Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 0.81a CTD fixes you should try out before posting

Smile Re: 0.81a CTD fixes you should try out before posting

Had a persistent CTD in the AI turn in my Karthadast campaign after I captured Rhegion using BI.exe and 0.81a with the Redmeth money script. Installed v2 (had forgot to do that... ) and the traits typo fix, and now everything works great!

I don´t know if this is the place to write this kind of thing, but this is my first post and I just wanted to thank everyone on the team for a truly great game! (Especially now that I got to continue my campaign! )

Hellpuppy unleashed Member Subedei's Avatar

Default Re: 0.81a CTD fixes you should try out before posting

Dear EB team, I was close to complete desperation, when my Baktira deluxe campaign decided to CTD in 266. Reloaded and varied the setting about 15 times. Still CTD....Finally found this threat and did as i was told to....Now guess who´s back annoying Seleuks on their Eastern border? Yes, me & my elephant riding, horse arching and phalanx forming friends from BAKTRIA...Thank you guys a looooootttt!
    Last edited by Subedei; 06-29-2007 at 11:42.
    “Some may never live, but the crazy never die” (Hunter S. Thompson)

had a CTD in my romani campaign everytime i clicked 'end turn' in 134 BC, used the rebellion fix and that seems to have solved the problem!
    However i am unsure if i should keep the fix on or revert back to the old data, as early post suggested keepin the fix in the script was the best thing to do. Any advice?

It's a temporary fix. If you don't mind having extra units available everywhere, keep it.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Hey, bovi, I need your help.

I downloaded the traits fix, because of a Carthaginian campiagn which I had a CTD with. Unfortunately my computer does not have any software which allows it to recognize the file. Could you provide me with the name of a software that would work so I can google it?

btw, the CTD has happened every time I get to good in a campiagn, and the only similarity is that it only happens when I hit the end turn button.
    Has anyone reported this type of bug? If they have I'll look for the thread and try what they did.

Thanks in advance,
    gran_guitarra

Quote Originally Posted by me, in the original post
    When the instructions say to unpack files, you can use 7-zip, which is free.

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Tried that one the first time. Don't know if I did something wrong or what but I couldn't get it to work.
    I'll try it again and if it doesn't work I'll post on the thread again.

Sorry I'm giving you such trouble, but I'm really not very computer literate and need help.

There are a number of other programs that can unpack it, among them WinRar, which has a free trial. You use 7-zip by running the program, open the packed file and drag the contents that display in the 7-zip window to another explorer window.

================
    ================

Okay, I did it using WinRAR. Thanks for the recommendation.
    I'll check if it worked (fingers crossed), and if anything wierd happens I'll post it here.

Thanks Bovi.

Worked like a charm. Thanks bovi, really nice of you to help me.

Kudos on a great mod.

Updated with a new permanent fix.

================
    ================

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12