Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Traits, ancillaries and titles - Gathering some ideas

Default Re: Traits, ancillaries and titles - Gathering some ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Jargon
    Thank you for the list, there are some interesting traits in there.

Anyone know what Boldness, Combat_V_Religion_, Combat_V_Faction_, FootInTheDoor, Management, Generosity, Boldness, Disposition, Violence, Purity and Eligibility do?

Well, we know that Violence, purity, and Eligibility applied for papal canidates/priests that in some way affected papal stats and such. I would imagine Boldness has something to do with AI intelligence in battle, or it could attribute traits that give "+ when attacking" etc. Management was in RTW, probably the same in M2TW. Generosity was -tax income, if I remember correctly. That leaves combat faction/religon. Those are probably for +'s vs. a specific faction.

Cool, if combat faction/religon is a bonus vs. a specific faction, then it will open up for some very Warhammer esque traits like Man Slayer (bonus vs Empire), or renamed 'Uhman Slayah for Orcs, Mortal Slayer for Chaos, Overdweller Slayer for Skaven etc. I think that would be a very cool type of random trait that any general can pick up, and makes sense for the game world.

The ultimate would be to tie the gaining of that trait with the number of successful battles the character has had against that particular faction, but this is more than likely a step too far and impossible. Recieving it randomly should suffice.

Wait a tick. If you slaughter a large number of prisoners at the end of a battle, you have the chance of getting a bloodthirsty trait that increases you dread, right?

Can this be subverted to identify which type of faction you were fighting? So you slaughter a large number of Skaven at the end of battle, and have a chance of getting Rat Slayer trait?

is not a senior Member Meneldil's Avatar

Default Re : Traits, ancillaries and titles - Gathering some ideas

The bonus vs faction is given after victorious battles against this faction in vanilla M2TW, don't see why it would not be possible in WTW ;)

As an addendum, I'm currently making some traits for WTW (with Bwian's blessing), and I could use some help, especially with the descriptions. My english is decent, but I don't feel like writting cool descriptions for each new trait, not that I don't want to, but rather cause I can't.
    I need someone who master english, who could write nice descriptions based on a few infos. PM me if you're interested ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Jargon
    Thank you for the list, there are some interesting traits in there.

Anyone know what Boldness, Combat_V_Religion_, Combat_V_Faction_, FootInTheDoor, Management, Generosity, Boldness, Disposition, Violence, Purity and Eligibility do?

If Combat_V_Faction_ does what I imagine it sounds like, then it could be very useful. It could be used for factions that naturally hate each other, like Dwarves and Goblins, High Elves and Dark Elves, Chaos and Empire. Or any general in the game could get the trait Dwarfslayer, Orcslayer, Elfslayer etc. which gives them bonuses against those factions. They could be general traits that any faction general could pick up (excluding bonuses against their own faction, naturally).
    ive had generals in mtw2 have +1 up to +3(i think) command for fighting against muslims.
    in rtw i had like a roman general get like +1 command when fighting against carthage. i dont know if ive seen something like that in mtw2, i dont remember. im guessing boldness are the traits that affect troop moral(like +1 moral -1, etc.).

The Deus Lo Vult mod has swords for Generals, one of which is shown here:

https://img150.imageshack.us/my.php?...e50e879sq6.jpg

The description says that Tizona gives a +2 bonus to attack. Does anyone know what this means? I looked through the list of editable traits Casuir posted and cant see anything that changes a units attack rating, most combat stats seem to be for command.

Its command when attacking, and its not in the list I pulled, does it work correctly ingame?

Well, there's the Attack bonus, which is translated as +command when attacking.

I'm pretty sure it works in game, as it worked perfectly in RTW.

Awesome Cold One Knight Member Goncalou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grailknight
    ive had generals in mtw2 have +1 up to +3(i think) command for fighting against muslims.
    in rtw i had like a roman general get like +1 command when fighting against carthage. i dont know if ive seen something like that in mtw2, i dont remember. im guessing boldness are the traits that affect troop moral(like +1 moral -1, etc.).
    yeah that in mtw2 when i play as moors instead of spain my guys always get stuff like hat/ fear spanish, english, portugese, and french.
    It's a fool's race to be run, if all is lost if it be won.

Read other posts and threads before starting new ones, this is already been discussed in the Warhammer Campaign.

Post here your ideas and I'll modify the existing list of each faction's traits, titles, retinues and relics:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...t=95099&page=7
    Revan Shan / Mayorcete / Teuton Arrasador

Miguelito Productions' views:
    The best vids in YOUTUBE!
    Miguelito Productions supports:
    SWGEmu / Warhammer Total War / MERP (Middle-Earth Role Playing for oblivion (The Elder Scrolls IV) / Shattered Lineage, for Oblivion

I suggest you get a clue and notice this very topic has been opened for months, and I therefore gently advise you to "read other posts and threads before starting new ones".

No fighting please. Revan is correct yet there is no need to get annoyed or another synonym of it, and Revan also look around.

i was wondering wether it was possible to give titles without having to move the generals themselves around.....

messenger-my lord, your father the elector count of middenheim has been killed fighting orcs in black fire pass!

new elector- right in that case i will leave my army in the middle of this campaign against the vampire menace to return to the city to claim my title!!

it just doesn't ring true- the title passes on to an heir regardless of there location. Of course you could have two titles one 'elector of middenheim' and then 'crowned elector...' and the city that gives the title is more likely to rebel until the holder returns to the city. It was intensly annoying in Deus lo Vult to have to return the general to the city to get a title when he was on the other side of the map.

just a thought

This is doable, but it's a lot of scripting for a somewhat pointless (don't get me wrong, it's a nice thing) feature, when you always could move the successor into the town and get elected a few turns later, when done fighting vampires. It should be possible to use another system than the one used in Blood, Broads and Bastards, I only wonder if someone is willing to do the coding... a lot of typing involved :)

is it not possible to bring back the medieval 1 style drop and drag titles?

That is doable and done already. (ancillaries can be movable, character traits can't)

I have the high elf book, so here's my suggestions for them

Champion of the Everqueen. This trait is possessed by Tyrion at the start of the game, of course. It would provide large command and morale boosts.

Phoenix king: Large morale and Law increases, obviously, Finnubar starts with this.

Shadow King: If you include Alith Anar, he should start with this, it could be the third trait on a progression: Shadow Warrior-> Shadow Master->Shadow King. They would give increasing bonuses to sight radius and ambushing. would be a regional trait for naggarythe.

Political apointment: this would be a negative trait, common among nameless High elf generals. it would give negatives to command and morale.

Doomed People: Decreased chance of having children. In the fluff, this is a problem for high elves.

Wary of treachery: increased personal security this would be common in high elf society, dark elves are famous for assassins.

Memory of glory: this alludes to the declining greatness of the high elf empire. It would add to chivalry

secret pleasures: this is an allusion to the cult of slaanesh, which has adherants in Asur nobility, it would add to squalor and subtract from law. Maybe add to dread

lover of beauty: this would give negs to command, maybe bonuses to happiness

high elf admirals should get easy advancement: maybe a something like "veteran of druchi wars" to represent their mastery of sea combat. Dark elf admirals should also get something similar. The result should be an advantage against brettonian, chaos, and khemri fleets from the old world.

Well traveled: increased trade, maybe have advancing ranks, open minded-> well traveled-> cosmopolitan. if so, Finnubar would have the max rank

Armor and other magic items are a a no-brainer for ancillaries.

armor of protection: +3 hp

shadow armor: +1 command when ambushing

armor of caledor: +2 hp

dragonscale shield: +1 hp

gold crown of atrazar: +1 hp

battle banner: +1 command

lion standard: +1 moral

skiensilver: +5% to movement speed.

Dunno how common you want magic items to be, but they should be a bit more common than average on high elves to represent their "magicalness" this references the cheaper cost to high elves in the army book.

living acillaries:

great eagle: massive bonus to sight radius.

loremaster: bonus to trade, health, and command

apprentice mage: bonus to farming. This alludes to the idea that alot of high elf agriculture is done with the aid of magic, and young mages train by helping farmers.

Political advisor: this would add to influence

well... i have the warhammer quest book here so here they come:

Boots of Quargskin
    These boots are made of a strange, soft leather covered with multicoloured swirls and stripes

effect: better movement

Cloak of stealth
    this cloak is made of an odd material that is slippery to the touch

effect: +1 to agent skill

Book of Knowledge
    this book has a cracked and aged leather cover, wiht a rusted metal spine and lock. Upon opening, the pages rustle with a life of their own

effect: Management +1 dont know a nice bonus so i choose management :)

Moonstone
    This crystal-like stone is mounted in a black iron brooch and radiates a pale light like that of the many stars in the sky

effect: +1 to night fight

Wand of Diabolum
    This wand is pure white, shot through with streaks of diabolum, a bright red substance capable of harnessing magical energy

effect: +1 Authority (for every race except chaos) +1 command when fighting against chaos

Stupidity
    Not the most intellegent person on this world

effect: -1 law -1 infleunce

thats it for now. if anyone has a suggestion please say

It has occurred to me that chivalry/dread has been mentioned, as well as management, influence, and command. I think these sho-uld be the stats that are represented on character portraits in the mod. The other possibilities are piety and loyalty, but I don't think they should play much role in Warhammer. Only chaos is known for serious "evangelism." No other faction tries to convert individuals to their belief system. Likewise, for loyalty, It seems distinctly unlikely that defection would be an issue on the vast majority of fronts. Only humans to chaos has any basis in fluff, and civil strife is very rare in the warhammer world compared to the real one. So I would scrap the loyalty stat.

Now for some Dwarf suggestion
    traits:

Businessman- bonus to trade

Great Miner- bonus to mining

alcohol line-social drinker/gets merry/lover of spirits-+1moral/+1moral and command/+2 moral and command. This alludes to dwarves famed drinking prowess, they only get bonuses.

Treasure hunter-+to movement speed

siegemaster-+command when attacking forts

Iron resolve- +command when defending forts

slayer's oath-negs to moral bonus to command, the lord of Karak Kadrin should start with this

ancilliaries

runic banner-+1 command

runic armor-+2 hp

gyrocopter pilot- LOS bonus

trollslayer-+1 command when attacking

priestess of vallaya- increased casualty recovery rate.

Awesome Cold One Knight Member Goncalou's Avatar

I have some good ideas for the DE retinue things, in the following list, from armies book:

Blade of ruin = more attack/ no armour save
    This magical sword can cleave through armour as if it were air.
    Hydra Blade = More attack
    The Hydra-Blade strikes repeatedly like its multi headed name sake
    Crimson Death = more attack (gives more strength in tabletop)
    This huge halberd was carried into battle by Dark Lord Khalak of Ghrond
    Executioners Axe = much more attack
    The Executioner's Axe is a hugge black bladed weapon bound with spells of dismemberent. A single blow can cut an opponent in half.
    Venom sword = instant kill(if possible)/ higher attack
    The Venom Sword is forged from the poison of a thousand malicous serpents. When it strikes mystical poisons flow through the viens of its victim.
    Lifetaker = more command with ranged units in army
    Lifetaker is a repeater crossbow fashioned from the blackest steel, with bolts tipped with the venom of a black dragon.
    Web of Shadows = more attack/ decreased enemy morale
    Woven from the hair of the Witch Elves and studded with ensocrcelled harpy fangs, a victim caught in the web of shadows will be ripped to shreds.
    Hearstseeker = Assassin only more agents skills
    Heartseeker has the uncanny ability to find the heart of a living thing. Dark Elves delight in its ability to destroy the lifeforce of their victims.
    Chillblade = decreased enemy morale
    The blade of this sword holds a terrible spell of coldeness which seeps into the Dark Elf's victim, freezing their soul and tempoerarily freezing them.
    Dark Sword = more attack, damages morale
    Etched upon this blade is an ancient curse in the Drak Tongue. Upon striking a foe the curse is unleashed.
    Armour of Living Death = more hitpoints
    It is claimed that anyone wearing this armour cannot die, that they are sustained by it's magical energy. Unfortunately they cannot remove the armour and are slowly driven insane.
    Armour of eternal servitude = more hitpoints
    Oaths of loyalty and dedication to Khaine were sworn at the time of this armour's forging, and the wearer is granted extended life to serve his god.
    Shield of Ghrond = more hitpoints
    Shaped into the leering face of an Ice Daemon, the shield Ghrong is imbued with the power of the north wind and robs attacks of their force.
    Armour of Darkness = lots and lots of hitpoints
    Forged from dark meteoric steel, this suit is almost impossible to pierce.
    Blood Armour = improving armour with every battle survived if possible
    When annointed with the blood of an enemy, this armour becomes more durable.
    Black Amulet = more hitpoints
    Cast from the heartstone of a mountain tainted with Dark Sorcery, The Black Amulet is a lustrous polished stone of midnight hue, engraved with a single glowing rune.
    Deathmask = causes fear in enemy regiments
    Made from enchanted gold from the Blackspine mountains the Death Mask depicts Khaela Mensha Khaine in his aspect as the Deathbriger, the merciless slayer.
    Crown of Black Iron = More hitpoints
    Made by Furion of Clar Karond the Crown of Black Iron captures dark magic and oozes a sinister daemonic shadow which protects the wearer.
    Seal of ghrond = better something (adds dispel dice)
    This iron seal carries the rune of Khaine depicting him as the Iron Panther, the stalker of the void.
    Ring of Hotek = less accuracy to ranged units if possible.
    Hotek, renegade priest of Vaul, mad this ring to protect himself from the magical forces used in the forging of his artifacts.
    Rubric of Dark Dimensions = causes fear
    By opening this the bearer creates a gate into a dimension of pure evil.
    Ring of Darkness = more defense
    From the opal set into this ring emerges a billowing black smoke that engulfs it's bearer.
    Soulstone = dont know (immune to first miscast)
    This gem holds the tortured soul of a sacrificed wizard. If a Sorceress is in danger of losing control of her magic she can feed the soul to the Daemons to save herself.
    Cyrstal of Midnight = dont know (makes wizard lose spell)
    Inside this black glowing cyrstal is a malignant spirit that can be unleshed to seek out an enmey magic user and steal his thoughts.
    Black Staff = dont know (no maximum power dice)
    A Black Staff is the symbol of one of the six High Mistresses of the Convents of Sorceress.
    Darkstar cloak = dont know (+1 power dice)
    Woven into this cloak is the essence of a star stolen from Nagarythe.
    Tome of Furion = more tax income (grants bearer +1 spell)
    Furion of Clar Karond inscribed onto sheets of flayed orcskin to teach the Path of Darkness to the uninitiated.
    Banner of Nagarythe = much higher morale to all friendly units
    The Banner of Nagarythe, the standard of northern Ultuan that now lies beneath the ocean, is the personal banner of the Witch King,proclaiming his reign over the Elven kingdoms.
    Hydra Banner = more attack for unit
    Imbued with magic of the Hydra Queen, this banner quickens the reflexes so that tose nearby, strike with her own speed and savagery.
    Dread Banner = causes fear/ decreases morale
    Such is the supernatural fear instilled by the visage of the Bloody Handed God upon this standard that few dare even to look at it.
    Banner of Murder = causes fear/ more movement points
    This banner is stteped in blood of sacrificial victims, its murderous aura instilling a thirts for death and carnage in those carrying it aloft.
    Standard of Slaughter = increased morale of friendly units
    Anointed with the bolld of an Ulthuan Elf, this banner imbues the unit with bitter dtermination.
    Manbane = assassin only more agents skills
    Manbane is one of the most lethal venoms ever devised, causing the tiniest wound to bleed openly.
    Black Lotus = assassin only more agent's skills
    Black Lotus has a terrifying effect on living fless, driving victims into delusions and insanity.
    Dark Venom = assassin only more agents skills
    Extracted from the poisonous reptiles of the bleak land of Naggoroth, Dark Venom Is a deadly toxin. a weapon coated with Dark Venom will cause a mortal wound if it even scrathes the skin.
    Sea Dragon Cloak = More hit points
    The Corsairs and their officers wear a cloak made of the skin of mighty sea dragons along with their other armour.
    Rune of Khaine = more attack
    The Hag Quenns burn the Rune of Khaine upon the brow of the most zealous warriors.
    Tracing a complex pattern in the air, the Dark Elf entrances their victim, leaving him vulnerable and open to attack.
    Witch Brew = more command when attacking
    Witch Brew is a noxious liquid, distilled from blood, that the Witch Elves drink before battle. It drives them into an ectasy of destruction, that they pay no heed to the enemies' numbers and will fight on against impossible odds.

here's a trait for you guys too.

Hand of Khaine = more attack
    Tracing a complex pattern in the air, the Dark Elf entrances their victim, leaving him vulnerable and open to attack.

Now for my own ideas

Retinue
    Cold One Knight = more command with Cavalry, more dread
    This Knight has dedicated his life to serving the Witch King.
    Beast Master = More something
    This man has the ability to control beasts, such as Manticores and Dragons.
    Witch Elf = More piety
    This frenzied elf is a bride of Khaine
    Assassin = More personal Security
    This chosen of khaine is as silent as night, but as deadly as a thousand man army.
    Black Guard = More personal security
    This elf is a servant and guard of Malekith the Witch King.
    Shade = More command when ambushing
    This elf was raised in the wild.
    Black Dragon = more movement, more dread, more personal security
    This dragon's corrosive breath will destroy even the toughest armor.
    Dark Steed = more movement
    This horse is well disiplined and as black as night.
    Cold One= more movement, more dread, more personal security
    This deadly beast is coated with poisonous slime.
    Sword of Khaine, more command, more authority
    this sword is cursed, but has extreme power.

Traits

Possessed = less loyalty, more command, more attack (after 'Sorcerer')
    This Dark Elf was possessed by a demon while practicing the Dark Arts.
    Chosen of Khaine = More attack, more coomand, more authority
    This elf was selected by Khaine to be one of his champions.
    Sorcerer = less loyalty, more command, more attack
    Against Malekith's will this male elf still practices sorcery.
    Worships Slaanesh = plus morale, less loyalty
    This Dark Elf is a member of the Cult of Slaanesh.
    Noble = more command, more loyalty
    This Dark Elf is of Noble birth
    Highborn = more command, more authority , more loyalty
    This elf was born into a high ranking family, with authority close to Malekith the Witch King's.
    Shade = more command when ambushing
    This elf was raised by shades in the mountains.
    Born in Nagarythe = way more command, more loyalty, more authority
    This elf was born in the sunken city of Nagarythe, the Dark Elves' old home.
    Asur Slayer = more command against High Elves
    This Dark Elf has killed countless High Elves, and is admired for it.
    Frenzied = More Attack
    This Dark Elf drinks Witch Brew before battle, driving him into a frenzied battle rage.
    Last edited by Goncalou; 04-25-2008 at 04:52.
    It's a fool's race to be run, if all is lost if it be won.

Beauty hunter Senior Member Raz's Avatar

A quick scan through told me that Chaos Armour hasn't been mentioned, should come standard with all chaos generals... And since it can't be removed it should add to the Personal Security of the general. Try stabbing someone whose wearing inch thick steel with a knife and I doubt they'd wake up if they were sleeping.
    Quote Originally Posted by drone
    I imagine an open-source project to recreate [Medieval: Total War] would be faced with an army of high-valour lawyers.

Live your life out on Earth; I'm going to join the Sun.

Concerning Chaos Armor: personal security isn't a bad idea, I would suggest it add to dread. Chaos characters should certainly be intimidating, so chaos armor could be one way to show that.

Since I just got my Vampire Counts book, I'll suggest some VC traits and ancillaries.

night fighter: +1 command at night (this should be standard)

Supernatural Horror: +2 dread

Lore of the Dead: increased casualty recovery.

disciple of Abborash: +1 chivalry

cares for the living: +1 chivalry

True Von Carstein: +to management

scourge of the living: +2 dread

Uncontrollable Thirst: +2 command when attacking -2 command when defending. +1 dread

Decendant of Strigos: +1 dread, -2 management

Hulking monstrocity: +2 wounds

Skavenslayer: +command vrs skaven

ancillaries:

necromancer: +to casualty recovery.

creatures of the night: +2 sight radius

the Black Coach: +1 dread

twisted bodyguard: +1 hp and +2 personal security

Competent butler: +1 management

Standard Bearer: +1 command

Walach's Bloody Hauberk: +2HP

The Flayed Hauberk: +1HP

The Staff of Damnation: +1 command

The book of Arkan: +5% movment

Screaming Banner: +1 dread

Standard of Hellish Vigor: +10% movement

a note on Dread vrs chivalry: I see dread being far more common among the vamps, but I think there should be a smattering of chivalry traits. It should be possible for a vamp that gets lucky and cultivates chivalry (releasing prisoners and not sacking settlements) to achieve a positive chivalry.

VC could make for a very interesting family tree if you involved all the blood lines, but perhaps too complex and difficult to set up with the constraints of the game. I don't know, i don't mod, but maybe it's too much work on the detail level of a single faction. If I've got things right, VC will be represented mostly by von Carstein which makes it hard for them to be descendants of Strigos for example.
    I think blood dragons in particular could be considered somewhat chivalrous as far as vampires go, and your other suggestions are also good, but perhaps not fitting if the focus is on the von Carsteins.

Cheers!

Celto-Germanic Spearman Member Kuningaz's Avatar

Good to see there's some DE stuff here. I have only one thing to add: Probably the black guard should also increase loyalty as they watch that general carefully...

Beauty hunter Senior Member Raz's Avatar

Black Guard should only be for faction leaders, they don't dish them out willy-nilly. On the table-top, I believe you can only have one per army unless you have the witch-king as your army's general. Right?
    And unless your faction-leader is disloyal to his own throne that he sits upon, it should only increase personal security.

Also, I'd like to say that I personally believe there are far too many ancillaries and items for each faction, maybe you should only include the main ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by drone
    I imagine an open-source project to recreate [Medieval: Total War] would be faced with an army of high-valour lawyers.

Live your life out on Earth; I'm going to join the Sun.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12