Thread: Questions.

Default Questions.

What all is required to play this The Hyborian Age: Total War mod???

Default Re: Questions.

Just a copy of Medieval 2: Total War, patched up to date. I *might* migrate over to Kingdoms if there are things that can be done there that can't be done in Medieval, but I don't forsee anything like that, so it'll likely stay on M2 for the first release.

"Know, O Prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the Sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world, like blue mantles beneath the stars...
    Is fhearr fheuchainn na bhith san duil.

Naked Game Fanatic Member Murfios's Avatar

Will there be elements of dark fantasy like zombies and werewolfs?

Oh hohoho, most certainly there shall. All manner of dark, twisted beings will make an appearance - werewolves, the undead, ghouls, vampires, demons, devils, and a ton of other nasties will feature.

I'll be making a special thread for these eldritch creatures soon, so watch this space.

"Know, O Prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the Sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world, like blue mantles beneath the stars...

Naked Game Fanatic Member Murfios's Avatar

I will. You have one more fan.

Cheers, and thanks for the balloon.

Smile Re: Questions.

Will you need any help as far as further information?
    Blackadder:"Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?"

https://skender.be/supportdenmark/#CS

I'm ok as far as information is concerned, but I always welcome contributions regarding content for the mod. I think I'll make a Suggestion box thread for anyone who would like to suggest anything.

A balloon for you too!

How come that only two of the factions have unite names in a non-English language? If lack regarding online dictionaries or free online translators is preventing you from giving all factions' names in a non-English language, I'd be happy to dig up resources for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkhal
    How come that only two of the factions have unite names in a non-English language? If lack regarding online dictionaries or free online translators is preventing you from giving all factions' names in a non-English language, I'd be happy to dig up resources for you.
    Pardon me? I wasn't aware I had any factions in non-English...

The Cimmerians and the Brythuians (sp?) have unite names that are in, to my understanding, Celtic of some sort. Not that there is anything wrong with it, as I like it.
    Last edited by Gurkhal; 07-03-2007 at 10:14.

Ah, I understand.

Well, the ethnic naming of units is a bit undecided at the moment: on the one hand I think it would add to the immersion to have the unit names in an ethnic tongue consistent with their (fictional) lineage. This is consistent with the canon: Kothic Voivodes, Shemite Asshuri, and the various titles, not to mention the various languages and accents(!) of each country.

I might eventually just have a compromise, with most units with English names for clarity and ease, and the more unique units with exotic names, kind of like in vanilla M2. I just did the Cimmerians and Brythunians in gaelic and welsh because I'm most familiar with those languages, but I would do similar things for other countries for flavour.

The Scourge of Rome Member Spartan198's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Taranaich
    Ah, I understand.

Well, the ethnic naming of units is a bit undecided at the moment: on the one hand I think it would add to the immersion to have the unit names in an ethnic tongue consistent with their (fictional) lineage. This is consistent with the canon: Kothic Voivodes, Shemite Asshuri, and the various titles, not to mention the various languages and accents(!) of each country.

I might eventually just have a compromise, with most units with English names for clarity and ease, and the more unique units with exotic names, kind of like in vanilla M2. I just did the Cimmerians and Brythunians in gaelic and welsh because I'm most familiar with those languages, but I would do similar things for other countries for flavour.
    Totally. Go with ethnic names for the unique units,but clearify the meanings as clearly as you can.
    My Greek Cavalry submod for RS 1.6a: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=368881

For Calvin and TosaInu, in a better place together, modding TW without the hassle of hardcoded limits. We miss you.