Thread: Aedui recruitment help

Default Aedui recruitment help

I need help on my Aedui campaign. I desperately need heavier units to help me defeat the Romani but can't find many. I have a lvl 4 MIC in Averntorg. I thought I would be able to make Solduros and Brihiten with a lvl 5, but the building description says that I can't. I'm using the 0.81 build, and the unit recruitment guide doesn't seem to be helping. I haven't hit the Polybian reforms either. I need to know where and with what type and level of MIC I can recruit the following units: Carnute Cingetos, Brihiten, Solduros, and Mori Gaesum. Thanks for the help in advance.
    Give me a place to stand, and I shall move the world - Archimedes

Default Re: Aedui recruitment help

The heaviest Gallic infantry before the 1st Reforms are the Gaestae. And the 1st Gallic Reforms don't hit until 220 BC.

Mori Gaesum you can get at MIC III or IV (don't remember right now), in only ONE settlement. The one that is right after the Alps, on the left side (your leftside when you look at the PC screen).

BTW, Botoroans, slingers, Gaestae (sp) and a General or 2, its good enough an army to beat the Romans before 220BC. Even in H battle difficulty.

An Imperfect Follower of Light Member Wolfman's Avatar

Neospartan is correct. In my experience the units he mentioned above provided me with an excellent army until the reforms. Oh the name of the settlement were you create Mori Gaesum is Aventicos North of Mediolanum and east of Viennos
    Tales of Gods and Kings - An Arverni AAR-DEAD
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...82#post1930882
    A People of the Mist - Casse AAR-ALIVE!!!!
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...Mist-Casse-AAR

For Carnute Cingetos you need a level 4 or higher MIC in Cenabum after the first celtic reforms.

Brihiten and Solduros you need the 2rd reforms and a level 5 barrack, and you can get them in all of gaul and some other select celtic towns outside of it.
    I shouldn't have to live in a world where all the good points are horrible ones.

Is he hurt? Everybody asks that. Nobody ever says, 'What a mess! I hope the doctor is not emotionally harmed by having to deal with it.'

Thanks for the help. I own the settlement that Mori Gaesum come from. I can't believe I have to wait until the second reform to get Solduros and Brihiten. My campaign against the Romani has been going well so far. Does anyone know if those Belgae Minaht are good?
    Give me a place to stand, and I shall move the world - Archimedes

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander777
    Thanks for the help. I own the settlement that Mori Gaesum come from. I can't believe I have to wait until the second reform to get Solduros and Brihiten. My campaign against the Romani has been going well so far. Does anyone know if those Belgae Minaht are good?
    The milnaht aren't half bad. I kind of like them. In my Casse campaign, once I got them they were usually the first in. The shieldwall gives a tasty treat as well. Three units of those smashed a nearly-full-stack Sweboz army on a bridge (which isn't hard to do, but it was still just three units).

They are a little tougher than Botoroans (sp, the ones fully dressed). So yeah, use them.

Default Re: Could someone explain to me how I can get Mori Gaesum, please?

So ok, I am playing for Auedi I own that province Helvetis a city called Aventicos and I did build there govermantal type nm.4 Noble' Kin Aeudui Allied Tribe and I have following army recruiting buildings: Gallunaue (Foreign Call Up) and Avlemos (Warband Dole). And I still cant recruit Mori Gaesum.

So what kind of buildings or what king of govermantal system do I need in order to recruit these guys? I seriously need them because otherwise those damn Romans will kick my ass!

BTW: Aeudi are very cool faction. I have previously played for Bactria (a wonderfull campaign) I made it to year 205 BC. And I wanted some change so I choosed this gauls and they are also great.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Aedui recruitment help

For information on the EB recruitment & government system, read this thread. For information on the recruitment of specific Celtic units, view this thread.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Default Re: Could someone explain to me how I can get Mori Gaesum, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Bactron
    So ok, I am playing for Auedi I own that province Helvetis a city called Aventicos and I did build there govermantal type nm.4 Noble' Kin Aeudui Allied Tribe and I have following army recruiting buildings: Gallunaue (Foreign Call Up) and Avlemos (Warband Dole). And I still cant recruit Mori Gaesum.

So what kind of buildings or what king of govermantal system do I need in order to recruit these guys? I seriously need them because otherwise those damn Romans will kick my ass!

BTW: Aeudi are very cool faction. I have previously played for Bactria (a wonderfull campaign) I made it to year 205 BC. And I wanted some change so I choosed this gauls and they are also great.
    They come from the local barracks (Avlemos), you need to get it to IIRC to the same level needed for Leuce Epos, so it will take some time and money, but it is worth it (though in mine Aedui game, by the time I could train them Rome was no longer an issue, but they have seen action i Britain and will be used when I conquer Iberia to claim victory, where the Carthaginians in a very quick offensive have practically destroyed Lusotannan in a handful of turns, and the Lusotannan had actually expanded some, I was so looking forward to fight them, well can't have everything).
    We have this almost mythical tree, given to us by the otherwise hostile people in the east to symbolize our friendship and give us permission to send caravans through their lands. It could be said to symbolize the wealth and power of our great nation. Cut it down and make me a throne.

Thanks for replies guys. Yesterday I have managed to make an alliance with the Avreni's so now I can fully concentrate on Romans.

As all ways, the Celts prevail! Hurrah!

.......sorry, I can't control my celtic patriotism.....
    "Δῶς μοι πᾶ στῶ καὶ τὰν γᾶν κινάσω"~~Archimedes

Hello I have a follow up question regarding recruitment of units.
    Still playing as a Aedui I own province Bellovacaea Belgae wiht the city Bratosporios and I am not able to recruit some of those neat belgae units - I am able to recruit only Batacorii (belgae spearmen) but I cant recruit Remi Mairepos (heavy cavalery), Taramannos (light cavalary) and Milnaht (longswordsmen).
    Just to find out what kind of building will I need for these units in future I have used cheat to built the highest level of military builidngs in one turn and I still was not able to recruit these units. Do I have to wait on some kind of reform or something like that?

Because according to that useful map of recruitment for gauls posted by Ludens couple of posts above It should be possible to recruit all those Belgae units in Bratosporios.
    Last edited by Bactron; 06-08-2007 at 10:17.

Ming the Merciless is my idol Senior Member Watchman's Avatar

I'm guessing reforms.
    "Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. --- Proof of the existence of the FSM, if needed, can be found in the recent uptick of global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters. Apparently His Pastaness is to be worshipped in full pirate regalia. The decline in worldwide pirate population over the past 200 years directly corresponds with the increase in global temperature. Here is a graph to illustrate the point."

-Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bactron
    Do I have to wait on some kind of reform or something like that?
    Yes, you'll have to wait until the first Celtic reform which occurs at 220 B.C.

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Taramannos and milnaht are avaible after first reform, the Remi after the second if I'm not mistaken.

Sorry for bothering you guys, again. But I have another question in my Aedui campaign the year is 195 BC and Romans can recruit Neitos (those awsome Gallic professional swordsman) and I just cant recruit them even with the highest possible built of millitary buildings. I understand that I have to wait on reforms in 120 Bc to recruit them regulary but my question is that if I manage to conquere province where the romans recruit them (Patavium), will I be able to recruit them also? (of course under the condition that I will not destroy that practicular building (foreign arms ..something) and even maybe their govermantal structure?)

Blog Entries

Short answer: no. Romans recruit the Neitos through their regional-MIC building and regional MICs are culture-specific. Since the Celts and the Romans do not share a culture, you cannot use Roman regional MICs. The only use they have for you is that tearing them down nets you some cash. BTW, it isn't realistic that you can use other factions government buildings, so you should always tear them down. Unfortunately, it's not possible for the script to do this, so it damages them to 99% to give you the hint.