i have downloaded 0.81
    how can i install it?
    pleaz step by step
    thanx

Default Re: help with installation 0f eb 0.81

ANYBODY?????????

Post Re: help with installation 0f eb 0.81

Hi devil,
    No need to bump up your thread after an hour, nothing to worry about if you don't get immediate activity! Do you know which version of R:TW you have - do you have Gold or do you have a non-Gold version? Thanks!
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

gold edition

The same way you installed 0.8, you need to point the installer to the exact same folder, and be patient when it does it's trick. If you happen to have a PC which gets seriously stuck every time you try, you could make sure that the downloaded 0.8.1 is located on your desktop (moving it from somewhere else, if it was located there before), and then run the installer. You could even go as far as to re-start your PC, to ensure that minimal RAM has been spent before you run your installer. The "moving" around bit solved my troubles sufficiently, it turned out that accessing the file using Windows Explorer was just to much for my PC to cope. Without running the Explorer first, the installer had no trouble to do it's job - though it wasn't exactly fast when I had to specify my desired installation path.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

The same way as you installed 0.8, that is: you simply run the installer you downloaded, and follow the instructions on screen as they're given to you. You must select the same folder as the one which you installed EB 0.8 in.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

i think the problem is where to install
    \program files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\eb????????
    cause i did it and when i load 0.81 i get 0.8.......
    no 0.81
    ????????????

Ok then, all you have to do is open up the 0.81 installer and then, when it gets to the bit where it asks you what directory you wish to place the mod in, remove the text which says "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total" and replace it with "C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War" (without the speech marks). Then click next and watch the installer do it's magic! Then load EB up from the desktop shortcut and away you play!

ok
    problem resolved
    thanx a lot

Always happy to help!

Moved to bug and tech subforum.