Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Eye Candy continues

Default Re: Eye Candy continues

Bwian
    The new Cold One model is the same for both Dark Elf and Lizardman in that they are both quadrapedal, they just have smaller front limbs, so the horse model would fit best, but, the Cold One's are known to be great attacking mounts, so im not sure how that could be implemented, perhaps you could use the camel model which causes horses (and hopefully infantry) fear to help represent thier attack and causing fear.

also................... awesome work!!!!
    Rock and roll is the hamburger that ate the world

Great work. It looks badass.

Annoying Warhammer know-it-all Member DrZoidberg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bwian

Can you tell what it is yet.
    Is it a dog? he he. Good work. Looks gorgeous.

On the cold one issue, all pics I remember seeing is that it's bi-pedal. It's based on a Raptor, isn't it? They're bipedal.

edit:
    http://conquest.oz.games-workshop.co.../tichi-big.jpg
    http://pages.zoom.co.uk/bogey/Graphics/Cold%20One.jpeg
    http://www.firedragon.com/~andorax/g...elf/beasts.jpg

confusion
    http://www.puolenkuunpelit.com/kaupp...us_cold_on.jpg
    http://uk.games-workshop.com/darkelv...GHTS_large.gif

According to this it seems like it stands on four legs when it's resting and two when running? It would look better I think if it stays on two all the time.
    Last edited by DrZoidberg; 07-16-2007 at 10:14.
    Sorry you must have been boring. -Dr Zoidberg

The old models show them as veloceraptors and with the new models it shows them closer to the ground and walking on all four's, but they will rear up when attacking, so putting that into the game terms, it would be easier just to have them as a four legged model.

Detlef, thanks for that, i must admit i have never seen the new Lizardmen Cold One's!
    but i would assume it would be easier to make just the one model ie, the dark elf one?

Frankly, I think it would be better to make them bipedal.

When you look at the dimensions of the limbs, the front limbs are a good bit shorter. When translated into the game, this would mean that there would need to be a lot of jiggery-pokery so that it doesn't look wierd (such as the elbow bending forwards or whatever), which could be avoided if the front limbs are left unrigged.

Besides, the Cold Ones' physiology doesn't look like it would function like a horse. The only reasonable way for it to move quickly is for the front legs to be taken off the ground, since they're too short for a decent offset gallop as seen with horses.

On the other hand, a bipedal stance would mean that the Cold Ones would be a bit front-heavy, so I don't know if you can edit the position of the rider to be nearer the centre of gravity (just front of the pelvic area).

I guess the other reason for bipedal is variety: most other races have quadrupedal mounts, so it makes Lizardmen stand out.

Perhaps you could try both ways and see what "looks" best in your opinion.

"Know, O Prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the Sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world, like blue mantles beneath the stars...
    Is fhearr fheuchainn na bhith san duil.

First off Amazin Stegadon! Cold blooded things Rock! A question though: Whether the cold ones are quad or bi pedal, can you factor in an attack for them?

Attack/no attack is something which is pretty much hard-coded as far as I can gather. Elephants have an attack, and are considered to be able to make a melee type attack, and the riders are limited to missile weapons.

Horses and Camels do not have an attack, but the riders can have either melee or missile attacks. What you can't have, sadly, is a melee mount with sword or axe wielding riders. As a result, the choice looks like being horse/camel
    Careless Orc Costs Lives!

Oh well. Would've been cool to see cold ones devouring the poor empire soldiers. Another question: I know that on the top of a stegadon a howdah (Think of a giant bow) can be equipped. Can this translate into game as a balistas' projectile? If not, skink archers are just as cool!

There is an elephant with a cannon on it ...so there must be some possibility to mount siege type weapons on the back. It may work like the ballista carriage...and not be a true siege gun .... but I am sure something can be done along the lines of a giant crossbow.

Archers on top will definitely be done.

Sounds good.!

Oooo! A giant monster of death with a nice machine of death on its back! For the Gods!

Also currently working on chariots ...... so watch this space!

There´s a way to get chariots to work in M2TW? I suppose that´s great news.

Wow, if you can get chariots working you'll be a LEGEND to the ancient mod projects, if you're not already!

"Know, O Prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the Sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world, like blue mantles beneath the stars...
    Is fhearr fheuchainn na bhith san duil.

This looks really good. Keep it coming.

this mod gets better every time I come here, keep up the good work
    Ambassador from The RTS Gamers Union

Warhammer: Total War Team Member Krazysigmarite's Avatar

Just thought I'd post a few quick shots of the new Empire look. People wanted realistic, so I went for a far more believable colour scheme. Note that the shields haven't been redone yet. I'll post some nice clean shots later, but this is a little preview.

Please comment on them - I want to know if people like this version better than the old!

Bringer of the End Times Member alexader's Avatar

yes,these are rocking(can i suggest to put more feathers)but they are amazing(i also like the papers that you had put(also it will be a good idea to put some hats atop the helmes for defination)yes thats the way you do it,and you are very good at modding,nice work,keep it up
    "VAE VICTUS"

PERFECT! That's EXACTLY how I personally would prefer them to look! :D I think you've made the right decision, they truly look awesome now.

I don't think you need more feathers and stuff, maybe just a little bit, cause too much would make them a bit exaggerated.

Definitely got them spot on there. The colours still stand out nicely, but look a lot more natural and realistic. Excellent stuff!

Been expanding the ranks of the Tomb King units myself, and hope to have some extra eye-candy in a day or so. Adding some standard bearers and musicians to the lineup and have also made some horse-archers, some sword wielding variants of the spearmen and some mounted swordsmen.

These cover off all the variants of Light Horse and Heavy Horse and Skeleton Warriors listed in the armybooks as 'core'. Doing some work on Ushabti and Tomb Guards next.

oh NOM NOM NOM Member Spankfurt's Avatar

Pretty rad man, They look so much better like that :) the colours blend well instead of standing out so much
    ­­well guys, im off like a lepper teste

Default Re : Eye Candy continues

Congratulations, they are very nice, i like the crimson, it's the perfect shade. I know that I'm asking a lot, but would it be possible to add a bit more variety to the helmets? Some GW figs have a sort of leather cap instead, it's nice...
    I am less enthusiastic about the halberds. The blade seems it bit small and the shaft slightly too long... but I'm no expert!

Very sexy Krazysigmarite well done!

Warhammer: Total War Team Member Krazysigmarite's Avatar

The halberds used are just the stock medieval 2 halberds The screenshot is also stretched vertically as I use a widescreen monitor and was too lazy to resize the screenshot.

Glad people are liking the new version!
    Last edited by Krazysigmarite; 08-17-2007 at 08:09.

Annoying Warhammer know-it-all Member DrZoidberg's Avatar

I just want to join the chant. They're perfect
    Sorry you must have been boring. -Dr Zoidberg

Daimyo, Sultan & True Roman Member Crian's Avatar

Excellent! Definitely much better than the earlier shades. Spot on my friend.

"Why did we attack the Iceni? Why did we destroy that cargo? I can live with being a pawn if the game makes sense!" - Wingman, Mission 3: The Romans Blunder, Freespace 2

These are the chosen Marauders of Khorne. Bigger weapons, a bit more wargear, and a whole load of bloodlust!

Altogether now .... Blood for the Blood God!

Quote Originally Posted by Krazysigmarite
    The halberds used are just the stock medieval 2 halberds The screenshot is also stretched vertically as I use a widescreen monitor and was too lazy to resize the screenshot.

Glad people are liking the new version!
    They´re absolutely spot on, precisely how I´d imagine them. Don´t change anything, they´re perfect. I love them.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast