Page 222 of 236 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232 ... LastLast
Results 6,631 to 6,660 of 7070

Thread: News of the Weird

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

Default Re: News of the Weird

The Suppository of All Wisdom

As Abbott stood among the Liberal party faithful in Melbourne, glancing from side to side and surveying those loyally assembled, he let rip with a malapropism to rival even those of the infamously tongue-tied former US president George W Bush. "No one," said Abbott, "however smart, however well-educated, however experienced … is the suppository of all wisdom."
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

Members thankful for this post (2):

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyfelwyr View Post
    The Suppository of All Wisdom

As Abbott stood among the Liberal party faithful in Melbourne, glancing from side to side and surveying those loyally assembled, he let rip with a malapropism to rival even those of the infamously tongue-tied former US president George W Bush. "No one," said Abbott, "however smart, however well-educated, however experienced … is the suppository of all wisdom."
    Could have been intentional, given that he was referring to those with their head up their .

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

It's all fun and games until he's your global leader and representative... Welp!

Unfortunately Vlad, that man is not capable of wordplay (some would say independent thought.)
    Last edited by naut; 08-19-2013 at 00:34.
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Down with dried flowers!

Member thankful for this post:

Lemur 

Oops.
    Last edited by Vladimir; 08-28-2013 at 15:32.

Down with dried flowers!

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

Colorado man confesses to raccoon revenge killing: ‘All raccoons must die!’

A 50-year-old Colorado man has reportedly confessed to authorities that he attacked a pair of raccoons in a bid for revenge for the death of his cat years ago.

KCNC-TV reported on Tuesday that Richard Moller told police he suffered a 10-minute “glitch” of anger on Monday that caused him to jump into a trash bin and use a piece of wood to hit the animals. He also reportedly said to officers that did not intend to use the nails protuding from the board to stab them, but instead wanted to cause “blunt force trauma.”

Though Moller faces two counts of felony animal cruelty, one of his co-workers at a Boulder, Colorado liquor store defended his character to KCNC, saying he was well-liked by customers.

“He’s a good person,” Moller’s unidentified colleague told KCNC. “I just hope this doesn’t get missed in all of this, ’cause he really is a good guy.”

The Boulder Daily Camera reported that one of the raccoons was found dead in the bin, while the other ran away injured. According to court records, Moller told a witness during the attack that “all raccoons must die” before fleeing the scene.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Raccoon's are pretty vicious, they look cute but they really aren't. Cat doesn't stand a chance, happens a lot that raccons attack pets. I'd also kill them if they entered my garden

Couple arrested for taking phrase 'shacking up' too literally

A South Carolina couple was arrested yesterday for having sex inside a display shed at a Home Depot, police report.

Emily Craig, 20, and Shaun Bowden, 31, were nabbed after cops were called to the store in North Charleston around 8:40 AM.

Officers were dispatched to the business “in reference to an male and female entering a display shed on the property, closing the door behind themselves and remaining inside,” according to a North Charleston Police Department report.

An inspection of the outdoor sheds turned up Craig and Bowden. Craig, cops noted, was “partially clothed; the top of her dress was untied, hanging at her waist.” Bowden was shirtless and “had his pants down near his knees; his penis was exposed.”

During subsequent questioning of the duo, “it became apparent that they were engaged in sexual intercourse within the shed.”

A terrified teenage couple were confronted by armed police on their first holiday abroad - over a row about dirty hand towels.

Francesca Stefanyszyn, 17, and her boyfriend Ged Sykes, 18, were checking out of their five-star hotel in Krakow, Poland, when staff demanded £41 to pay for the towels, which were lightly marked with mud.

The young couple, who were on holiday earlier this month for Ged’s 18th birthday, said the situation escalated when they had no money to pay for them and staff called two 'burly' armed police officers who demanded their passports.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2dSyF3Xhy
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...nd-towels.html

What's weird about this story?

Believe it or not, that good looking lass is my ex-wifes youngest daughter. A really lovely kid who delighted an old(ish) man (me) by dancing with him at my youngest sons 30th birthday party last November.

That's the weird bit!

There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Lemur 

I'd do h-

Wait.

Ripped off on a holiday, happens to everyone. You are just too amazed when it happens so you go with it and don't make a fuzz
    Last edited by Fragony; 08-30-2013 at 16:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    I' do h-

Wait.
    She is a looker isn't she? Just like her mum at that age.
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneApache View Post
    She is a looker isn't she? Just like her mum at that age.
    Yeah she is, shamelesly nerdy and packed with attitude

Members thankful for this post (4):

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

First Hasselhoff takes down Communism, and now James Blunt prevents World War III.

"Singer James Blunt has told the BBC how he refused an order to attack Russian troops when he was a British soldier in Kosovo. Blunt said he was willing to risk a court martial by rejecting the order from a US General.

But he was backed by British Gen Sir Mike Jackson, who said: "I'm not going to have my soldiers be responsible for starting World War III.""
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

Hot teenage girl karate excorcists—the Org should buy up the film rights NOW

Brynne Larson and Tess and Savannah Scherkenback are all-American girls from Arizona, who enjoy martial arts and horse riding. But something sets them apart from most teenagers - they perform public exorcisms and often appear on TV chat shows.

Eighteen-year-old Brynne met sisters Tess and Savannah about eight years ago at a karate class.

"We just really hit it off," says Savannah, aged 21. "I don't know what happens but somehow you bond when you're punching one another and throwing knees. We were working out together, learning how to fight and how to defend ourselves and defend others."

The girls are now karate black belts, but because of their particular Christian beliefs, they have also decided to do battle, they say, against evil spirits or demons. [...]

The girls have been trained by Brynne's father, the Rev Bob Larson, who says he has performed over 15,000 exorcisms. They have appeared alongside him in America and overseas, including the UK.

"Every single country has a specific kind of demon," says Tess, 18, who loves music and reading.

The girls believe that the UK in particular is a hotbed for "witchcraft" because of the popularity of J K Rowling's Harry Potter books.

"The spells and things that you're reading in the Harry Potter books, those aren't just something that are made up, those are actual spells. Those are things that came from witchcraft books," says Tess.

I'm trying to come up with a crappy pun regarding "sweep the leg" and a witch's broom but I got nothing :(

Lemur 

Let jezus you comes kinda naturally given the subject

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Houston, we have a frog problem

trained on something else.

It was a remote camera activated by sound that caught a now-famous frog in mid-air Sept. 6 as a rocket blasted off to send a robotic orbiter to the moon, said Keith Koehler, news chief at the Wallops Flight Facility on Wallops Island in eastern Virginia.

The camera, about 150 feet from the launch pad, was activated by the sound of the liftoff and took a sequence of eight or nine photos.

One of those photos included a frog, no doubt surprised to be airborne, backlit by the rocket's glare.

"It's a real photo and a real frog," said Jason Townsend, NASA's deputy social media manager.

Thanks to the Internet, the photo quickly went viral, giving the Lunar Atmosphere and Dust Environment Explorer (LADEE) spacecraft more exposure than it might have attracted otherwise.

"It was an absolutely incredible moment to see something like that go viral," Townsend said Friday by phone from Washington. "It was one of those outtake moments - a great way to continue to share about the launch."

Asked about the frog's fate, Koehler said, "We have no idea."
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Discussion of Kant’s philosophy ends in gunfire

MOSCOW — An argument in southern Russia over philosopher Immanuel Kant, the author of “Critique of Pure Reason,” devolved into pure mayhem when one debater shot the other.

A police spokeswoman in Rostov-on Don, Viktoria Safarova, said two men in their 20s were discussing Kant as they stood in line to buy beer at a small store on Sunday. The discussion deteriorated into a fistfight and one participant pulled out a small nonlethal pistol and fired repeatedly. [...]

It was not clear which of Kant’s ideas may have triggered the violence.

Sounds like things got out of Kantrol

Standing Up For Rationality Senior Member Ronin's Avatar

obviously they are not big fans of each other's existentialism.
    "If given the choice to be the shepherd or the sheep... be the wolf"
    -Josh Homme
    "That's the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isn't good enough for me! I demand euphoria!"
    - Calvin

One-toothed man bites off another fella's Johnson

A nearly toothless British man bit off his neighbor's penis after the two quarreled about loud music.

Jason Martin, 41, used his one remaining fang to chomp down on Richard Henderson's manhood "like it was a sandwich" after being asked to turn his Xbox volume down.

So much force was used during the brutal attack at his Dover, Kent, home that his 39-year-old's member was severed off.

"My willy was not attached to the rest of my body … I have never experienced that kind of pain to this day and I don't want to experience it ever again," Henderson, who has had it stitched back on, said.

rvg 

Well it's a good thing the aggressor fits the poor dental stereotype of Britain. Imagine the horrors he would have inflicted with a full set in prime condition.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Public Masturbation Declared Legal in Sweden After Landmark Trial

Sweden is now "okay" with public masturbation. On June 6, a 65-year-old man took off his shorts at a beach near Stockholm and began masturbating into the ocean. The man was charged with sexual assault, but was acquitted last week after a judge ruled he was not targeting a specific person.

Even though the Södertörn District Court's judgment stated it “may be proven that the man exposed himself and masturbated on this occasion,” the court decided the man had not committed a crime, a decision the public prosecutor agreed with, though he said in the future public masturbation might be considered disorderly conduct.

"For this to be a criminal offence it's required that the sexual molestation was directed towards one or more people," Olof Vrethammar said. "I think the court's judgement is reasonable. With that we can conclude that it is okay to masturbate on the beach."

The ruling in the case comes just three months after Sweden's last major sex scandal, when police in Stockholm announced that a man who [has sex with] bicycles was on the loose.

/headdesk
    "And if the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war and not popularity seeking. If they want peace, they and their relatives must stop the war." - William Tecumseh Sherman

“The market, like the Lord, helps those who help themselves. But unlike the Lord, the market does not forgive those who know not what they do.” - Warren Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by rvg View Post
    /headdesk
    That's legal now too.

Amazing. A drastic decline of crime in Eastern-Europe. I wonder why.

Apocalypse Timeshares

A company called Terra Vivos is building underground timeshare communities "built to withstand a 50-megaton nuclear blast 10 miles away, 450mph winds, a magnitude-10 earthquake, 10 days of 1,250°F surface fires, and three weeks beneath any flood." Asteroids, nuclear war or angels with trumpets—you'll survive them all trapped with neighbors under a mountain.

It's a modern-day Noah's ark for the nuclear generation. It will house thousands of DNA samples and withstand a 20 megaton nuclear blast. Today, you can secure your space in this Kansas-based survivalist community shelter for only $25,000. It's called Terra Vivos, and it's the world's largest doomsday timeshare.

The shelter is located 50-150ft below the Missouri River bluffs, in part of a former limestone mine, known as the Atchison Storage Facility. This facility served as a secure bunker complex for the U.S. government since World War 2 up until 2013, when the company behind the Vivos Survival Shelter and Resort acquired a large portion of the 2.7 million sq. ft. underground storage facility. The Vivos shelters will also come with their very own "Cryovaults" that will house "reproductive gamete cells and DNA of humans and animals for a potential re-population of the Earth."

Here's how the Vivos Group is marketing their Doomsday timeshares:

People are sensing that a global life-changing event is just ahead. The governments of the world have been bunkering up for decades. What do they know? Why is nobody telling you to prepare? Obviously, to avoid a mass panic. What is your plan? Will your family be victims, or survivors in one of our shelters. The accepted solution to most of the threat scenarios is to find underground shelter. The soil of the Earth itself can provide the best shelter for most catastrophes, including a pole shift, super volcano eruptions, solar flares, earthquakes, asteroids, tsunamis, nuclear attack, bio terrorism, chemical warfare and even widespread social anarchy. The governments of the world have been busy building vast underground shelter complexes for the elite. What do they know? The rest of us are on our own, without a long-term survival solution.

Blog Entries

Time Headline across the world - September 16th
    Last edited by Beskar; 09-19-2013 at 20:59.
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Members thankful for this post (7):

+ Show/Hide List

Blog Entries

Venezuela seizes toilet paper factory to avoid shortage

The National Guard has taken control of the plant, and officers will monitor production and distribution.

Earlier this year officials ordered millions of toilet rolls to be imported to counter a chronic shortage.

Last week President Nicolas Maduro created a special committee to tackle the problem, which the government blames on unscrupulous traders.

The government ordered the temporary occupation of the Manpa plant in the northern state of Aragua, state-run Radio AVN reported.

In a tweet on Thursday, Venezuela's Vice President, Jorge Arreaza, said authorities would "not permit hoarding of essential commodities, or any faults in the production and distribution process."

The Minister of Trade, Alexander Fleming, said the factory occupation complied with Venezuelan law.

Lemur 

Page 222 of 236 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232 ... LastLast