Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: total war 4

Default Re: total war 4

Quote Originally Posted by The_crusader
    I think they wont take that next big step into a new engine such as Napolionic total war because there is already a game on the Napolionic wars....
    Beleive me if there was a decent Napoleonic game I would own it

There have been quite a few computerised boardgames based on the period but nothing even remotely playable as a wargame.
    Didz
    Fortis balore et armis

Post Re: total war 4

Quote Originally Posted by I Am Herenow
    LOL I doubt they'd start even before they'd finished with Kingdoms, not to mention having to hang around monitoring M2 and Kingdoms for a few months after release and making the inevitable patches to fix bugs etc. before they could truly move on.
    Not quite I Am Herenow. Both CA teams alternate - England will be producing the next game while Australia will busy themselves optimizing Kingdoms and patching M2:TW.
    Last edited by Omanes Alexandrapolites; 07-27-2007 at 08:41.
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

blaaaaaaaaaarg! Senior Member Lusted's Avatar

Indeed there are 2 offices, one in the UK, one in Oz.

Quote Originally Posted by Didz
    Beleive me if there was a decent Napoleonic game I would own it

There have been quite a few computerised boardgames based on the period but nothing even remotely playable as a wargame.

Here is what I meant when it was a little like the tota lwar series it lokk appealing...
    http://www.armchairempire.com/images...nic-wars-2.jpg
    Emperor Constantine c.288 - 337
    "In hoc signo vinces"
    (In this sign shalt thou conquer)

Quote Originally Posted by The_crusader
    Here is what I meant when it was a little like the tota lwar series it lokk appealing...
    http://www.armchairempire.com/images...nic-wars-2.jpg
    Thats Cossacks 2 - Battle for Europe. I have that and Cossacks II Napoleonic Wars. But in reality neither of these games have any relavance to the Napoleonic Wars at all other then the fact that the skins of the units are vaguely Napoleonic.

Both games have a simple Command and Conquer style resource gathering system which basically rewards rushers who can seize and hold 'Gold mines' quickly. There is no attempt to apply any sort of Command and Control structure to the games, it is purely a click fest control system with no consideration is given to Napoleonic logistical or tactical problems.

Finally, the AI is appalling and basically relies upon the 'Mass Production Bonus' cheat to swamp the human player with troops rather than any form of strategy or tactical finesse.

BTW: The single player campaigns are just a farce, basically involving the rescue of a damsel in distress and have about as much to do with the Napoleonic was as the plot of Grand Theft Auto. It also has some of the most appalling voice acting I have ever heard, most of whom seem to think they are producing an American Civil War game.

The Lordz NTW mod is actually far better than both these games and its free, unfortunately NTW2 does not have a campaign option.

So, if you haven't bought Cossacks 2 yet, my advice is to save your money, unless you are looking for a plastic box to fill a gap in your bookshelf. It basically kept me occupied for about a day before I got bored with it.
    Last edited by Didz; 07-28-2007 at 09:15.
    Didz
    Fortis balore et armis

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

And for those of you talking about good Napoleonic games, check LZoF's signature links

Thanks alot for the info, you just made me a very happy peep this morning! i hope they keep in the competing rome factions, i disliked mods that made rome just 1 faction :\

Last edited by Swoosh So; 07-29-2007 at 09:58.

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

Nothing has been announced relating to the next game yet.
    Last edited by Jack Lusted; 07-30-2007 at 08:44.
    Unit Design Lead

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

So much for those links then!

TBH I think they're working on a new console game (therefore, a new Total Warrior game) because they're looking for a PS3/X360 (can't remember which) optimiser who's good at low level machine code on the CA website.

Well not saying rome will be the next one but the fact that someone from ca says its in the pipeline is good news, at least for me as i find the period of history of rome very interesting.

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

I like the idea of a new Rome game, because I love the ancient world and warfare best of all. I would love to see a Total War in a slightly earlier time period, set in the Middle East.

shame they will go back to rome and make rome2 tw. I had so much hopes for something very very new.

Is special place for suggestions to CA exists?

For those who want the best napoleonic battle game available, I present European Warfare: Napoleonica (mod based on the ACFB engine).

http://www.mastersofthefield.com/
    Screenshots:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

Meh. They're all quoting from the same comment, and the comment itself is far from conclusive. Given Scott Steinberg's remarks, he could just as easily have been referring to the next game CA's UK office is working on. In addition to which, I have a hard time believing they would do a Rome 2 so soon after Medieval 2 -- it would be far too unoriginal.
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone

Witch Smeller Persuivant Member Fate's Avatar

I'll be well peeved if they release R2TW.

Even though Rome is my favourite game of the lot, i just dont see the point in releasing it so soon after the original. I mean ATW didnt come out until last year.

CA should iron out all the M2TW bugs and sort a good series of expansions before thinking about heading into ANOTHER project! (One that is unsuprising and already done at that!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slug For A Butt
    Hmm... if the AI was programmed to emulate the most stupid Generals in history, that would explain a lot.

"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say "Ni" at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land! Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress at this point in time."

Yorkist Senior Member NagatsukaShumi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fate
    I'll be well peeved if they release R2TW.

Even though Rome is my favourite game of the lot, i just dont see the point in releasing it so soon after the original. I mean ATW didnt come out until last year.

CA should iron out all the M2TW bugs and sort a good series of expansions before thinking about heading into ANOTHER project! (One that is unsuprising and already done at that!)
    Creative Assemly will be ironing out bugs and concentrating on Kingdoms as it will most likely be the English office which produce the next game.

Companies need to keep produing new games, its how they make money, so I see nothing wrong with them moving on.
    RIP TosaInu
    Ja Mata

I hope that the next game will have a new setting, maybe the earliest Dark Ages from the fall of Western Rome at 476 to maybe 1066, India, the 14th to 16th centuary, China, pre-Columbus Mesoamerica or ancient pre-Persian Middle East. I sincely hope that CA does not intend to recycle the Medival and Rome setting over and over again. That would really be dull.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456