Thread: problems with starting new campaign

Default problems with starting new campaign

After down loading .81, I started a new campaign with rome. While the game was uploading, the game stop for a bit with an error message: Filename doesn't exist: data/models_strat/residences/roman_village_buildings.CAS
    after hitting ok I received another message and another message and so on.
    the other messages: town_buildings.cas, town_wall_1.CAS, town_wall_2.CAS,town_wall_3.CAS, large_town, it pretty much repeats its self. The same thing happens for the greeks. After hitting ok, the game proceeded on to start the game. Romans did not have any towns. It looked like white rubble instead of a town. Please help. I really enjoyed playing the game on .80.

Default Re: problems with starting new campaign

This sounds like a bad install to me. Try reinstalling, and be certain to check that EB is installed in the same folder as RTW. That is, RomeTW.exe must be present there. You may need to remove EB entirely, take a clean copy of your 1.5 vanilla installation and install EB there.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Default Re: problems with starting new campaign

This means you are missing the skins of the strat map. Thus all you see is the 3D model, which explains the white/gray you saw. Anyway, looks like you were missing part of the installer and therefore looks like you've got a corrupted download.

EDIT: Bovi responded sooner
    Last edited by Tellos Athenaios; 02-23-2007 at 19:10.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.