat north of the Crimean peninsula if that helps), and while he's moving the game crashes to the desktop. No warnings, just a crash. Whenever I load the save up, it's right before the end of a turn, and it always crashes when I hit the end turn button. I don't really know what else I can say to describe the problem, but if you tell me more of what you'll need, I can try to post it for you. I'm still on the Roman turn when the game crashes.

My best guess would be a resource conflict, but I don't know for sure. If so, any remedies you can think of?

(I've turned off a good host of unnecessary programs).

Not having any luck with the upload. It's straightforward on how to do it, but my computer isn't cooperating. Guess it will have to be posted on Monday.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really, really, REALLY, want to resolve this, as I've rather pulled off a miracle with this particular game. I've been at war with all but a handful of nations (Macedon, Egypt, Baktria, Sauromatae, two others I forget). they were massacring every army I sent out. I have turned the tide and have wiped out two of those nations (Lusotana & Avernii) and I'm almost done doing so to another (Aedui). Two more are being pushed back far into their own lands (Sweboz and Pontus). I also have a family member that is inches from being declared imperator (he single handedly defeated the entirety of Carthage, killed many Avernii, Aedui, and is kicking the snot out of the Sweboz). He was Julius Africanus, now he's Julius Germanicus.

Awwwwww, no spoiler tags?
    Last edited by Cata_Tank_Guy#3; 03-31-2007 at 04:35.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniMe
    I don't know whether it is a bug or a BI_special_feature, but I can't set some campaign options like "city automanagement disabled" while using RomeTW-BI.exe-shortcut
    They just don't exist in the starting window. The only option I have there is "arcade battles disabled".
    Is that Ok?
    That's only in BI version. You can still change those settings from within the campaign (in the world map go to game options).

Quote Originally Posted by Thaatu
    That's only in BI version. You can still change those settings from within the campaign (in the world map go to game options).
    Thanx =)

Just a note on my other post, now I think almost all of my generals have the uncomfortable supervisor trait. It says they want to be a governor, when pretty much all of them are.

They want to be governor in a larger settlement. They feel their skills are not properly challenged in a backwater tiny village.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Questor of AI revenue. Member The Errant's Avatar

I'm not sure it's a bug but the Sabyn temple of Almagah (their chief diety) gives a health bonus on the higher construction levels, which is funny since the description says he's primarily a deity connected to agriculture. Wouldn't it make more sense to give the temple of Almagah agricultural bonuses like the Pontic temples of Mithra and move the health bonuses to one of the other Sabaean gods.
    Or have you got a fourth Sabaean god planned for the next release?

"If you listen, carefully. You can hear the Gods laughing."

Last words of Emperor Commodus. From "The Fall of the Roman Empire".

One Sweboz issue: The building 'Thengaz' (I *think* that's the name) appears to be buildable only before you set up a goverment.

Seleukid 'Hydragogion (Aqueduct)' has the Roman barracks picture and has no description.

Also not sure if it's a bug, but the 'Uncomfortable Supervisor' trait gives all kinds of penalties, but also +1 to troop morale. Sadistic troops.

Quote Originally Posted by bovi
    They want to be governor in a larger settlement. They feel their skills are not properly challenged in a backwater tiny village.
    Well if that's the case that's a little unfair to factions such as the Sweboz that pretty much only have tiny villages in there area.

I'm gonna put this suggestion on the suggestions thread, but I'd suggest that since the system as present, I'd have to imagine works that when a Governor reaches certain level of management he wants to manage a bigger city. Why not just have it so that he doesn't gain management points up to a certain point for smaller cities (which may already be the case) and leave out the trait penalties which IMO overcomplicates an already complicated trait system, with things that may work for certain factions but not for others as demonstrated here...

Yeah, it's a little weird having the governor of a faction capital question why he's given such a worthless task, but it's not that big of a deal as they don't affect stats that a governer needs (except -1 influence and -100% cost of bribes, which most of the time don't make much of a difference) and the trait doesn't remain forever.

That was the longest sentence I have written or said in a while.

Perhaps you should try to take a larger settlement from your enemies so your guys can supervise that for a bit . You only need one (governor palace or bigger) such settlement, you can let your nearby supervisors take a little vacation there before shipping them back to their dreary tasks. Or even better, conquer more large cities for them! Also, if you create buildings in the settlement he governs he'll be busy and become happy again.

Alternatively, you could reduce the chances of them becoming unhappy in the first place. Search export_descr_character_traits.txt for "Affects UnhappySupervisor".

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Is it normal, when playing as the Romans, to conquer cities and estabilish a homeland government, but not be able to construct your factions main stream recruitment facilities? I ask because I've noticed that I'm only able to construct local levy recruitment centers. I've restarted the campaign multiple times, thinking it was just a glitch, but it's the same in all of them.

Is this normal? I've never noticed it with any other factions.

In that rebel city, deep in the desert below Carthage (with the round, tumor-like province), there's about 5 buildings with the homeland barracks picture, and a white background. When I right clicked on any of them, it was called "Victory", and the decription said something on the order of "WARNING: This should never be visible on screen!"...

Thought you guys might want to know about that...

The settlement with those buildings is stuck all the way down there, because there's no good reason anyone would want to trek down there to take it. Those buildings are markers we need to make the rest of the game work as it should.

================
    ================

Quote Originally Posted by Komosatuo
    Is it normal, when playing as the Romans, to conquer cities and estabilish a homeland government, but not be able to construct your factions main stream recruitment facilities? I ask because I've noticed that I'm only able to construct local levy recruitment centers. I've restarted the campaign multiple times, thinking it was just a glitch, but it's the same in all of them.

Is this normal? I've never noticed it with any other factions.
    Yeah, check the FAQ about Roman recruitment. To summarize it badly, they only recruit their good units from citizens, and with the reforms for this faction it is sort of rationalized that citizenship only comes (even to conquered areas) in stages to other areas. So you'll have to only recruit local barracks troops in your newly conquered territories until you get your first set of reforms, then you can start getting your good roman troops in provinces outside of your starting ones.

Quote Originally Posted by bovi
    The settlement with those buildings is stuck all the way down there, because there's no good reason anyone would want to trek down there to take it. Those buildings are markers we need to make the rest of the game work as it should.
    Ah, alrighty then. I saw Carthage heading down there with a pretty beefy army, so I checked it out to see what kind of garrison it could have to warrant that (two units of Numidian Skirmisher Cavalry), and I looked around at the buildings while I was at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Teleklos Archelaou
    Yeah, check the FAQ about Roman recruitment. To summarize it badly, they only recruit their good units from citizens, and with the reforms for this faction it is sort of rationalized that citizenship only comes (even to conquered areas) in stages to other areas. So you'll have to only recruit local barracks troops in your newly conquered territories until you get your first set of reforms, then you can start getting your good roman troops in provinces outside of your starting ones.
    Makes sense. Don't know why I didn't think of that before. Thanks.

Βασιλευς και Αυτοκρατωρ Αρχης Member Centurio Nixalsverdrus's Avatar

Default AW: v 0.81 bugs

When I attacked Trapezous, my non-chevroned General became 3-gold chevrons for the battle. After the battle was won, the battle results said about experience "-9", and after the battle he was at the state of before the battle again. So he had experience-level 9 only for the battle out of nothing. In other battles with this general everything was normal.

Default Re: AW: v 0.81 bugs

Yeah, we have a pontic temple with crazy wrong morale boosts. It's probably why pontos is doing well lately! It gives like 21 morale instead of 2, so it's making supertroopers right now.

Trait Bug:

Trait "Wealthy" gives +1 Influence, -1 Unrest and -1 security, but in its description, it is written that it decrease public order, it is actually opposite now. So either description or effect is false.

Unit: Thuerophoroi/Mercenary Thuerophoroi have bonus vs chariots and elephants, but similar units like Thorakitai or Lybian Spearmen have bonuses vs. horses

I presume Thuerophoroi are spearmen who fight in formation and so they should have bonus versus cavalry, but maybe it is intentional.

Βασιλευς και Αυτοκρατωρ Αρχης Member Centurio Nixalsverdrus's Avatar

Default AW: Re: AW: v 0.81 bugs

Quote Originally Posted by Teleklos Archelaou
    Yeah, we have a pontic temple with crazy wrong morale boosts. It's probably why pontos is doing well lately! It gives like 21 morale instead of 2, so it's making supertroopers right now.
    Is this happening due to the temple in Trapezous? Because I was playing as Macedon, Trapezous was still independant and Pontos already wiped out.

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

This is a really annoying bug...
    I'm playing as the Romani, and whenever I capture a territory, I am unable to build any units there because the barracks have the wrong culture. So I destroyed the barracks the first time this happened, but was unable to build Roman ones! Now my armies are either made up of local militias or they are troops from Italian provinces that already had barracks to begin with, that take a number of turns to tranport to the right region. what's going on here??
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotix27
    This is a really annoying bug...
    I'm playing as the Romani, and whenever I capture a territory, I am unable to build any units there because the barracks have the wrong culture. So I destroyed the barracks the first time this happened, but was unable to build Roman ones! Now my armies are either made up of local militias or they are troops from Italian provinces that already had barracks to begin with, that take a number of turns to tranport to the right region. what's going on here??
    Every faction has its own MIC (barracks). It is quite illogical that the first turn after conquering a town you can build your own units. So EB requires you to build up your own military facilities. And then only in areas where culture permits units.

Romans can only build "Roman" units in central Italy. You can't even build factional MICs outside a few territories. If you can't build regional MICs, then there is a problem.

Romans shipped legions to and from Italia during the early Republic. Only true Romans could serve in a legion (6 cities in the Camilian Era - all type1 cities in the Polybian Era). Later select areas of the Republic could recruit legions (this is represented by increased legionary regions in the Marian Era). In the Empire, most legionaries were non-(racially)Romans (in the Empirial Era you can recruit legionaries in many places). In the late empire many soldiers didn't even come from the Roman Empire - bad idea.

Another "please report:"

You will note there is a river port with a trade caravan. I believe this is not supposed to be possible, and is probably the reason it's a "please report."

I believe there may be a bug in the way spies operate in cities. Right now penetrating cities seems to have backwards odds. The longer the spy is in the area, but outside the city, the higher against him are the odds of penetrating into the city and the less information he can see about the garrison from just outside.

Below is a screen cap of one case where the spy has been in the area several turns. There IS an enemy family member in Baktra, I think, but not the FL for sure, and I don't think it's the FH either (not sure who that is atm though). A couple turns ago he could see the garrison fine.

It's possible an enemy spy is playing into the equation, but that doesn't fit well either as this seems to be fairly consistent behavior. I note that when a spy first enters a region the odds of entering the city look pretty normal, but they increase against him if he doesn't enter immediately.

Is this intended behavior or a backwards comparator somewhere?

Oops, it is the faction heir in residence. But a 3% chance for a 5 star spy still seems a bit extremely long odds to me. Or maybe EB just makes spying on family members a LOT harder.

Last edited by vonsch; 04-09-2007 at 06:21.

Quote Originally Posted by vonsch
    You will note there is a river port with a trade caravan. I believe this is not supposed to be possible, and is probably the reason it's a "please report."
    Coastal ports and trade caravans can't be in the same province together, but river ports and caravans can. The spy thingy is surely hardcoded, except that maybe the FM gained some anti-espionage traits with that spy next to him. Actually I have no idea how the system works. All I know is that once there were these two settlements, one with 3 militia units and one with 4 elite units as garrisons. My spy had infiltration chances of 100% to the first one and some 30% to the second and there were no enemy spies present, as I found out later. I was quite puzzled. After that I know I know nothing about the system.

This bonus to morale LOOKS a little high. I'd be willing to bet that it is. Or at least that the text on the description is wrong.

Questor of AI revenue. Member The Errant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vonsch
    This bonus to morale LOOKS a little high. I'd be willing to bet that it is. Or at least that the text on the description is wrong.

There is a similar bug reported on this thread for a Pontic temple. Don't remeber if it was agreed that the morale bonus is supposed to be 2 or 3. My guess is 2.

Looks like a similar error. Easy enough to fix in the EDB.

"If you listen, carefully. You can hear the Gods laughing."

Last words of Emperor Commodus. From "The Fall of the Roman Empire".

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast