Thread: coordinates of campaign map

Default coordinates of campaign map

any one knows how to now the settlements coordinates??? or any coordinates on the campaign map???
    i need to know because i want to put generals and armies in certain settlements, and ground zones (in the campaign map)....

Finder of Little Oddities Senior Member Makanyane's Avatar

Default Re: coordinates of campaign map

Hi welcome to the forum.

To find the co-ordinate when you're in the game (which is best as you can make sure you are not putting army in forest etc). Open Rome Shell - normally this is by hitting `¬ key below Esc on your keyboard, though different language keyboards may be different, when its open you see a black strip across the screen with a space for you to type text.

Hover your mouse pointer over the city or other position you want co-ordinate for and type (note its case sensitive):
    show_cursorstat
    in to the Rome Shell line and hit enter. That should then give you co-ordinate on next line.

You can get also get city co-ordinates if you open map_regions.tga in your image editor, but note that RTW takes the bottom left corner of map as 0,0 so in image editor you need to subtract the y value (height) from overall height of map to get the co-ordinate game will use.
    Not used mods before? Looking for something small and fun?!
    Download the:

Chief Biscuit Monitor Member professorspatula's Avatar

I just flip the map upside down to get the y value. Saves having to use my brain to do subtractions.
    Improving the TW Series one step at a time:

BI Extra Hordes & Unlocked Factions Mod: Available here.

Pincushioned Ashigaru Member Poulp''s Avatar

you can also look in there:

List of vanilla city coordinates
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=50921

ok, i entered the console and typed show_cursorstat and it worked...one more thing, in the map_regions.tga each pixel (a,b) corresponds to the respective coordinates (x,y) ? like this: width (10px) height (4px) corresponds to coordinates (10 , 4)....also checked the link with vanila list of city coordinates (helps saving time)

thanks for the help guys, now i can continue anding new regions and changing ownerships .......