Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Question and Answer

oh NOM NOM NOM Member Spankfurt's Avatar

Default Re: Question and Answer

that's what i was thinking, somewhere along those lines
    ­­well guys, im off like a lepper teste

Annoying Warhammer know-it-all Member DrZoidberg's Avatar

There's a suggestion thread specifically for stuff like this. There's a risk they'll get lost in this thread
    Sorry you must have been boring. -Dr Zoidberg

Quote Originally Posted by um...
    Im not impatient, I just couldnt find any information so I asked. Its finished when its finished.

And by the way Born in lust for blood, where did you hear about a new HE army book in september? Iv'e never heard about it.
    I got my sources!
    Seriously though? I work at a games workshop store so I kinda get sneak pics etc.

High elf question for the mod, how will the phoenix guard be?
    They are supposed to be completley silent due to a magical oath, will you remove all voices? And will there be Lothern seaguard? If its not possible to toogle weapons, maybe they could fire a wolley before they charge like some people in RTW. Maybe its early to ask if you havent started on the elves.

Quote from Born in lust for blood :
    I got my sources!
    Seriously though? I work at a games workshop store so I kinda get sneak pics etc.

Thats cool. Im collecting high elf so im looking forward to the new models and army book.

btw how do you quote the real way? Im a noob at forums.

theres a button that says quote. you click the post you want to quote and then you write what you want about it

hope it helps

Is there any indication of when a custom battle or similar release will be available? or are you guys waiting for a full campaign release?

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

Quote Originally Posted by Bwian
    Here is the OFFICIAL line on magic.....

We will do what we can to implement magic..but it may very well end up as traits to support a general.

What I WILL NOT be doing, is fielding missile units where 100+mages launch barrages of fireballs across the battlefield like a glorified siege engine. It doesn't look right and can neer be made to look right. NO.

Magic can unbalance a gameso easily, and ruin the gameplay if it is not carefully anfd thoughtfully done. I would rather leave it out altogether than implement something that doesn't work well in a battle or would be badly misused by an AI army in a campaign.

The lack of responses on the topic is because we do not know yet to what extent it will be in the mod, nor how the thing would be implemented if we were to go beyond traits and ancillaries.
    I'm putting blasty magic in WHTW1, it's balanced because of the likelihood of hitting your own troops... I once had my general, two giant elephants, and foru flying carpets flattened with a single barrage from my Araby mages.
    Mod leader of Warhammer; Total War

Swoosh So ... we do not plan to release a custom battle only version of the mod.
    Careless Orc Costs Lives!

YEAH!! that means a full campaign version mod.

Full campaign mod for definite.

There is no reason NOT to do this. All you need is a map and some building trees etc. and you have a working campaign mod. For me, this is where the interest lies, and not in just setting up cutom battles. For those who just want that, the mod will provide that too ... but it's important to me that there will be a good single player game in the mod. That's what I play!

Cool Re: Question and Answer

now that's the right attitude
    Ambassador from The RTS Gamers Union

Well of course id like the full campaign, im not talking either or, i was talking about a 2 faction custom battle preview to let fans of the mod try some of the new units before the campaign mod is completed. Much like CA may produce a demo featuring 1 or 2 battles before the games are released.
    Last edited by Swoosh So; 07-30-2007 at 16:30.

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

I see what you mean .... but there are 'issues' as far as this goes. The demo would be a pretty big download, even if we only included a couple of factions. People would, naturally, want the factions with the more 'radical' units, and that means a new animation pack in the download. Somewhere in the region of 70Mb just for the anims. It will also need to have a degree of balancing done.

I would need to finalise a couple of things, and add some more units to a couple of factions .... but this is something that could be done.

Ideally.... I would want something like ...say...Dwarves and Orcs, or Chaos and Empire ... some pairing that naturally went together. Any suggestions? Most of the factions that are well underway don't really go together that well.

Chaos/Empire would probably be quicker to do (since Empire has the least radical units), Dwarves/Orcs would be the most fun with new models/anims etc.

Another (probably kinda lame) option would be to make two pseudo-factions just for the demo, Law and Chaos. Then you could stick some units from all the factions in as a showcase for battles: Breton/Empire/Dwarf/Lizardmen/HE units for law, VC/TK/Chaos/Skaven/Orcs for chaos, or something. You could even make a third Neutral faction for Lizardmen, TK and Orcs so there's more variety.

Just throwing ideas out.

"Know, O Prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the Sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world, like blue mantles beneath the stars...
    Is fhearr fheuchainn na bhith san duil.

High Elves and Dwarves fighting together ..... tsk tsk ... I can sense the purists getting the lynch-mob together already!

*BURN HIM DOWN!*

Question:How will the lady's blessing be integrated in the game? More defense? and how will brettonians pray? It would be cool if you have them all kneeling during deployment.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwian
    High Elves and Dwarves fighting together ..... tsk tsk ... I can sense the purists getting the lynch-mob together already!
    Bah, I knew there'd be something.

"Know, O Prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the Sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world, like blue mantles beneath the stars...
    Is fhearr fheuchainn na bhith san duil.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123