Thread: 3D modeling software

Default 3D modeling software

I'm looking for some new software. Something that can make human and mythological models is what i'm looking for. Any suggestions?
    Using the power of the Griff cannon, we make a Griff sized hole in the outer wall. Or we paint it a very disgusting color. -Sarge

Well, wizards do tend to be a bunch of guys walking around wearing dresses. That's enough to frighten me right there.

Default Re: 3D modeling software

milkshape is good and only costs $20

I thought that milkshape could only make human models? If it can do mythological stuff too then thats what I'll get.
    Using the power of the Griff cannon, we make a Griff sized hole in the outer wall. Or we paint it a very disgusting color. -Sarge

Well, wizards do tend to be a bunch of guys walking around wearing dresses. That's enough to frighten me right there.

Milkshape is good for low-poly modelling. You can make mythological and other stuff there.

Hi Heledir

Quote Originally Posted by Heledir
    I thought that milkshape could only make human models? If it can do mythological stuff too then thats what I'll get.
    You can make anything you like in most 3d modelling programs. I fyou need to use it in M2TW though you'll have to fix it onto a generic human skeleton/bones until we get the m2tw skeleton system analyzed.

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Thanks i'll have to get milkshape then. i guess i'll have to wait until we can put in Myth stuff.

I've recently bought 3dsMax 8, and it is just unbelievably better than milkshape. The problem is GOM said that we can't export it into 3dsMax so you'll have to use Milkshape.

Question: How did CA make animations and import them? (which software)
    TWCenter Rebel! (A.K.A - Grandmaster Ryu, TaylorJ2 + more!)
    Destroyers Clan Member - {{Destroyers}I}TaylorJ2

"God is not on the side of the big battalions but of the best shots." - Voltaire

Patriot of England!

Proud to be British! Rule Britannia!

Quote Originally Posted by taylorj2
    I've recently bought 3dsMax 8, and it is just unbelievably better than milkshape. The problem is GOM said that we can't export it into 3dsMax so you'll have to use Milkshape.

Question: How did CA make animations and import them? (which software)
    I wouldn't say that max is better than milkshape, of course it is way larger with lots of options (most of which you don't need for M2). For low poly modeling you can use both on even levels. In the end it depends in which software it is easier to work (user interface etc.).

You can export m2 meshes (at first convert to milkshape format and then convert to either Autodesk format (3ds) or Wavefront object (obj)) into 3d max, by using import feature.

CA probably made animations in 3d max and then used their own tools for creating cas, mesh etc formats.