Thread: mods

Holy Roman Emperor Member Frederick_I_Barbarossa's Avatar

Default mods

Can anyone here suggest a good mod or mods for RTW:BI or regular RTW focusing on historical accuracy? I haven't had RTW installed for 6 months or so (been knee-deep in M2:TW for some time) and would like to get back into it, but with a good mod for historical flavor. Thanks!!!
    Mod Lead for
    EUROPA CRUDUS

Learn more about it or *join the team* HERE

I stole it from a stupid Iceni Member Shieldmaiden's Avatar

Default Re: mods

Europa Barbarorum and Rome Total Realism are both excellent historical accuracy mods for Rome.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local_links.php?catid=94
    Last edited by Shieldmaiden; 05-19-2007 at 17:50.
    "Now, once more I must ride with my knights, to defend what was and the dream of what could be..."

- King Arthur, Excalibur

As ShieldMaiden said, EB and RTR are very good mods, each with their own respective pros and cons. Do not try to compare the two though, it is impossible to do without being biased. Saying that though, RTR and EB are very indepth, and it is a bit confusing to play them, more so EB I find. I would suggest some medium weight mods, like Terrae Expugnadae, Roma Surrectum and BareBonesWars.

They are all three very good mods, and they each improve the historical accuracy, although not to the point of RTR and EB.

Happy Playing,
    RM3
    Last edited by Catiline; 06-04-2007 at 10:45.

The Aspiring God Of War Member Lysander13's Avatar
    Leading the assault against the Gods at Mount Olympos itself.

If you happen to be looking for a "BI" era mod you may want to give Invasio Barbarorum a try....https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=65342