Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Duchy of Austria

Member Member 5 Card Draw Champion, Mini Pool 2 Champion, Ice Hockey Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion Northnovas's Avatar

Default Re: Duchy of Austria

Johann Zirn:

This is a dark day for the Austrian House and Zirn family. It is my understand that he was a distant relative. His loss will be felt and his ruthlessness on the battlefield. It is heartening to know that he died in battle has a noble knight and not from the wretched Black Death that is affecting our nation.
    Rest in Peace my noble knight.

Loitering Senior Member AussieGiant's Avatar

Chancellor Arnold:

This is a grim day for Austria and it will be hard felt by all.

He was a lion both in the chamber and on the battle field.

Member Member 5 Card Draw Champion, Mini Pool 2 Champion, Ice Hockey Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion Northnovas's Avatar

Johann Zirn:

This is truly a dark time in the Austrian House. Another young noble has fallen in battle, Dieter von Essen died in lifting the Siege of Vienna against the Hungarians. He fought bravely till the end routing the enemy regiment and hold the flank till the reinforcements arrived.

I have made my sister a young widow and I hope that she will forgive me.

My Duke, if you could make the announcement in the Diet I am too heavy with grief.

The Count of Bohemia Senior Member Cecil XIX's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My Duke,

I wish to hold at Prague. Breslau is the gateway to the Reich, and we are their only enemy. Taking it demands the coordination of Franconia and Austria, as almost every soldier the Poles have are near either Magdeburg, Breslau, or Krakow.

I realise money is tight, but any spent to retrain my soldiers would be appreciated. At the very least Prague will not be besieged in the next two years.

I do not know the exact workings of this Plague, but if it helps than please have my army encamp just east of the city. I myself must remain in Prague to ease the suffering of the people.

Johann Zirn:

The Austrian House morns the loss of Count Karolinger. His contribution to the defense of Vienna against the Hungarians will never be forgotten. He was a true hero to this House and personal friend of the Zirn family. Rest in Peace.
    Last edited by Northnovas; 01-21-2008 at 23:48.

Johann Zirn:

I see that Vienna is disease free and ready to recruit we have three able commanders. Recruitment is the concern right know. Budapest looks right for an attack but has several experiences armies east of the region and the city will be besieged quickly if captured.

Zagreb is under siege and there are two large forces in the area with Ragusa being in jeopardy of an attack. There may not be time to finish the Venetians.

The question who is available and what area of responsibility do they wish to command? It would be nice to attack Budapest and relieve Zagreb but I do not think we can recruit enough men for both.

I feel Zagreb should be relieved and remove the enemy from our interior.

Other Commanders comments or suggestions?

The Chancellor:

Count Zirn

I'm of the same opinion as you. We must hold outside Vienna while we deal with our interior.

I'll head back north, pick up troops at Ragusa and block the Hungarian's coming south. Then I'll continue up to relieve Zagreb.

I'm going to erinforce you with canon and high grade militia/pike (which is a great combination actually) to hold Vienna. I'd like you to do that in the field if possible and screen any approach by the Hungarian's on Vienna and Zagreb.

Hapsburg and your brother will be placed in Vienna until they are able to re-take the field as commanders.

You have the 1st AHA at your disposal, while Lord Becker has the 2nd AHA.

Blog Entries

My Duke, with your approval I would like to strike out against the armies approaching Prague. I plan to take advantage of their close proximity by assaulting the closest one, bleeding it as much as I can, and then retreating back to Prague. If you could send a spy to check up on the composition of the three armies, that would help me plan my attack before I get there.

Also, in regards to recruitment, I must have three full regiments of Spear Militia recruited in Prague if I am to hold the city. Any other reinforcements, perhaps from troops in Vienna or Mercenaries near Magdeburg, would be very much appreciated. It seems the Poles have thrown everything they have at myself and Duke Dieter, which means that if we were to break both sieges simultaneously we could advance on Breslau together and finally regain Silesia.

The Chancellor

Lord Becker, if you are going to go on the offensive then I will ensure you have forces to do that. I will start to ship canon and better units up from Vienna. It will take some time as Johann is also requesting troops.

Please let me know what the fastest way would be to build facilities in Prague for canon manufacturing.

I would not count on any significant support from Franconia in the near future.

Duke Arnold

My time as Chancellor has ended gentlemen. While it is tempting to run again due to the dearth of leadership options I shall see what transpires before taking any action.

However we do need legislation. I have spoken to Duke Lothar in the halls and we are of the same mind that another edict like 14.3 must be tabled to ensure unnecessary legislation curbing our growth.

Other than that I have few ideas on what is required.

Your thoughts?

Blog Entries

Bah! My Duke, when did we get so old? It seems like just yesterday that I was a young man, barely able to survive on the field of battle. To think that so little has changed!

Still, the situation in Bohemia has improved. The Poles have foolishly besieged me with only one of their armies, of which well over half is artillery and crossbowmen. Upon my return I intend to sally, and strike them down. Though it goes against my better judgement, I may need to ensure that none of those artilleryman survive.

Arnold

Indeed Lord Becker, time seems to have flown by.

I've decided to stand again and at least provide some competition against Lord Fritz. I simply do not like the idea of one candidate running unapposed.

Unfortunately Lord Becker, the Franconian situation in Magdeburg means yuo will have to drive on the Poles alone if you hope to free yourself of the constant sieging.

Blocking their approach through the hills to your north east and placing a fort in the forest to you immediate north could give you a choke point.

All the best, but I know you don't need that after so many years in the field.

Duke Arnold

Lord Becker,

Congratulations on your victory in the north. I hope the stalemate can be broken by your command skills.

Johann,

You will need to do better next time nephew. You are the pivot that joins Becker in the north and myself in the south. You must hold the line. You and your brother have great responsibility and it is under this pressure that you must perform in order to take over the Duchy at some time.

Duke Arnold
    Last edited by AussieGiant; 02-13-2008 at 11:17.

Arnold:

The City of Vienna is mourning the loss of my nephew...I still can not fathom how we have survived the loss of so many nobles in this Duchy.

Johann was cut from the same cloth as his father and was destined for many great responsibilities...those responsibilities will now have to be passed onto his brothers. I will seek both men out to give my heart felt condolences and reorganise the Duchy's defence.

It seems as if the only person that hasn't died is me, therefore I will head north and then east. The Hungarian's will be driven from this land and I will be the one to complete this task.

Lord Becker has the northern command and I will determine who will head south to Ragusa and defend against the Venetians and Byzantines.

Duke Arnold
    Last edited by AussieGiant; 02-26-2008 at 11:29.

Arnold:

Given the distinct lack of volunteers from Austria, I will have to let the Chancellor know very soon who will head south to Ragusa.

If no one steps forward soon I am leaning towards sending Hapsburg and the soon to mature Max Zirn south, while Jan Zirn comes with me to the east?

Any thoughts gentlemen?

Lord Becker I would have your opinion on the matter also. You are hard pressed in the North. Do you require an additional noble to bolster your force and better manage the prospect of having both Prague and Breslau to govern?

Duke Arnold
    Last edited by AussieGiant; 02-26-2008 at 15:51.

Blog Entries

My Duke, Prince Dieter is already in Franconia. Let us contact the Franconians and see if they will take command of the north. Amazingly, my review of the previous Chancellor's Reports indicates that before the Cataclysm, the last army to attack Prague was Duke Leopold's when he seized the city for the Reich. It is my sincere hope that once the Prince and the Duke assume control and begin marching against the Russians and the Poles that trend will be restored, which would mean the close of Austria's third theater of operations.
    Last edited by Cecil XIX; 02-27-2008 at 04:04.

Arnold:

If you are satisfied that the Franconian nobles are going to be enough assistance then I will redeploy under my previous plan.

Good luck and may God be with you!!

Maximilian Zirn:

My Duke, I am ready to serve the Austrian House and the Reich. I pledge my allegiance in the honour and loyalty of the Zirn Family.

Duke Arnold

The Zirn family has served House Austria with honour and distinction for generations. Do your duty Maximilian and you will be knighted and then sent out to command one of the House Armies.

I will look at the regional situation and take the first opportunity to test your command skills in preparation for Knighthood. Only then will you be able to lead the Reich's armies.

Arnold:

Gentlemen,

I've destroyed the Hungarian noble who seemed to have been co-ordinating the other Captain's under his command.

Max and Jan, I want you to clear the area around Vienna as fast as you can and then Max needs to head south and link up with Hapsburg.

I've spoken to the Chancellor and I intend to assault Budapest immediately. This will hopefully draw the Hungarian army commanders to me and away from Vienna.

Lord Becker,

The news of a Teuton Chapter House in Prague is makes me feel far more comfortable about your situation in the north against the Poles. At least now you will have superiority in cavalry.

I intend to see how these new Serpentine's work on the battle field.

Duke Arnold
    Last edited by AussieGiant; 03-02-2008 at 15:52.

Arnold:

I have two words for our situation my lords.

"£$% shiet."

I'll get back to you when I've finished smashing all the furniture in this chamber!!

£$^£%£$%
    Last edited by AussieGiant; 03-09-2008 at 19:19.

Duke Arnold Austrian House

Dear Uncle,

I am alarmed at the state of the Reich and the division that has taken place. I am also surprised of your role with the Order that has been revealed. I am very disappointed at what has developed and sides being chosen. I wonder what my father would have thought if he were alive today? I see that Jan has made a stance already.
    Unfortunately I can’t make that commitment. I am concerned for the welfare of Austria and concerned that Hapsburg has taken a prominent position granted by the Kaiser. My concern is for Austria and what will happen to her after this ordeal has ended. However, I will not sit on the fence and wait for a winner like some nobles. I will choose and I will go with the side that honours the laws this Reich and House were build on. I know my father would have wanted me to fight for the just cause and I will have to fight for Imperial Forces.
    You have my brother we are a house divided. I shall contact the Kaiser and let him know my intentions and possible see that he grants the right and proper noble to rule the Austrian House.

Respectfully,

Maximillian Zirn

Maximillian,

I thought this might happen...you where never as close to me as Johann was and to invoke your fathers name to me is poor form young man. I believe the opposite would be true if he were alive today.

I ask you one more time, join us!! Do not fall under the sway of those nobles that only seek power and domination over their subjects.

As for that idiot Hapsburg, then I can only say that IF we are defeated I would prefer the bastard Hapsburg never set foot in this Duchy again. You are certainly more deserving that him and I can only hope your Tyrant leader can see that.

Know this...I can't keep you safe on the final battlefield my nephew. You have chosen sides and the nobles of the Order and the Republic are not to be trifled with. We WILL die for this cause and I will not ask them to pull short their blows for the sake of family.

Duke Arnold
    Illuminati Grand Master

Wandering Metsuke Senior Member Zim's Avatar

Brother,

This news distresses me. I would urge you to take note that the Kaisers themselves have been the ones breaking the laws and traditions this Empire stands for. Even now the Kaiser attempts to depose our Duke without going through proper procedures, and install his puppet Hapsburg instead. This is just one in a long line of abuses of power by this and previous Kaisers. I would hate to see Hapsburg become Duke if the Order loses as much as you would, but we cannot pick sides on the assumption that the right side will fail.

Jan tried to continue but his voice cracks. After a few short moments he starts again.

Somehow I know you have considered any issue I could bring up, so I won't spend any more time trying to convince you that I am right. I only hope that we are not forced to face eachother in battle.

Jan Zirn, Count of Zagreb
    Last edited by Zim; 03-13-2008 at 09:49.
    V&V RIP Helmut Becker, Duke of Bavaria.

Come to the Throne Room for hotseats and TW rpgs!

Kermit's made a TWS2 guide? Oh, the other frog....

A messenger clothed in Hapsburg livery delivers a message to the Austrian court.

Austrians, will you follow a man who has been engaged in clandistine and secret dealings, working as a separate group within the Reich. While I agree that Kaiser Peter and the Kastiliens are not squeaky clean either, at least they are subject to the Reich's constitution. The Illuminati desire to decentralise the Reich and so become each one their own version of a Hummel.

Fight for Gott, fight for the Kaiser!

Maximillian von Hapsburg, Duke of Austria.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Arnold takes a look at the departing figure of the Hapsburg messenger.

My good man, a quick word before you depart.

Tell your master never to send you again or present himself here personally.

If you do, or he does, I will end your collective existance on this earth.

Keep in mind that I confidently speak for ALL the Zirn's and quite possible Lord Becker also.

You are reviled by all at this stage of proceedings in this House.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213