Thread: Unit stats dont make sense...

Default Unit stats dont make sense...

Unit stats specifically for armour value and shield value vary greatly between unit with the same equipment eg Roman hastati and Principes have the same shield yet the defence value of the shield varies (can't remember the values of the top of my head).

Also many units which have no visble armour on the unit card or animation and have no armour of any sort described on there unit description have armour values.

Is this due to balancing issues?

If so would they be about to be rearranged to be more uniform and realistic?

Default Re: Unit stats dont make sense...

There are three types of armour:

shield, which works at all times but only works to the front and left.

armour, which works at all times but is susceptible to AP weapons.

defense skill, which only works in close-combat and is susceptible to ranged attacks.

The armour value includes many different things, including helmets. This is probably where the armour value is coming from.

The shield value not only represents the size and shape of the shield but also how trained the unit is at using it.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

As I mentioned in another thread, I believe that if a unit has no armor their armor rating should be 0 (or if they only have a helmet, 1). Other mods do it this way and it makes units more vulnerable to missile fire (as it should).
    Those who would give up essential liberties for a perceived sense of security deserve neither liberty nor security--Benjamin Franklin

Now sporting a classic avatar! Member fallen851's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mcantu
    As I mentioned in another thread, I believe that if a unit has no armor their armor rating should be 0 (or if they only have a helmet, 1). Other mods do it this way and it makes units more vulnerable to missile fire (as it should).
    You'll like the rebalance I'm working on as we speak since 0.81 was released.
    "It's true that when it's looked at isolated, Rome II is a good game... but every time I sit down to play it, every battle, through every turn, I see how Rome I was better. Not unanimously, but ultimately." - Dr. Sane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6eaBtzqqFA#t=1h15m33s

Quote Originally Posted by mcantu
    I think someone mentioned that the helmet is considered the single most important piece of equipment and gives 5 armor alone.

Shirts and hats count as +1 armor. Helmets can count anywhere from 2 to 5 depending on what it is made of and if it has cheek guards and/or a face mask. Shield values are determined not only by size but also material and the way in which they were used.
    Last edited by tk-421; 02-20-2007 at 16:34.

Visit the EB Help Required Thread

"His only addiction was to practice." - John Coltrane, describing Eric Dolphy

"and thus it cannot be performed, because one cannot perform that which does not exist." - Arnold Schönberg

EB2 Baseless Conjecturer Member blacksnail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Foot
    defense skill, which only works in close-combat and is susceptible to ranged attacks.
    It also only applies to attacks from the front and the right.

Ming the Merciless is my idol Senior Member Watchman's Avatar

Just noticed both of the Liby-Phoenician "hoplite" units have a -3 combat penalty on "scrub". Pretty sure that's not meant to be there...
    "Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. --- Proof of the existence of the FSM, if needed, can be found in the recent uptick of global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters. Apparently His Pastaness is to be worshipped in full pirate regalia. The decline in worldwide pirate population over the past 200 years directly corresponds with the increase in global temperature. Here is a graph to illustrate the point."

-Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster