Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Early XL Cuman Expert Campaign

Default Re: Early XL Cuman Expert Campaign

I don't know if it was just because you killed 5,000+ mongol horse on the first wave but Cumans seem to gain valor very quickly as I had similar levels of valor when I was fighting the horde as the Cumans. High valor CHC's can do obscene things to Mongol horse even on level ground.

Admittedly though, I was a lot better off, as I'd stockpiled Varangian Swords. It is my personal belief that any Cuman army consisting of things other than Steppe Heavies, CHC's, Cuman Warriors, and Varangian Swords didn't build enough of one of those units. I never put stock in urban mill or vanilla spears as I've never been satisfied with their performance even under very favourable conditions but they seem to have treated you okay.

Still, I don't think I've ever manually fought through quite so much horde. Even on expert XL I've never seen them go to the death like that without routing or withdrawing.

I honestly think CHC's need to be nerfed and Bulgarian Royals need to be boosted. The former are stated to be less well armoured than Byzantine Kataphractoi. This is most assuredly not the case.
    Last edited by Maloncanth; 05-04-2007 at 11:22.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345