Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Eye Candy continues

Default Eye Candy continues

Since the other screenshot thread was getting a bit big...I have started a fresh one

Not done the proper textures yet, but this gives an idea of how the Ork troops are going to look. This is thte 'basic' version. I will have to make a few minor adjustments to the model to get it to animate smoothly ... there is some unsighlty distortion around the thigh bones which I want to cure.

Also...the hands were convertions of stock MTW2 ones...and I need to adjust the finger grip for the weapon hand... it's not right! All easy enough.

The thing has a brand new skeleton, with the arms elongated and hte legs bowed slightly out. The shoulders are also wider. The head bone pivots forward and down, so the neck can jut out like an orcs should and still pivot correctly. Texture work will continue tonight!
    Careless Orc Costs Lives!

blaaaaaaaaaarg! Senior Member Lusted's Avatar

Default Re: Eye Candy continues

Nice, reminds me of the Dawn of War orks, which is a good thing.

The Warhammer 40K version of the Ork is just about identical to the look the later Warhammer Orks had ( or at least the ones I liked!! ). They were bigger and brawnier. The sourcebooks seem to lean towards that view in all the pictures, so I went with that. It was also easier to find pictures of 40K Ork heads that were not helmetted .... I wanted a bare-headed start point! The source material also pretty clear on the muscular nature of Orcs...so I have gone for BIG arms! Not sure about the hair/crest being proper for Warhammer, but I loved that look in 40K

Big muscles ... small brains....that's Orks!

Nice Orcs!
    You probably already looked at this picture but if you look towards the back of the regiment there is one with the hair on top. Personally I hope you give them those silly leather caps the one in the front corner has.

Annoying Warhammer know-it-all Member DrZoidberg's Avatar

Gorgeous. I love that all the time I'm invested in writing their unit descriptions, feels so frikkin well spent after seeing these. I think I'll re-write them that give them justice. The ones I wrote where quite short.
    Sorry you must have been boring. -Dr Zoidberg

It is, quite simply, ridiculous how well the mod is going. Considering it's only a few folk working on it, it's already looking better than Mark of Chaos and their legions of artists and modellers!

I wonder if those lovable Squigs will make an appearance? And seeing as how they were so much fun in Dawn of War, it would be CRIMINAL not to have voice actors for the greenskins, they've just got so much character even without textures!

"Know, O Prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the Sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world, like blue mantles beneath the stars...
    Is fhearr fheuchainn na bhith san duil.

Those are looking really good so far, can't wait to see them with textures on them.

oh NOM NOM NOM Member Spankfurt's Avatar

Ork voices are frikken hilarious, especially in shadow of the horned rat
    ­­well guys, im off like a lepper teste

Orcs! They look great, and if there´s one kind of fantasy unit the M2TW engine is made for it´s them. I´ll look forward to how they´ll finally come out in all their green glory.

I was looking at Squigs the other day. You basically need to have just the legs attached to the mesh, and animated. The Dwarf skeleton might provide me with a suitable base for this. I am not all that up on Squigs ... and how they should move.

A normal human frame might be better. The tricky bit would be to animate the mouth without too much extra work.

Could be your God Member Abokasee's Avatar

Just remember that the black orks shold be larger than the nornal orks
    Now with transparent layers!

Lost on the Internet? Go back to start.

Annoying Warhammer know-it-all Member DrZoidberg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bwian
    I was looking at Squigs the other day. You basically need to have just the legs attached to the mesh, and animated. The Dwarf skeleton might provide me with a suitable base for this. I am not all that up on Squigs ... and how they should move.

A normal human frame might be better. The tricky bit would be to animate the mouth without too much extra work.
    Considering how rediculous they look I think Squigs where mostly added for humour so in my humble opinion I think they should look hillarious when moving. Wadling or bounching along.
    Last edited by DrZoidberg; 06-10-2007 at 12:55.
    Sorry you must have been boring. -Dr Zoidberg

Since Squigs are just basically funghi space hoppers, whatever animation looks the most hilarious would probably be ideal for the wee blighters. A bit of variety could be added to make them look bigger and smaller (don't know about skeletons scaling within a unit, perhaps just make the meshes fatter or thinner?)

That's the beauty of Orcs in Warhammer, they're such great fun. Some people don't like the idea of them being the "comedy army", but it's the sense of humour that makes them stand out from the more serious armies: besides, those Black Orcs pack a wallop, so it's not like their at all useless.

Is the Berserker attribute from BI still in M2? It would suit the Night Goblin Fanatics nicely.

"Know, O Prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the Sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world, like blue mantles beneath the stars...
    Is fhearr fheuchainn na bhith san duil.

Ooh, I never played BI, what does the beserker attribute do? We need something to substitute for Frenzy and how you lose control of a bloodthirsty unit. Currently thre is "Run Amok", which I think means a unit can attack its own side, which is great for orcs but not useful for most other armies.

I wonder, can you make a unit always moving forward in MTW? It would be bloody annoying, but could represent that units personal drive to always move towards the enemy. Maybe thats too annoying.

Bringer of the End Times Member alexader's Avatar

Yes i think that the animation of the berserker will fit both the squigs and the black orcrs or even the normal orcs.the suitable charge to give them is a crashing animation(suitable for the squigs is to have them as cavalry with the night goblins on their backs)and many units i think must have the crashing animation when charging on the enemy just like cavalry but not cavalry like the bone giants or the kroxigors and many other creatures big enough or even the normal orcs and the opposite troops when have been taken the charge from them,react just like get charge by cavalry(you know:thrown up in the air,like just as i said before from the charge of berserkers from the barbarian invasion expansion)
    "VAE VICTUS"

Quote Originally Posted by Jargon
    Ooh, I never played BI, what does the beserker attribute do? We need something to substitute for Frenzy and how you lose control of a bloodthirsty unit. Currently thre is "Run Amok", which I think means a unit can attack its own side, which is great for orcs but not useful for most other armies.

I wonder, can you make a unit always moving forward in MTW? It would be bloody annoying, but could represent that units personal drive to always move towards the enemy. Maybe thats too annoying.

I think that would take alot out of the game, such as formations and tactics, which is what the total war series is based around

Animation wise...that won't be happening. If I can make a squig simply, then we will have them. They are not a high priority over things like Orcs!

What is your opinion on the whole charging thing with kroxi's and other big creatures, Bwian? Will they throw basic spearmen and swordsmen away with ease like an elephant would? My personal opinion they should, but you modders have the ultimate say.

That's certainly my intention! If a 40 foot tall skeleton with a massive axe ran full tilt into you, he wouldn't just stop! Same way a great big lizard beast would scatter things in it's way.

Awesome! Can't wait to unleash my Kroxigors!

I remember reading a while back someone posting that Bone giants usually hit many units with one swipe, but that may not work out too well since if there are only 3 units in a regiment, if they get surrounded by a group of say, clanrats, who they would normaly be able to crush with ease, they may not even be able to swing their sword from trying to block all the hits being thrown at them, as what happens in m2tw

Quote Originally Posted by Jargon

You can always give them the charge without orders attribute and enhance it.

it's teh greenskins ( right Bwian?)
    Last edited by Eufarius; 06-13-2007 at 22:33.

You can always give them the charge without orders attribute and enhance it.
    Perfect, thats the attribute iv'e been looking for. I think thats fits Frenzy in a nutshell. So thats the negative, the bonus would be to increase the speed of the units attacks.

That is awesome work - I am eagerly waiting to see these models in battle on my screen.

Progress, as promised. :

Meet the fully re-done Dwarf Miners:

This one shows the model in it's raw state, complete with candle on the helmet

Next, one in action, which shows, to an extent, the height of hte new mesh against the skeletons they have run into whilst opening up an exploratory shaft in the mountains

very nice shot,it rocksssssss.keep up the good work.I think history awaits you
    "VAE VICTUS"

Bwian can i suggest something.it would be intersting if you make tha candle a little bigger,also can you put a small fire then upon the candle?
    "VAE VICTUS"

WOW amazing!! Although I agree with the candle. Make it a bit bigger. And for a variable you can have a guy holding a canary cage..
    Good work.. Now get back to work. We need that mod straight away.

I agree with Born in lust of blood( did i get that right?)

we need this mod out. good job on the Dwarves they are shaping to be one of the best looking units out there.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast