Thread: MTW/VI Vs MTW2

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: MTW/VI Vs MTW2

I don't like to see people disappointed with their purchase. My posts are intended for people who haven't purchased the game yet. I can understand that people who have purchased the game may want to justify their purchase, and not want to hear negative comments about it.

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

Well yeah, you don't want people to get disappointed, but not everyone thinks like you ... me for example, I like the game

I think Samurai Wars is rubbish and I am going to do the best to stop people from downloading it as it's a waste of time. Please ignore the fact that I've never played it and never even intend to play it as I am just so disillusioned with it's creator.
    Last edited by Grey_Fox; 06-18-2007 at 21:23.

Very Senior Member Gawain of Orkeny's Avatar

People please. Didnt we have enough of this in the other thread? I want things here from VI that can easily be implemented into MTW2. Thats all I want. Certainly no one is more quailified than MizuYuuki . He was legend before I even got here. The Mizu clan has pretty much dissected STW and MTW/VI and put them back together. Put please gentlemen can we just have fixes here. This is sounding to much like congress. Can we please stay on topic. If you want to start a thread why MTW2 is inferior to whatever be my guest.
    Fighting for Truth , Justice and the American way

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gawain of Orkeny
    I want things here from VI that can easily be implemented into MTW2. Thats all I want.
    Hello Gawain of Orkeny,

That's a bit of a catch with software.

What struck me in RTW was the limited set of maps (directly) available for MP, compared to VI. CA made a pretty nice system of real time battlemap generation out of the worldmap in SP. Of course, you could edit in the coordinates to make more MP maps, but it would be nice to have a display of the worldmap (or user made worldmaps) and select a location from that. Extend that with a favourite list and a xy box to type the coordinates and you have a solid and virtually unlimited source of maps to play on.

It seems the thing is already there, also for MP, just not the proper GUI.

I think it's important to have individual unitspeeds back, instead of just a few harder wired animationclasses. Another thing I like in VI is the individual def- and offensive anti cavalry bonusses.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Member Member Chaos Cornelius lucius's Avatar
    Off in the woods with my longbow wondering where my arrow went...

I would definitly agree with individual offensive and defensive anti cav bonuses. At the moment it seems almost impossible to kill heavy cav in any numbers with infantry.(at least to me anyway).
    A unit that would carve its way through heavy cav something like chiv foot knights used to do in VI is needed IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Fox
    I think Samurai Wars is rubbish and I am going to do the best to stop people from downloading it as it's a waste of time. Please ignore the fact that I've never played it and never even intend to play it as I am just so disillusioned with it's creator.

I agree Samurai Wars is terrible - I havent played it and dont even have MTW installed on my machine - but I heard from others that it was rubbish so I just thought I better post on here to save people from downloading it. Because this is where people would come to find out if they should, and if I point out enough of its flaws maybe magically it will improve (although I will not help to improve it because I dont have it).

We are not arguing if Puzz is correct in his criticisms of the game - we all understand what wrong with the game (Puzz has told us all 100x). But is Puzz pointing out the floors in the game going to improve the game? Is it adding to the discussion of M2TW - or just taking away. And he doesnt own the game = trolling
    I hardly think large numbers of people considering buying M2TW (at this late stage) are going to be finding their way to this subforum and reading 100s of posts - seems to me more like 'told you so' shadenfraud
    And while I am trying to maintain a respectful attitude toward Puzz3d (and respect his opinions and hope to oneday play against he and Koc again) - Kalle - you couldnt resist taking a cheap personal shot at me and the other M2TW players as being 'dumbed down' :p

your name is noted - for the first time - not for being a player but yet another troll. With nothing to add other than bashing M2TW and its PLAYERS
    congratulations whoever you are

we all understand the flaws of the game - we dont need to hear them daily in every M2TW thread

I was trying to be polite about this but I must request action from the Mods - people who arnt playing M2TWMP (by their own admission) should have their posts deleted from this forum and be given the appropriate warnings
    Last edited by Yun Dog; 06-19-2007 at 04:37.
    Quote Originally Posted by pevergreen View Post
    its pevergeren.

My prior post has suggestions for improving the game:

1. Improve the network performance.
    2. Reduce the cpu requirement.
    3. Reduce imbalance to less than 15%.
    4. Improve the RPS so that you don't need so many special bonues.
    5. Optimize the morale level so that attrition and maneuver are dynamically balanced.
    6. Optimize the fatigue rate to the map size.
    7. Make the units more responsive and improve unit cohesion.
    8. Reduce the uncertainty in the combat results.

and a few more:

9. Adjust the cost of the units so that each unit is worth what it costs.
    10. Remove the battlefield upgrades from multiplayer.
    11. Remove the multiple hitpoints from units.
    12. Bring back the original ballistic model.
    13. Lower the charge speed by the same ratio that running speeds were lowered relative to RTW.

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

Boy, leave town for a few days and the sleepy MP forum suddenly gets rather hot.

It seems we have yet another "Less Filling vs Tastes Great" argument going here. Some are taking it a bit personal. So, let us all take a breath and remember this is a game, the sun shall still rise tomorrow despite the differences of opinion over it. Every-ones opinion on what they find as enjoyable leisure time activity while playing this mp game is going to differ by varying degrees. Not a single person's opinion on "what's fun for me" is wrong. Comparing game performance issues between old game engine & new game engine, and claiming one is inferior to the other is okay too, when backed up with some pertinent info as it relates to game performance in MP. However, implying that one's preference to one or the other is inferior is not okay. Let's keep this distinction in mind please.

People please. Didn't we have enough of this in the other thread? I want things here from VI that can easily be implemented into MTW2. That's all I want. Certainly no one is more quailified than MizuYuuki . He was legend before I even got here. The Mizu clan has pretty much dissected STW and MTW/VI and put them back together. Put please gentlemen can we just have fixes here. This is sounding to much like congress. Can we please stay on topic. If you want to start a thread why MTW2 is inferior to whatever be my guest.
    The author of this thread has made a simple and quite reasonable request. I'm asking that the sniping, name calling, and other soap opera drama stop. Right now.

My prior post has suggestions for improving the game:

1. Improve the network performance.
    2. Reduce the cpu requirement.
    3. Reduce imbalance to less than 15%.
    4. Improve the RPS so that you don't need so many special bonuses.
    5. Optimize the morale level so that attrition and maneuver are dynamically balanced.
    6. Optimize the fatigue rate to the map size.
    7. Make the units more responsive and improve unit cohesion.
    8. Reduce the uncertainty in the combat results.

and a few more:

9. Adjust the cost of the units so that each unit is worth what it costs.
    10. Remove the battlefield upgrades from multiplayer.
    11. Remove the multiple hitpoints from units.
    12. Bring back the original ballistic model.
    13. Lower the charge speed by the same ratio that running speeds were lowered relative to RTW.
    This is much better, without all the unnecessary negative baggage and veering off topic.

I've got some catching up to do reading posts. If I feel the need to pm some of you over any questionable posting etiquette I will at my descretion, though most of you know what your responsibilities are in that regard by now.

If you don't have something you're not allowed to critise.

His critisism is the same as me critisising the Peugeot 1007. Yes I've heard loads about it and that it is bad, but I can't voice my opinion untill I've driven it, can I?
    Anyone can voice their opinion on the MTW2 MP game, whether they have it or not. The worth of that opinion to you; is up to you. Take it for what it is worth to you, and leave out the personal animosities. Not a difficult concept really (most were introduced to such inter-personal relationship skills training in kindergarten). It seems some people's perceptions of each other, negative or positive, hinder the flow and direction of threads such as this, and bog it down with personal irrelevant baggage. The PM function is the appropriate "sandbox" for one to discuss one's "personal problems" with another member; not the public forum. As my old drill sergeant used to say, "Remember this material people, you'll be seeing it again."
    Last edited by Hosakawa Tito; 06-19-2007 at 19:52.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*