Thread: Edit "export_descr_unit" not working.

Unhappy Edit "export_descr_unit" not working.

I've played this game alot over the past few months and over several installations.
    In the past after unpacking all the special descr files they would take effect in the game.
    Specifically, I would set "shield_wall" as the special formation for many units instead of schiltrom. And it worked fine in the past.
    However, I did the same thing today and the changes I make to the "export_descr_unit" file do not take effect in the game, and also (I think) the changes to the descr_mercs file.
    I have the M2TW update installed "1.1" and as far as I know thats the only one out there. But even if there is another I dont think that is the problem.
    If anyone has any ideas as to what I might have done wrong and how I can get "descr_unit" file changes to work in game, please advise.
    Thanks for your time.

Harbinger of... saliva Member alpaca's Avatar

Default Re: Edit "export_descr_unit" not working.

Are you starting the game with --io.file_first ?

Wink Re: Edit "export_descr_unit" not working.

Silly me... thanks, dude. Works like a charm.

I can't even find the export_descr_unit. RTW it stared you write in the face. MII.. it is quite the elusive.
    Eras Total Conquest, your Eras TW for Kingdoms.

Harbinger of... saliva Member alpaca's Avatar

So what are you trying to say, I have to unpack it first? So it must then be in one of the cab data bases. *sigh* I guess it would still be an untouchable to me, I'd rather not play around with that.

I do have experience using an unpacker though. KoH (Knights of Honor) I would use the pak.man for it.

I'll read your whole thread the next time I have time.
    Eras Total Conquest, your Eras TW for Kingdoms.