Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Fixing the AI money script (preliminary tests)

Closet Celtophile Member Redmeth's Avatar

Default Re: Fixing the AI money script (preliminary tests)

I mean something like this, if they're treasury is more than 200000 they get by well enough, if it dips below again they'll start receiving either the infrastructure bonus if they're less than 20 years old or the stepped bonus depending on size.
    I think it could work out well, if you agree with me are you willing to implement in the ebbs_script for all the factions so more people can test it, or of course change it to what you think will be even better. I could try and change them myself but I think that a united effort and not every guy with his own script is the way to go.
    BTW I'm not trying to hijack this but I got caught up and I really think if this is done properly it could really improve the game.
    Code:
    monitor_event SettlementTurnStart FactionType seleucid
    and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_TurnNumber  < 81
    and Treasury < 200000

console_command add_money seleucid, 1200

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements seleucid < 4
    and I_TurnNumber > 80

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements seleucid < 9
    and I_NumberOfSettlements seleucid > 3
    and I_TurnNumber > 80

console_command add_money seleucid, 1000

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements seleucid < 16
    and I_NumberOfSettlements seleucid > 8
    and I_TurnNumber > 80

console_command add_money seleucid, 800

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements seleucid < 25
    and I_NumberOfSettlements seleucid > 15
    and I_TurnNumber > 80

console_command add_money seleucid, 600

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements seleucid > 25
    and I_TurnNumber > 80

console_command add_money seleucid, 400

end_monitor
    P.S I'd give 400 ( a third of the initial sum) for empires with more than 25 provinces.
    Last edited by Redmeth; 04-21-2007 at 09:56.

Thanks a lot people, for taking this initiative, it's super tedious to fight against infinite stacks. It's getting interesting to see some of the tests people are making with giving less money to super powers and more to smaller ones. I hope I can find a good balance that suits me in this thread, not just the old "the AI is stupid, she has the money, you have the brains".

Quote Originally Posted by Redmeth
    I think it could work out well, if you agree with me are you willing to implement in the ebbs_script for all the factions so more people can test it, or of course change it to what you think will be even better. I could try and change them myself but I think that a united effort and not every guy with his own script is the way to go.
    Well it definitely is a promising idea. I'm testing my second version of the script right now though so I'm gonna keep doing that for awhile. It's not that hard (just tedious) to extend your script for all the factions, just copy and paste it 20 times and change the faction names. If you do this, I'll definitely post it at the top of the thread as an alternative.

I sort of agree and sort of disagree with your united effort idea. Right now it's still really early and we are just feeling our way around in the dark until we hit on something that works. So I think it makes sense to have people testing different ideas right now. I'm testing the simple stepped formula, TheErrant is testing his idea of giving treasury limits to some factions and not others, and you can test your idea too. All of them hold a lot of promise and it may turn out that one is the best. When that becomes apparent, THEN we can all unite and rally around that one method and improve it together, like you said.

*shrug*
    Last edited by Sheep; 04-21-2007 at 12:45.

Okay, I've done it here's a sample:
    Code:
    monitor_event CharacterTurnStart FactionType egypt
    and AgentType = admiral
    and not FactionIsLocal
    console_command add_money egypt, 800
    end_monitor

;Rome
    and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_TurnNumber  < 81
    and Treasury < 100000

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_TurnNumber  > 80
    and Treasury < 200000

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_TurnNumber  > 80
    and Treasury < 200000

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_TurnNumber  > 80
    and Treasury < 200000

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_TurnNumber  > 80
    and Treasury < 200000

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_TurnNumber  > 80
    and Treasury < 200000

console_command add_money seleucid, 400

end_monitor
    I also lowered the money the Carthies get from fleets because they seem to get obnoxiously rich nonetheless.
    Here's the link:
    http://www.axifile.com/?4386189

I added a 200k limit to the stepped bonus too, because any faction that's doing so well doesn't need more bonuses.
    Please leave your thoughts, comments and even crazy ideas in order to further improve this.
    Last edited by Redmeth; 04-21-2007 at 15:11.

Questor of AI revenue. Member The Errant's Avatar

Results of the second modified testscript. Our beloved cockroaches the Macedonians are so far the only eliminated faction. And that happened as late as Fall 202 B.C.

There isn't much left of the Seleukids and the Getai are stubbornly holding on to their home province. The Pontics have been ousted from their capital but Trapezous has something like an 8 general garrison.

The Saka are done as are the Sauromatae. For a long time it looked like the Auedui were winning the Gallic civil war but recently the fortune of the Arverni has been going up. The Sweboz got back into the game after several revolts and the Carthies are doing their usual conquering the world stuff.
    The Ptolies grabbed Asia Minor from the Seleukids which contributed greatly to their fall although the Baktrians and Pahlava were already gobbling up the Seleukid east.

Neither the Sabaeans or the Koinon are doing all that well. They had their glory days but that seems a thing of the past. The Epirotes have once again developed into a superpower and Rome is being held nice and tight on it's peninsula, although recently they have been showing signs of breaking out.

The Lusotannan are sharing their living space with the Carthies and I expect that within ten years or so they will have a brief but brutal war that will wipe the Lusotannan off the map.

My biggest surprise is the Pahlava. They are finally becoming true Wastelanders and have an impressive empire going. Although they are at war with their former allies the Baktrians it could turn either way. My only problem is that they decided to expand north and northwest instead of south and southwest. Will look into that later.

Once again. Some things have improved while others haven't. I will make new adjustments to the script. Meanwhile I'm providing a copy of my current script: http://www.axifile.com?7369241

Also this screenie illustrates some of the financial problems that need looking into.
    Last edited by The Errant; 04-21-2007 at 19:19.

"If you listen, carefully. You can hear the Gods laughing."

Last words of Emperor Commodus. From "The Fall of the Roman Empire".

I have an idea. How about putting a cap on how low the AI's money supply can go, to stop them getting in horrible debt. I can see that a few factions (like celtic) are getting in debt, which might cripple their future expansion.

Is it possible to use the cap for deb? like if treasur < 0 then : add like 1000?

I started testing as the Casse only hitting end turn with the script I posted, but before starting I had a hunch that the Eleutheroi would be too strong with 3500 a turn so i gave them 3200 but still they seem to be strong with almost all rebel cities having full-stack or close to a full stack garrison, strong rebel cities are good for stopping the strong factions but inhibit the expansion of small factions I think 3000 or 2900 will be a better sum for the rebels. Because of the strong rebels, factions like Baktria will rather turn on their neighbors (Saka) rather than attacking the rebel cities.
    Some pics:
    270:

260:

250:

240:

230:

220:

If you downloaded my script you could change these lines to change the bonus for the rebels from 3500 to 3000
    Code:
    monitor_event SettlementTurnStart 
    FactionType slave
    and not FactionIsLocal

console_command add_money slave, 3000

end_monitor
    EDIT:More testing, I still believe somewhere between 2800-3000 is a right sum for the rebels in order for them to be a challenge but not stop the smaller factions from expanding.
    Last edited by Redmeth; 04-22-2007 at 17:32.

I have updated the first two posts to include the two major alternative scripts. As usual I posted download links on the first post, and the actual code modifications in the second. Hopefully I will have time today to test.

Also, in 8 days this thread has become the 10th most-viewed thread in this forum!
    Last edited by Sheep; 04-22-2007 at 00:38.

Celtic Cataphracts!!!! Member The Celt's Avatar

Cool Re: Fixing the AI money script (preliminary tests)

I started testing as the Casse only hitting end turn with the script I posted, but before starting I had a hunch that the Eleutheroi would be too strong with 3500 a turn so i gave them 3200 but still they seem to be strong with almost all rebel cities having full-stack or close to a full stack garrison, strong rebel cities are good for stopping the strong factions but inhibit the expansion of small factions I think 3000 or 2900 will be a better sum for the rebels. Because of the strong rebels, factions like Baktria will rather turn on their neighbors (Saka) rather than attacking the rebel cities.
    Some pics:
    270:

260:

250:

If you downloaded my script you could change these lines to change the bonus for the rebels from 3500 to 3000
    Code:
    monitor_event SettlementTurnStart 
    FactionType slave
    and not FactionIsLocal

console_command add_money slave, 3000

end_monitors:
    Redmeth, it's not that they have full-stacks it's that they have insanely high ranking generals leading their armies. If you besiege a rebel settlement for example, you'll most likely encounter a 5-7 star general defending the city. That's what is slowing AI progression into those regions, not the full-stacks.
    Achtungaz!!! You vill all zavmit to zeh Svveboz!!!!

Currently rising to power as:

Quote Originally Posted by The Celt
    Redmeth, it's not that they have full-stacks it's that they have insanely high ranking generals leading their armies. If you besiege a rebel settlement for example, you'll most likely encounter a 5-7 star general defending the city. That's what is slowing AI progression into those regions, not the full-stacks.
    It's both. He nearly tripled the amount of money available to the slave faction every turn. So now those slave ubergenerals can afford to lead a full-stack garrison in every city. The generals weren't changed, just the funding to the slave faction. So it's easy to pin down why the AI progression into slave areas has slowed down.

Test #1 using the second version of my script.

Sadly I forgot to turn FRAPS on before the test began. A fact which I did not discover until I got to 200BC!!! So I have no screenshots except for the last one in 200. Here it is:

I can try to sum up what happened.

1) Expansion into rebel areas was slow, as one might expect since I tripled the slave faction income. This changed around 230, when all the slave ubergenerals began to die, also as usual.

2)The Sweboz, Aedui, Armenians, Parthians, Pontics, and Getai were totally stagnant. The Saba expanded to their current size by around 240 and have been stagnant since. The Saka had the Baktrians down to two provinces early on in the game but an equilibrium was established by about 250. Baktria was stagnant until around 230, when it began explosive expansion into India and Saka territory.

3) The Seleukids were able to cling to territory in the west until about 240 when things began to unravel for them there and the Ptolemies began their slow conquest. However, they have held their own in the east and nearly eliminated Parthia at one point. They were allied to Baktria for the whole game, so that may have had something to do with it as well.

4) The KH had reduced the Makedonians to Euboia (and Lesbos, of course) by about 250. But the Makedonians, like the good cockroaches they are, made an amazing comeback, conquering the entire Peloponnese by 240 and the rest of Greece by 230. KH became a protectorate by about that time. Epirus was next, as Makedon conquered all of its territory as far north as Dalminion by 225 and making Epirus a protectorate as well. Makedon utterly dominated the entire Balkan peninsula as the Getai became a protectorate soon after. It also began to expand into Asia Minor around this time, coming into conflict with the Ptolemies recently.

5) Another comeback. By 240, Rome had conquered the entire Italian peninsula and all the surrounding islands except for Lilybeo on Sicily. By 225, Carthage had gained all that territory back, including all of Sicily. In 221, Carthage conquered Rhegion. In only the next six years, they went on to completely eliminate the Romans.

6) Allied with the Lusotannan and the Ptolemies, Carthage was free to expand its empire into Europe after conquering northwest Africa. By 210 Carthage held the entire Mediterranean coast west of Lepki in the south and Segestica in the north, but had almost completely avoided conquering inland, just as you'd expect them to in real life. In the last decade though, after hitting the 25-30 province range, their empire has begun to crumble. The Lusotannan finally declared war and took Massalia and some territory in Spain. The Aedui took two provinces by rebellion. Messana rebelled to the KH, which proceeded to conquer all of Sicily in just a few years, but Carthage has been taking back the island. Taras rebelled to Epirus just 5 years before this picture was taken, and the Epirotes have since been expanding in Italy.

7) With the Aedui stagnant, the Arverni conquered most of Gaul, including Mediolanum, leaving their rivals with just one settlement. I'm sure they would have eventually conquered that too, but around 220 the allied Lusotannan and Carthaginians began to expand out of Spain. The Lusotannan moved north into Gaul, while Carthaginians stayed south along the coast. Normally the Arverni would have been screwed, but since the Sweboz were also stagnant, the Arverni were free to conquer into Germany. The rate at which the Arverni have been conquering eastwards has been about the same as the Lusotannan have been conquering in the west, with the effect that the Arverni have been migrating eastwards! It was actually quite beautiful to watch. I wonder if I kept hitting End Turn, how far eastwards they would go.

Look at these pictures taken in 250 with the AI receiving 3200 per turn:
    Britain:

NE Europe:

In Sheep's script they receive 3500/turn so that's why by 200BC I think the Germans and the Getai did not stand a change or did not expand, the Sauromatae would also have a very tough time expanding. And the desert provinces neighboring the Carthies are also fully garrisoned.
    So 3000 or maybe a little less would offer a better balance
    @Sheep: Why do you say triple? The slave faction was receiving 2200/turn not 1200 like the other factions I believe.
    Last edited by Redmeth; 04-22-2007 at 09:57.

215bc... Starting to get really interesting now. Unlike all these other screenshots, i have actually been playing the game... As you can see.

Never seen Greece do so well in my life.

Hmm I'd like to see some more of The Errant's tests...

Look at these pictures taken in 250 with the AI receiving 3200 per turn:
    Britain:

NE Europe:

In Sheep's script they receive 3500/turn so that's why by 200BC I think the Germans and the Getai did not stand a change or did not expand, the Sauromatae would also have a very tough time expanding. And the desert provinces neighboring the Carthies are also fully garrisoned.
    So 3000 or maybe a little less would offer a better balance
    @Sheep: Why do you say triple? The slave faction was receiving 2200/turn not 1200 like the other factions I believe.
    In my first modified script i gave the Eleutheroi 3500 mnai per turn. The good part is they stall the Seleukid expansion in both Asia Minor and the East provinces next to India. The bad news is it completely stops some of the smaller factions from expanding.
    In my second script it reduced the amount to 2750 mnai per turn. That was a decent balance that didn't stall faction progression completely but did slow it down significantly.
    I think the balance is somewhere between 2500 and 3300. Give them more and they are overpowered. Give them less and they become pushovers.

I think the weaker factions need additional money bonuses as per the script for a longer time at the beginning of the game than the larger ones. If the AI can amass a treasury of over 900000 something is seriously wrong. Either everbody gets that ability or it gets reduced to something manageable.

To Dan_Grr. There is actually a link to my latest script as part of my post. Just download it and replace your script with my if you want to try it. Make sure you have a backup of your original script somewhere before you try though.

I've just downloaded it now, thanks, yours seems more balanced to my type of play and my kind of logic, Im not implying that is the best, but it will probably suit me better. I might make a couple of tests with the Casse, now that I've turned fog of war off.

I come for a frustrating Getai experience. Let's see how I fare with my Lusotannan ancestors in a new campaign.

I think 2800 for the Slave faction is a good sum and I will use this in my next test, I'll try and tweak the stepped bonuses as Baktria seems to be getting pretty out of control, the Seleucids need to be stronger. Maybe the smaller and poorer factions should get the bonuses reserved for the first 5 years (the 6000 mhai) for 10 years.
    I changed the period of "grace" from 5 years to 10 for all factions only the small and poor benefit from it as you cans see here:

Code:
    monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType romans_julii
    and not FactionIsLocal
    and Treasury < 3000
    and I_NumberOfSettlements romans_julii < 4
    and I_TurnNumber < 40

console_command add_money romans_julii, 6000

end_monitor
    and tweaked the stepped bonuses like this:

Code:
    ;Rome
    and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_TurnNumber  < 81
    and Treasury < 100000

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_TurnNumber  > 80
    and Treasury < 200000

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_TurnNumber  > 80
    and Treasury < 200000

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_TurnNumber  > 80
    and Treasury < 200000

console_command add_money seleucid, 850

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_TurnNumber  > 80
    and Treasury < 200000

console_command add_money seleucid, 700

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_TurnNumber  > 80
    and Treasury < 200000

end_monitor
    And here is the new link:
    http://www.axifile.com/?1987571
    Please update this to the front page if you please Sheep.
    Last edited by Redmeth; 04-22-2007 at 17:52.

I have to try yours too, thanks.

You're right, I forgot that.

OK. I got another PM from Eminos64. He once again came up with a new piece of code I'm adding to my script:

monitor_event SettlementTurnStart FactionType scythia
    and not FactionIsLocal
    and Treasury < -3000

console_command add_money pontus, 5000
    It's supposed to stop the small/weak factions from plummeting into debt and get a positive treasury to help them expand. I've also done what Sheep has done and added to the number of years at the beginning of the game that the AI gets additonal financial help to expand and build infrastructure. Once again only the Steppe and Barbarian factions get this benefit. The Barbarians for double of the origianal value, and the Steppe factions for triple of the original value.

I am personally very interested in the results of Redmeth's infrastructure bonus. Please post screenies soon! Now I'll go back to being despot of the Casse for another 288 turns.

Code:
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    ;Section 4: Money Assistance

;Section 4a: Difficult Start Help
    and not FactionIsLocal
    and Treasury < 3000
    and I_NumberOfSettlements romans_julii < 4
    and I_TurnNumber < 20

end_monitor

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType romans_scipii
    and not FactionIsLocal
    and Treasury < 3000
    and I_NumberOfSettlements romans_scipii < 4
    and I_TurnNumber < 20

console_command add_money romans_scipii, 6000

end_monitor

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType romans_brutii
    and not FactionIsLocal
    and Treasury < 3000
    and I_NumberOfSettlements romans_brutii < 4
    and I_TurnNumber < 40

console_command add_money romans_brutii, 6000

end_monitor

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType egypt
    and not FactionIsLocal
    and Treasury < 3000
    and I_NumberOfSettlements egypt < 4
    and I_TurnNumber < 20

console_command add_money egypt, 6000

end_monitor

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType seleucid
    and not FactionIsLocal
    and Treasury < 3000
    and I_TurnNumber < 20

console_command add_money seleucid, 6000

end_monitor

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType carthage
    and not FactionIsLocal
    and Treasury < 3000
    and I_NumberOfSettlements carthage < 4
    and I_TurnNumber < 40

console_command add_money carthage, 6000

end_monitor

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType parthia
    and not FactionIsLocal
    and Treasury < 3000
    and I_NumberOfSettlements parthia < 4
    and I_TurnNumber < 60

console_command add_money parthia, 6000

end_monitor

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType gauls
    and not FactionIsLocal
    and Treasury < 3000
    and I_NumberOfSettlements gauls < 4
    and I_TurnNumber < 40

console_command add_money gauls, 6000

end_monitor

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType germans
    and not FactionIsLocal
    and Treasury < 3000
    and I_NumberOfSettlements germans < 4
    and I_TurnNumber < 40

console_command add_money germans, 6000

end_monitor

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType britons
    and not FactionIsLocal
    and Treasury < 3000
    and I_NumberOfSettlements britons < 4
    and I_TurnNumber < 40

console_command add_money britons, 6000

end_monitor

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType greek_cities
    and not FactionIsLocal
    and Treasury < 3000
    and I_NumberOfSettlements greek_cities < 4
    and I_TurnNumber < 20

console_command add_money greek_cities, 6000

end_monitor

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType macedon
    and not FactionIsLocal
    and Treasury < 3000
    and I_NumberOfSettlements macedon < 4
    and I_TurnNumber < 20

console_command add_money macedon, 6000

end_monitor

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType pontus
    and not FactionIsLocal
    and Treasury < 3000
    and I_NumberOfSettlements pontus < 4
    and I_TurnNumber < 60

console_command add_money pontus, 6000

end_monitor

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType armenia
    and not FactionIsLocal
    and Treasury < 3000
    and I_NumberOfSettlements armenia < 4
    and I_TurnNumber < 60

console_command add_money armenia, 6000

end_monitor

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType dacia
    and not FactionIsLocal
    and Treasury < 3000
    and I_NumberOfSettlements dacia < 4
    and I_TurnNumber < 40

console_command add_money dacia, 6000

end_monitor

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType scythia
    and not FactionIsLocal
    and Treasury < 3000
    and I_NumberOfSettlements scythia < 4
    and I_TurnNumber < 40

console_command add_money scythia, 6000

end_monitor

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType spain
    and not FactionIsLocal
    and Treasury < 3000
    and I_NumberOfSettlements spain < 4
    and I_TurnNumber < 40

console_command add_money spain, 6000

end_monitor

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType thrace
    and not FactionIsLocal
    and Treasury < 3000
    and I_NumberOfSettlements thrace < 4
    and I_TurnNumber < 20

console_command add_money thrace, 6000

end_monitor

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType numidia
    and not FactionIsLocal
    and Treasury < 3000
    and I_NumberOfSettlements numidia < 4
    and I_TurnNumber < 20

console_command add_money numidia, 6000

end_monitor

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType saba
    and not FactionIsLocal
    and Treasury < 3000
    and I_NumberOfSettlements saba < 4
    and I_TurnNumber < 20

console_command add_money saba, 6000

end_monitor

;Section 4b: City Income Bonus

monitor_event CharacterTurnStart FactionType egypt
    and AgentType = admiral
    and not FactionIsLocal
    console_command add_money egypt, 1200

end_monitor

;Rome

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType seleucid
    and Treasury > 80000
    console_command add_money seleucid, -30000

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements seleucid < 6

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements seleucid < 12
    and I_NumberOfSettlements seleucid > 5

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements seleucid < 20
    and I_NumberOfSettlements seleucid > 11

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements seleucid < 30
    and I_NumberOfSettlements seleucid > 19

console_command add_money seleucid, 500

end_monitor

;Saka

monitor_event SettlementTurnStart FactionType pontus
    and not FactionIsLocal
    and Treasury < -3000

console_command add_money pontus, 5000

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements pontus < 6

console_command add_money parthia, 1800

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements pontus < 12
    and I_NumberOfSettlements pontus > 5

console_command add_money parthia, 1400
    end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements pontus < 20
    and I_NumberOfSettlements pontus > 11

console_command add_money pontus, 1200

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements pontus < 30
    and I_NumberOfSettlements pontus > 19

console_command add_money pontus, 1000

end_monitor

;Arverni

and not FactionIsLocal
    and Treasury < -3000

console_command add_money scythia, 5000

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements scythia < 4

console_command add_money scythia, 1200

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements scythia < 9
    and I_NumberOfSettlements scythia > 3

console_command add_money scythia, 1000

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements scythia < 16
    and I_NumberOfSettlements scythia > 8

console_command add_money scythia, 800

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements scythia < 25
    and I_NumberOfSettlements scythia > 15

console_command add_money scythia, 500

end_monitor

;Saba

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType saba
    and Treasury > 100000
    console_command add_money saba, -30000

end_monitor

monitor_event SettlementTurnStart FactionType saba
    and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements saba < 6

console_command add_money saba, 1200

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements saba < 12
    and I_NumberOfSettlements saba > 5

console_command add_money saba, 1000

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements saba < 20
    and I_NumberOfSettlements saba > 11

console_command add_money saba, 800

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements saba < 30
    and I_NumberOfSettlements saba > 19

console_command add_money saba, 500

end_monitor

;Makedon

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType macedon
    and Treasury > 80000
    console_command add_money macedon, -30000

end_monitor

monitor_event SettlementTurnStart FactionType macedon
    and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements macedon < 6

console_command add_money macedon, 1200

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements macedon < 12
    and I_NumberOfSettlements macedon > 5

console_command add_money macedon, 1000

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements macedon < 20
    and I_NumberOfSettlements macedon > 11

console_command add_money macedon, 800

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements macedon < 30
    and I_NumberOfSettlements macedon > 19

console_command add_money macedon, 500

end_monitor

;Ptolemies

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType numidia
    and Treasury > 80000
    console_command add_money numidia, -30000

end_monitor

monitor_event SettlementTurnStart FactionType numidia
    and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements numidia < 6

console_command add_money numidia, 1200

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements numidia < 12
    and I_NumberOfSettlements numidia > 5

console_command add_money numidia, 1000

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements numidia < 20
    and I_NumberOfSettlements numidia > 11

console_command add_money numidia, 800

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements numidia < 30
    and I_NumberOfSettlements numidia > 19

console_command add_money numidia, 500

end_monitor

;Arche Seleukeia

and Treasury > 80000
    console_command add_money romans_julii, -30000

end_monitor

monitor_event SettlementTurnStart FactionType romans_julii
    and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements romans_julii < 6

console_command add_money romans_julii, 1200

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements romans_julii < 12
    and I_NumberOfSettlements romans_julii > 5

console_command add_money romans_julii, 1000

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements romans_julii < 20
    and I_NumberOfSettlements romans_julii > 11

console_command add_money romans_julii, 800

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements romans_julii < 30
    and I_NumberOfSettlements romans_julii > 19

console_command add_money romans_julii, 500

end_monitor

;Carthage

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType egypt
    and Treasury > 80000
    console_command add_money egypt, -30000

end_monitor

monitor_event SettlementTurnStart FactionType egypt
    and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements egypt < 6

console_command add_money egypt, 1200

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements egypt < 12
    and I_NumberOfSettlements egypt > 5

console_command add_money egypt, 1000

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements egypt < 20
    and I_NumberOfSettlements egypt > 11

console_command add_money egypt, 800

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements egypt < 30
    and I_NumberOfSettlements egypt > 19

console_command add_money egypt, 500

end_monitor

;Parthians

monitor_event SettlementTurnStart FactionType parthia
    and not FactionIsLocal
    and Treasury < -3000

console_command add_money parthia, 5000

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements parthia < 6

console_command add_money parthia, 1800

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements parthia < 12
    and I_NumberOfSettlements parthia > 5

console_command add_money parthia, 1400
    end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements parthia < 20
    and I_NumberOfSettlements parthia > 11

console_command add_money parthia, 1200

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements parthia < 30
    and I_NumberOfSettlements parthia > 19

console_command add_money parthia, 1000

end_monitor

;Pontus

monitor_event SettlementTurnStart FactionType carthage
    and not FactionIsLocal
    and Treasury < -3000

console_command add_money carthage, 5000

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements carthage < 4

console_command add_money carthage, 1600

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements carthage < 9
    and I_NumberOfSettlements carthage > 3

console_command add_money carthage, 1200
    end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements carthage < 16
    and I_NumberOfSettlements carthage > 8

console_command add_money carthage, 1000

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements carthage < 25
    and I_NumberOfSettlements carthage > 15

console_command add_money carthage, 800

end_monitor

;Aedui

monitor_event SettlementTurnStart FactionType gauls
    and not FactionIsLocal
    and Treasury < -3000

console_command add_money gauls, 5000

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements gauls < 4

console_command add_money gauls, 1200

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements gauls < 9
    and I_NumberOfSettlements gauls > 3

console_command add_money gauls, 1000

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements gauls < 16
    and I_NumberOfSettlements gauls > 8

console_command add_money gauls, 800

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements gauls < 25
    and I_NumberOfSettlements gauls > 15

console_command add_money gauls, 500

end_monitor

;Sweboz

monitor_event SettlementTurnStart FactionType germans
    and not FactionIsLocal
    and Treasury < -3000

console_command add_money germans, 5000
    end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements germans < 4

console_command add_money germans, 1200

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements germans < 9
    and I_NumberOfSettlements germans > 3

console_command add_money germans, 1000

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements germans < 16
    and I_NumberOfSettlements germans > 8

console_command add_money germans, 800

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements germans < 25
    and I_NumberOfSettlements germans > 15

console_command add_money germans, 500

end_monitor

;Casse

monitor_event SettlementTurnStart FactionType britons
    and not FactionIsLocal
    and Treasury < -3000

console_command add_money britons, 5000

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements britons < 4

console_command add_money britons, 1200

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements britons < 9
    and I_NumberOfSettlements britons > 3

console_command add_money britons, 1000

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements britons < 16
    and I_NumberOfSettlements britons > 8

console_command add_money britons, 800

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements britons < 25
    and I_NumberOfSettlements britons > 15

console_command add_money britons, 500

end_monitor

;Hayasdan

monitor_event SettlementTurnStart FactionType romans_scipii
    and not FactionIsLocal
    and Treasury < -3000

console_command add_money romans_scipii, 5000

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements romans_scipii < 6

console_command add_money romans_scipii, 1200

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements romans_scipii < 12
    and I_NumberOfSettlements romans_scipii > 5

console_command add_money romans_scipii, 1000

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements romans_scipii < 20
    and I_NumberOfSettlements romans_scipii > 11

console_command add_money romans_scipii, 800

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements romans_scipii < 30
    and I_NumberOfSettlements romans_scipii > 19

console_command add_money romans_scipii, 500

end_monitor

;Getai

monitor_event SettlementTurnStart FactionType dacia
    and not FactionIsLocal
    and Treasury < -3000

console_command add_money dacia, 5000

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements dacia < 4

console_command add_money dacia, 1600

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements dacia < 9
    and I_NumberOfSettlements dacia > 3

console_command add_money dacia, 1200
    end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements dacia < 16
    and I_NumberOfSettlements dacia > 8

console_command add_money dacia, 1000

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements dacia < 25
    and I_NumberOfSettlements dacia > 15

console_command add_money dacia, 800

end_monitor

;Koinon Hellenon

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType greek_cities
    and Treasury > 80000
    console_command add_money greek_cities, -30000

end_monitor

monitor_event SettlementTurnStart FactionType greek_cities
    and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements greek_cities < 6

console_command add_money greek_cities, 1200

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements greek_cities < 12
    and I_NumberOfSettlements greek_cities > 5

console_command add_money greek_cities, 1000

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements greek_cities < 20
    and I_NumberOfSettlements greek_cities > 11

console_command add_money greek_cities, 800

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements greek_cities < 30
    and I_NumberOfSettlements greek_cities > 19

console_command add_money greek_cities, 500

end_monitor

;Baktria

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType romans_brutii
    and Treasury > 80000
    console_command add_money romans_brutii, -30000

end_monitor

monitor_event SettlementTurnStart FactionType romans_brutii
    and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements romans_brutii < 4

console_command add_money romans_brutii, 1200

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements romans_brutii < 9
    and I_NumberOfSettlements romans_brutii > 3

console_command add_money romans_brutii, 1000

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements romans_brutii < 16
    and I_NumberOfSettlements romans_brutii > 8

console_command add_money romans_brutii, 800

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements romans_brutii < 25
    and I_NumberOfSettlements romans_brutii > 15

console_command add_money romans_brutii, 500

end_monitor

;Sarmatians

monitor_event SettlementTurnStart FactionType armenia
    and not FactionIsLocal
    and Treasury < -3000

console_command add_money armenia, 5000

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements armenia < 6

console_command add_money armenia, 1800

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements armenia < 12
    and I_NumberOfSettlements armenia > 5

console_command add_money armenia, 1400
    end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements armenia < 20
    and I_NumberOfSettlements armenia > 11

console_command add_money armenia, 1200

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements armenia < 30
    and I_NumberOfSettlements armenia > 19

console_command add_money armenia, 1000

end_monitor

;Lusotanians

monitor_event SettlementTurnStart FactionType spain
    and not FactionIsLocal
    and Treasury < -3000

console_command add_money spain, 5000

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements spain < 4

console_command add_money spain, 1200

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements spain < 9
    and I_NumberOfSettlements spain > 3

console_command add_money spain, 1000

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements spain < 16
    and I_NumberOfSettlements spain > 8

console_command add_money spain, 800

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements spain < 25
    and I_NumberOfSettlements spain > 15

console_command add_money spain, 500

end_monitor

;Epirus

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType thrace
    and Treasury > 80000
    console_command add_money thrace, -30000

end_monitor

monitor_event SettlementTurnStart FactionType thrace
    and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements thrace < 6

console_command add_money thrace, 1200

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements thrace < 12
    and I_NumberOfSettlements thrace > 5

console_command add_money thrace, 1000

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements thrace < 20
    and I_NumberOfSettlements thrace > 11

console_command add_money thrace, 800

end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements thrace < 30
    and I_NumberOfSettlements thrace > 19

console_command add_money thrace, 500

end_monitor
    Last edited by The Errant; 04-23-2007 at 19:07.

Further testing revealed that 2900 I think is the best sum for balance between strong enough and too strong Eleutheroi the problem is that the slave faction favors full-stacking cities in Central Europe first i see stopping the Sweboz and Gallic expansion.
    And i changed these values
    Code:
    and not FactionIsLocal
    and Treasury < 3000
    and I_NumberOfSettlements romans_julii < 5 (from 4)
    and I_TurnNumber < 40  (from 20)

end_monitor
    the move from <4 to <5 is made to include the Sauromatae who are usually so weak that they fold when Parthia (those Grivpanhar also help) even tries to look at them.and 10 years iof "grace" period is better.
    Maybe implementing this help when the treasury goes below 0 will help but for a limited period and the "rough start" bonus already does because later when you could be fighting them this extra bonus for going into debt will just help them spawn more armies and we are trying to combat this also...
    Pictures coming later, today or tomorrow.
    Last edited by Redmeth; 04-23-2007 at 11:46.

Do you have a new file with these changes?

Dan_Grr, I already posted about 3 scripts and soon I'll release my "final" script because I'm really using a lot of time on this, so I'll post it tonight I think and then leave it be for a week or more so people can test it and post pics and impressions and after seeing how people who tested it do and say I might change it more.
    And I'm also against differentiating between steppe, barbarian and civilized factions, because historically not all factions had the same potential and a "perfect balance" is not the objective but rather making sure they do something and are at least a challenge and the big factions do not get out of hand making the game too boring. The dev team said that the Sweboz and the Getai, or Sauromatae are not supposed to be big "players" on the scene for the first 20-30 years.
    EDIT: reached 260 and it's going well the Eleutheroi have strongly garrisoned some but not all the provinces, the Sauromatae have made some moves the Sweboz and the Getai seem promising the next step would be after 252 when the stepped bonuses will kick in but I have a good feeling about this setup. The first 20 years of each game are generally for building and developing an economy. I will say again that it's normal for some to be poorer than others that was the reality, it would not be normal for all factions to be equally challenging, equally rich and for all to hold relatively the same number of provinces. What they must NOT do is either stand doing nothing for more than 2 max 3 decades or become huge beasts that churn out without ever stopping to catch a breath great numbers of troops just to throw at you.
    Here is the latest version and hopefully I won't update every day, please try it and tell me how good it is . Just joking you can say whatever as long as you use it and thus help me test it.
    LINK HERE:http://www.axifile.com/?4934956
    Last edited by Redmeth; 04-23-2007 at 14:31.

Further testing revealed that 2900 I think is the best sum for balance between strong enough and too strong Eleutheroi the problem is that the slave faction favors full-stacking cities in Central Europe first i see stopping the Sweboz and Gallic expansion.
    And i changed these values
    Code:
    and not FactionIsLocal
    and Treasury < 3000
    and I_NumberOfSettlements romans_julii < 5 (from 4)
    and I_TurnNumber < 40  (from 20)

end_monitor
    the move from <4 to <5 is made to include the Sauromatae who are usually so weak that they fold when Parthia even tries to look at them.and 10 years iof "grace" period is better.
    Maybe implementing this help when the treasury goes below 0 will help but for a limited period and the "rough start" bonus already does because later when you could be fighting them this extra bonus for going into debt will just help them spawn more armies and we are trying to combat this also...
    Pictures coming later, today or tomorrow.
    Basically it's just another approach on the infrastructure bonus. It's supposed to help those faction that tend to get steamrolled by their larger and more powerful neighbors. The Carthies, Ptolies, Romans, AS and others can after some basic improvements to their infrastructure turn some hefty profits. With port development and mining centers, fielding large elite stacks isn't much of a problem.

The Steppe factions on the other hand have the hardest economy in the game. Even fully developed their infrastructure sucks! To get decent infrastructure they have to conquer develped settlements. Their better troops aren't cheap either.
    The Barbarian factions lack advanced roads, high level markets, mining centers and highly advanced ports. This piece of script is supposed to help them overcome that.
    If it dosen't work, I'll just add a time conditional to the script. It's not like this script is the "final" version. It will get revised and re-revised lots of times before it's finished I think.

Btw. I'll up the Eleutheroi settlement bonus to 2900 as you suggested to see if it has any impact on their development. Eminos64 was exploring reagional conditionals a while back. If it checks out we might be able to limit the fully stacked Eleutheroi cities with über generals hampering faction progression.

I did notice people were saying that 230 is the usual time that most factions explode due to the Rebel generals dieing a peaceful death opening the route for factions to takeover those settlements. Since we are talking about the script anyway...would there be a way for use to spawn generals in those rebel settlements? I know some people would be against it but for those of us that want to play for a long time this maybe an optional add on that could keep superpowers from forming to early. I don't even know if it is possible but for those of us that want to play historically it would be a great boon to give us a longer game before it gets totally ahistoric. I'm just throwing it out there as something else we maybe can look into to force the hand of the AI to play histoically.
    Last edited by Wolfshart; 04-23-2007 at 16:03.
    Slainte!!

I've made a clean RTW, BI and EB installation. I've installed the Watchman's mod and MAA's city mod. Now Im going to try yours out, I assume there isn't going to be any conflict because neither Watchman and MAA messes with the EBBS_SCRIPT.txt... I think.

The Errant, I just copied your, script from post 111 and want to ask something: monitor_event SettlementTurnStart FactionType pontus
    and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements parthia < 13
    and I_NumberOfSettlements parthia > 6

console_command add_money parthia, 1500
    end_monitor

Is it suposed to by like this or is it an error? the same for Armenia, Spaine and every one who has when in red, (stated pontus), roman_brutii (have spain where parthia is abow), egypt (has numidia at that place). The factions are the internal ones.
    Last edited by Ower; 04-23-2007 at 18:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Ower
    The Errant, I just copied your, script from post 111 and want to ask something: monitor_event SettlementTurnStart FactionType pontus
    and not FactionIsLocal
    and I_NumberOfSettlements parthia < 13
    and I_NumberOfSettlements parthia > 6

console_command add_money parthia, 1500
    end_monitor

Is it suposed to by like this or is it an error? the same for Armenia, Spaine and every one who has when in red, (stated pontus), roman_brutii (have spain where parthia is abow), egypt (has numidia at that place). The factions are the internal ones.
    Oops! Major fuckup on my part. Fixed the typing errors in the code and it should be working now. Atleast the latest code a couple posts up. Looks like I'm going to have to start all ower again with Casse to test it though. Damn!

No problem, something like that can hapen ju just copie it and forgot to chang somewehre, just a mather of thinkong and reading of what you change, not just copiing, from others. And besides i made some modifications as well, just wanted to know if its a error or what, i changet it in a copie file, and left your so, till I would get an ansewr

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast