Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: E.B. multiplayer (official)

Default Re: E.B. multiplayer (offical)

I second the use of BattleLAN, if thats what you're referring to. Its just a simple box to enter IPs into, and as long as everyone enters in the others' IPs we should be LANed within RTW.

I have to mention that I won't be avaible.Lightning struck our house,and internet messed up.Its partly fixed,but its not working on my computer.So no MP for me.Also,I also agree to that BattleLAN thing.Hamachi just seems like a bit to much work.

Default Re: Sv: E.B. multiplayer (offical)

Quote Originally Posted by disiz
    I would like to suggest a better method than using hamachi. Much more simple to use battlenet. Once people get in touch with each other they just add each others ip-adresses to the battlenetlist and play. And you dont even have to disconnect your internet.
    Contact me on juvenilz@hotmail.com or simply reply here
    could you please post some more info here for all the folks to see about the method mentioned.

http://home.comcast.net/~sonicsmart/battlelan.html

for those who havent heard of google...

google.com, you should try it ;P

PS: x-fire: elthore
    Last edited by Elthore; 07-19-2007 at 19:33.

My x-fire helenos

Default AW: E.B. multiplayer (offical)

guildname Ritterlichvon86
    xfirename ritterlichvon86

sometimes online around 6 to 9pm

Default Re : E.B. multiplayer (offical)

Hello all ! :)
    Defeat the CPU is boring so my brother Ackero and I want to play against human generals.

Add "ackero" and "haldam" to your friends ;)

Newtownards, Co.Down, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom

hey id like to meet some ppl playin online

add kozak101 plz usually online in afternoon and evening 4pm-varying
    Last edited by KozaK13; 08-27-2007 at 22:38.

"Where some states have an army, the Prussian Army has a state!"
    - Voltaire

"There is no mistake; there has been no mistake; and there shall be no mistake."
    - 1st Duke of Wellington, Arthur Wellesley

No place like home.

Gisgo Governer of Ippone Member madmatg's Avatar

hey yall im gonna start playin online too,
    my name will be the same as here madmatg, cant wait to play!
    i will usually be around somewhere between 7pm-2am CST
    Last edited by madmatg; 08-31-2007 at 22:29.

Phil 2:9-11 Phil 4:4

one suggestion, as for the network name on hamachi i will be opening another network called EBmultiplayer1, and EBmultiplayer2. so that we will have a few more spots

Xfire=beanjitsu

veteren RTRMP player, looking to play EB!
    also the battlenet idea sounds great, i might look into it and download it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beanjitsu
    Xfire=beanjitsu

BEANJISTU!!!!!!!!!!!!So good to see you again!!!

I got a new comp and I downloaded plat 1.9 and EB .81 so get on x-fire man!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beanjitsu
    Xfire=beanjitsu

bean himself back from the oblivion
    good to see you buddy. unfortunately my copy of EB is so heavily edited (fixed some minor flaws etc) that i wont get a similar data with any one. should have kept a separate copy for MP though i still can if folks are still active in here.

im still active if your up for a game, or if anyone is up for a game i'll be available to play fairly often, i am on CST (i think -6 GMT) but i can really be around anytime on tues or thursday's except 12-2, and MWF after 6pm til about 2am. so if anyone wants a go send me a pm or better yet friend me on xfire and write me a message saying when you wanna play, im dying to learn how to play against real people lol.

HOLLY S**********!

I am hooked, I am hooked!!!!!!!!!!!!

I gotta fight somebody at least once a day now.

I have lost interest in SP (due in part to a CTD ruinning my AS campain, and I don't feel like continuing my KH, or Romani campain any time soon).

Do you still play with hamachi? It didnt work on my comp.

So if not.. anyone wanna play a MP-battle tonight?

EDIT: Beanjitsu! And Conan! Are you guys stil alive? :P Long time since! Remember me? ;P Sarkiss, Conan, Bean... soon all the RTR-vets will be here. :)
    Last edited by Lovejoy; 09-20-2007 at 19:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovejoy
    Do you still play with hamachi? It didnt work on my comp.

So if not.. anyone wanna play a MP-battle tonight?

EDIT: Beanjitsu! And Conan! Are you guys stil alive? :P Long time since! Remember me? ;P Sarkiss, Conan, Bean... soon all the RTR-vets will be here. :)
    hi there, buddy.
    i recently played quite a few EB MP games on GS and it was surprisingly stable.

Well my PC doesn't like Game Spy, I just can't connect to a hosted game nor can people connect to my hosted games.

So I gotta roll with Hamachi, which is OK.

I am usually up at 12:00am EST. (so is madmatg and Gaius)

This looks fun. I'm getting tired of the bland old vanilla RTW multi-player.

x-fire: totalwarfanatic
    Question: Why do we need xfire?

I'm usually on sometime between 3 and 7 EST, which is between 7 and 11 GMT atm. I'd love to play right now...
    It would be a violation of my code as a gentleman to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person.-Veeblefester
    Ego is the anesthetic for the pain of stupidity.-me
    It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.-Sir Winston Churchill
    ΔΟΣ ΜΟΙ ΠΑ ΣΤΩ ΚΑΙ ΤΑΝ ΓΑΝ ΚΙΝΑΣΩ--Give me a place to stand and I will move the earth.-Archimedes on his work with levers
    Click here for my Phalanx/Aquilifer mod

I was surprised by the inactivity. EB MP is like having a supermodel girlfriend who likes sports and hates shopping. You'd think people would drool over such a wonderful combination.

Free balloons to those who join me.
    It would be a violation of my code as a gentleman to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person.-Veeblefester
    It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.-Sir Winston Churchill
    ΔΟΣ ΜΟΙ ΠΑ ΣΤΩ ΚΑΙ ΤΑΝ ΓΑΝ ΚΙΝΑΣΩ--Give me a place to stand and I will move the earth.-Archimedes on his work with levers

Quote Originally Posted by TWFanatic
    I was surprised by the inactivity. EB MP is like having a supermodel girlfriend who likes sports and hates shopping. You'd think people would drool over such a wonderful combination.

Free balloons to those who join me.
    madmatg told me u are up between 7pm-10pm EST, I'll see if I can swing by around that time sometime this week.

sorry man and I feel ur pain

Yeah last time I ended up leaving as I went out. Next time you shall not escape me! You shall choke on the blood of your soldiers... :p

Cheers...

Quote Originally Posted by mAIOR
    Yeah last time I ended up leaving as I went out. Next time you shall not escape me! You shall choke on the blood of your soldiers... :p

Cheers...

p.s I have exams this week so I might not be on as ofter as I usually am

I was talking to TWFanatic... you just posted immediatly before me :)
    But, you'll choke too... Everyone will die MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

Lol, I can't wait. Glad to see the enthusiasm.

People's Padishah Emperor Member Emperor Burakuku's Avatar

The Hamachi network's allways full. Just made a new network called "BurakukuTW" and the pass is "EB" if anyone's interested. I think it would be a good ideea to make a second official network like "EBmultiplayerII" since this one's full all the time if there's a possibility for that. Or maybe is just my connection?
    Last edited by Emperor Burakuku; 10-04-2007 at 20:23.
    "The more people I meet, the more I like my dog"

Quote Originally Posted by Burakuku
    The Hamachi network's allways full. Just made a new network called "BurakukuTW" and the pass is "EB" if anyone's interested. I think it would be a good ideea to make a second official network like "EBmultiplayerII" since this one's full all the time if there's a possibility for that. Or maybe is just my connection?
    no need man no need

Go to EBmultiplayer2 password EB

ok so NeoSpartan, TWFanatic and i have been playin a good deal lately
    and have come up with some "fixes" for multiplayer

A. we are messing with sling stats to bring them down some as they seem a bit unbalanced for MP as everyone normally wants as many as possible because of their strength against armor

so for now we have taken 1 attack point from each slinger(we weakened accensi by subtracting 1 from each of their mount effects, as they are aready at 1 attack)

B. The soldurus have had their spears taken away, becasue of the dreaded switch to secondary weapon bug(which makes them little used in MP), so they have been switched solely to swords, they still get the cav bonus like they have a spear so the animation looks off but the effect should stay the same.
    On the topic of spears we also took out all the short spear attributes, as they were causing spearmen to suck in close combat

C. The galatian wild men have had their cost moved to the same price as the gaestaste(sp) of europe.

hope these rules dont keep too many people out. if you play MP somewhat often you can definitely have a say in how this works so dont be afraid if you dont like something we will be changing alot, probly until EB 1.0 comes out.

heres the link to the file: this file goes into Rome - Total War/EB/Data

You must have a fresh version of EB to do this with or it will not be compatible.
    Last edited by madmatg; 10-05-2007 at 10:46.

People's Padishah Emperor Member Emperor Burakuku's Avatar

Mine still doesn't work. I use all the steps and when I reconnect everyone in the lan chat room seems to see what I say but I don't see anything they say. It's kinda strange and frustrating. Can't figure it out. Reinstalled Hamachi, changed firewall settings in any way possible, changed my nick (which seemed stupid). I still think that it's a firewall problem but the 1st time it worked. Also it could be some Network Places option... I am very confused and frustrated. I will reinstal the game, then hamachi version 1.5 and try again. If still doesn't work... I will try 'till it will. "If I don't find a wat I will make one".
    "The more people I meet, the more I like my dog"

Quote Originally Posted by madmatg
    ok so NeoSpartan, TWFanatic and i have been playin a good deal lately
    and have come up with some "fixes" for multiplayer

A. we are messing with sling stats to bring them down some as they seem a bit unbalanced for MP as everyone normally wants as many as possible because of their strength against armor

so for now we have taken 1 attack point from each slinger(we weakened accensi by subtracting 1 from each of their mount effects, as they are aready at 1 attack)

B. The soldurus have had their spears taken away, becasue of the dreaded switch to secondary weapon bug(which makes them little used in MP), so they have been switched solely to swords, they still get the cav bonus like they have a spear so the animation looks off but the effect should stay the same.
    On the topic of spears we also took out all the short spear attributes, as they were causing spearmen to suck in close combat

C. The galatian wild men have had their cost moved to the same price as the gaestaste(sp) of europe.

hope these rules dont keep too many people out. if you play MP somewhat often you can definitely have a say in how this works so dont be afraid if you dont like something we will be changing alot, probly until EB 1.0 comes out.

heres the link to the file: this file goes into Rome - Total War/EB/Data

You must have a fresh version of EB to do this with or it will not be compatible.
    Madtag, if you're interested, me and Pharnakes have made some extensive changes to the EDU. If you want them I can send them together with the change logs.

Cheers...

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast