Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestion Box

Default Re: Suggestion Box

My only suggestion is crusades. Every single race in warhammer has a form of crusade and it would be a shame to miss out on alot of fun.
    For Middenheim & The Empire!

When you get around to doing the voice over for Dwarves, make them Welsh *This is being discussed in another thread so I guess I should mention :D*

Blood dragons should also be a part of this. A lot of lot of blood dragons have been known for their attempts to build up empires in Brettonia. Just make the knights very rare(knights of the blood keep) and very powerful and add to that the men at arms and the zombies and skeletons units and voila! Blood dragons.

I have an idea for VC princesses. Instead of just marying a foreign general they could seduce them and turn them into a vampire, bite them. (would be awesome if we had artwork resembling an attractive vampire female getting ready to bite someone)

And another thing. I think you guys should limit how far some settlements can develop if that's possible. It wouldn't be realistic if all the provinces in the Chaos Wastes (which I assume are all towns except maybe a few strongholds) will develop into big cities or whatever, same goes for the empire etc..

The empire has a few big cities and a lot of small towns, having a big city in every province would be unrealistic imo so I think limiting some settlements to certain levels of advancement, for example a mottle & baily.

This would also mean that you can't just make your best troop at every city but that your best troops have to come from your ''real'' famous/big cities, something that is a good thing imo.

So what do you guys think ?

Annoying Warhammer know-it-all Member DrZoidberg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jubal_Barca
    Can tunneling be done for miners and rats?
    Just what I was thinking. It is in practice a teleport function. Is it possible to make a unit disappear in one place, (disband) and re-appear, (creation) in another place. Having a turn isn't a problem. I'm I totally off in fantasy land now?
    Sorry you must have been boring. -Dr Zoidberg

Quote Originally Posted by DrZoidberg
    Just what I was thinking. It is in practice a teleport function. Is it possible to make a unit disappear in one place, (disband) and re-appear, (creation) in another place. Having a turn isn't a problem. I'm I totally off in fantasy land now?
    For the battlefield, couldn't you basically use the sapper effect from RTW as an ability? Maybe take away a bit of the cracks *But leave a few, and leave the sound, so sometimes you detect it and sometimes you don't*

Annoying Warhammer know-it-all Member DrZoidberg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gnashfang
    For the battlefield, couldn't you basically use the sapper effect from RTW as an ability? Maybe take away a bit of the cracks *But leave a few, and leave the sound, so sometimes you detect it and sometimes you don't*
    I think it should be more of a strategic thing on the main map. It's for moving troops clandestinely. Maybe they can hide/ambush anywhere and have free movement, ie not effected by zone of control?
    Sorry you must have been boring. -Dr Zoidberg

It would be cool if skaven could tunnel into cities and start inside the walls.

Quote Originally Posted by ellydog
    Yeah that would be cool, but I think during sieges Skaven should get a morale decrease or something, just to even the odds. And it's semi-realistic since the Skaven aren't the bravest creatures known to the Old World.

Make a year about 8 or so turns so that characters don't die of old age very often, not to mention alot happens in just one year in Warhammer.

How about using the Jihad code for Greenskin Waaghs? A bit easier to implement than the crusade code (with all the pope and cardinals etc)

Quote Originally Posted by ellydog
    I have a better idea, prepare...
    Catacombs.

A new type of battle map. With four types: tombs (vampire counts), skaven settlement, dwarf mine/palace, lizardmen's subway.
    Revan Shan / Mayorcete / Teuton Arrasador

Miguelito Productions' views:
    The best vids in YOUTUBE!
    Miguelito Productions supports:
    SWGEmu / Warhammer Total War / MERP (Middle-Earth Role Playing for oblivion (The Elder Scrolls IV) / Shattered Lineage, for Oblivion

Catacombs would be really cool, but possible? Not sure. If it were, it'd be freakin' epic I'm sure.

Lizardmen Subways? Only thing underground for the lizardmen I know of is the spawning pools. (Which would be bad @$$)

Forum: make a music thread
    Mod: use music from the teutonic campaign (kingdoms)

SWGEmu / Warhammer Total War / MERP (Middle-Earth Role Playing for oblivion (The Elder Scrolls IV) / Shattered Lineage, for Oblivion

Bringer of the End Times Member alexader's Avatar

"Forum: make a music thread
    Mod: use music from the teutonic campaign (kingdoms)"

i think it's better to suggest and not to order something..........
    "VAE VICTUS"

Quote Originally Posted by Revan-Shan
    Forum: make a music thread
    Mod: use music from the teutonic campaign (kingdoms)
    I don't think they would do that unless it was on Kingdoms.
    What with legalities and what not.
    Don't take this the wrong way but you don't have to demand everything you know, you could always suggest rather than try and tell the team what to do.
    This is their mod.

About the Vampire Princess's biting to add more members, isn't that a Lahemian thing?

Quote Originally Posted by messenger
    Don't take this the wrong way but you don't have to demand everything you know, you could always suggest rather than try and tell the team what to do.
    This is their mod.
    WTF! Hey men I'm not demanding. This is the suggestion box so every idea or phrase I post is a suggestion. I'm very polite when it comes to suggest or ask. I'm very aware of the fact that this is their mod. Not mine, their's.
    So, from now on every phrase here or in any other thread is a suggestion, no confusion from no on ok?, a suggestion, a suggestion.

Message for the team: excellent work! (And everything I say is always a suggestion)

"WTF!"
    firstly this is inpolite,if you want to be polite!!!

"Hey men I'm not demanding. This is the suggestion box so every idea or phrase I post is a suggestion."
    secondly,we don't required to know that from you.lol

"I'm very polite when it comes to suggest or ask. I'm very aware of the fact that this is their mod. Not mine, their's."
    thirdly,we are already know that this is their's mod,and for that thing we are told you that

"So, from now on every phrase here or in any other thread is a suggestion, no confusion from no on ok?, a suggestion, a suggestion."
    and lastly,don't give us orders or demand and demand and demand something from the people that pointed your wrong statements.this is inpolite.if you want to be polite,try to accept are suggestions,and carry on

and if you are not part of the modding team,try to SUGGEST(with all the meaning of word)and don't demand things from the team or even from us.
    we are here before you,and we all know things about warhammer,as you do
    (and try not to use GW copyright,in your "ideas")
    "VAE VICTUS"

Totally off topic

hahaahahhaha,nice nice,this is the way you answer.i didn't expect that,but it's most welcome.i am off topic,because i am pointing your wrong statements?ahhaaaaa?ok i am not going to continue that disgusion,because i know where are the limits and where i have to stop,keep up the good suggestions.......
    "VAE VICTUS"

messenger i think all vampires bite to add more members but i don't know for sure
    "VAE VICTUS"

Quote Originally Posted by alexader
    messenger i think all vampires bite to add more members but i don't know for sure
    Yes, they do. Totally sure, there's no other way.

I dunno, I think most of the time the Vampires bite and drain blood to feed.
    Hell it says in the Vampire Counts book that the Lahemians giving a blood kiss to someone to make them a Vampire is extremely rare.
    But anyway, maybe that's just the Lahemians who are very choosy.

Yeah vampires are like that, but occasionally they'll find someone worthy to expand the bloodline to.

I was wondering, since characters can be infected and spread disease, would it be possible to give this as an attribute to a small few of the relevant chaos worshippers, say on a spy that can spread disease to an enemy town? Not to suggest every 'spy' gets it but maybe an attribute can be gained that gives disease carrier status. Even as I say it, it seems like a tall order but I won't know unless I ask ;)

It also begs the question of how disease will work in general or even if it's possible to alter it from the original at all. Maybe it can be turned off as a random effect or maybe the best that can be done is the wording of the random effect is changed to relate to something more warhammer-esque. I'm thinking that from a RP perspective, an outbreak of disease inside a Skaven town, for example, wouldn't exactly be legit, at least not in the same way it would inside an Empire town.

Skaven towns probably would have to be coded to always have high public health as they are used to squalor.

Doesn't public health also affect growth rate though? That'd make it tricky to provide high public health as standard. I guess farms could be removed and perhaps character traits that increase growth could be removed from Skaven but there's only so much leeway doing that. Would it be enough?

If you read what I said, I was suggesting the Skaven have super high public health as even the most squalid...squalor is not squalorous to a squalor loving Skaven.
    That means lots of mutant rat babies!

I did read it and knew exactly what you were suggesting. Obviously I didn't make myself clear when I pointed out the side effect of public health - higher population growth so yeah, lots of mutant rat babies. That's going to give Skaven an advantage in both cash and getting more advanced units (if they plan such a thing) out the door quicker. Coupled with no disease outbreaks it is almost certainly too much of a strategic advantage.

While on the subject, how is population growth and technological advances planned in this mod? Will we see higher population cities already in existance or will we experience an emerging state? It doesn't really make sense to have emerging civs starting as small towns and building up, not considering how long some have been around. Then again, it probably won't be as much fun to skip this bit of TW or the mod may as well be played via the custom/quick game option. The campaign game is more than half the fun for me so I hope it's not the latter.

Is it possible to limit population growth and base advances on a timeline of events instead? Or maybe building dependancies can be changed so that rather than wall upgrades being dependant on population they are dependant on buildings x, y and z in the previous tech queue? Bleh, I dunno what's possible or when it is possible, what's doable, I'm just thinking out loud.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast