Page 42 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1609

Thread: Sengoku Jidai, Japanese interactive History

Default Re: Sengoku Jidai, Japanese interactive History

Orders received from: Otomo, Amako, Oda, Takeda, Uesugi, Hojo, Yamana and Miyoshi.

Waiting orders from Asai and Asakura.
    Last edited by Kagemusha; 02-21-2009 at 13:12.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Retired Senior Member Prince Cobra's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kagemusha View Post

Waiting orders from Yamana, Miyoshi, Asai, Asakura and Imagawa.

And Satake, I presume.
    R.I.P. Tosa...

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Asen View Post
    And Satake, I presume.
    Im controlling Satake as Tiberius is away.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In! My bro will send them in later today !

Default AW: Sengoku Jidai, Japanese interactive History

Everytime a raindrop falls onto the hard stone of Kagoshima castle, it looks like a little explosion. The tiny ball of water, drawn to maximum length by his long flight from his cloud of origin, bursts into a haze of infinitesimal water pearls, before being assimilated by the wet cover that lies on the solid stone wall.
    Running down the main tower, the water pearls may be able to witness the big event that was taking place that day in the front court. Shimazu Takahisa, Daimyô of Southern Kyûshû and head of the important Shimazu family, was about to give a public statement on the current political affairs to the town of Kagoshima. Still, his words would be carried even to the utmost edge of Mutsu and Dewa.
    It has been a long time for him to hold a public speech, but the aged warlord looked cold and resolute as always.
    "Samurai of Nippon!
    Long has my House not spoken in public. Long have our trusted allies, the Ôtomo, wielded the word of Kyûshû alone. Long have the Shimazu remaint silent and prefered action rather than talking. But the times are changing. In the past three years there has been to much talking that needs to be corrected. The mighty men of Kyûshû intended to do so by the Sword, but were pushed back by the massive alliance of the Chûgoku clans. These, supporting a man that claims to be the military ruler of all Nippon, speak with nice words and nice pictures, but communicate nothing but disrespect and madness. It is a Samurai's duty abolish this sort of regime as they are basing on lies and intrigues.
    I want every man in Nippon to know, that Kyûshû will not subordinate to people that have forgotten about our honourable origins. People that field teppo rather than the Sword, people that support a mortal fool in his campaign of overthrowing the free Daimyô of Nippon. People that do not show the adequate respect to the Tennô, but instead use him as a marionette of power!
    Be assured that the Blades of Kyûshû will drive these cadgers off of Honshû if they do not acknowledge that we do not submit to none but our free and divine Lord, Tenno Ōgimachi.
    Depose your mundane master and beg for forgiveness in front of our Divine Father.
    Thus speaks Shimazu Takahisa."

There was an uproar of approval among the townspeople. Most of the present Samurai still kept their composure. They knew about what was behind this statement. They knew that the promise their Lord had just given meant years of bloodshed, death and misery. Some of them were already looking forward to the fighting, others seemed unsure whether this was a reason to celebrate. The Samurai of Kyûshû had entered the Total War.

OOC: Consider this my debut, folks.

Waiting for orders of Asai and Asakura. All the others are in.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Some members need to get their inbox cleaned.

Still waiting for Asai orders.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Will be done now, apologies for the delay, i work long, awkward, hours over the weekend,
    In the absence of orders, find something and Kill it - Erwin Rommel

Quote Originally Posted by Ravie View Post
    Will be done now, apologies for the delay, i work long, awkward, hours over the weekend,
    No problems. Take your time.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

All done, sorry again for the delay. Any problems kage please pm me, or with any questions about tokugawa.

Chapter 15, Autumn 1563

Autumn wind of eve,
    blow away the clouds that mass
    over the moon's pure light
    and the mists that cloud our mind,
    do thou sweep away as well.
    Now we disappear,
    well, what must we think of it?
    From the sky we came.
    Now we may go back again.
    That's at least one point of view.

Death poem of

Hôjô Ujimasa
    1538-1590

Chapter 15

Harvest Season arrived this year like it had arrived before. Peasants gathered what there was left from rampaging armies, stored it and then their Lords took it a way, leaving barely enough for the peasants to survive.If the peasants were lucky.

In Nagato, the stand off between the Alliance of Mori, Amako and Yamana versus alliance of Otomo and Shimazu was about to end. On 1st of August the daimyos of three allied Clans gathered to the headquarters of Amako force.

Amako Yoshihisa stood at an end of a table, leaning over a map,in full brown laquered armour. On his left Yamana Toyosada, covered in black armour watched the same map with anxious expression on his face. On the right Mori Motoharu sat on a camp stool, wearing red armor with black lacings, tapping quitly the table with his fingers.

Lord Amako started.

"Tomorrow morning, before dawn this will end."

He pointed figures placed on the map with his horse whip and continued.

"Yamana. You will secure our left wing with most of your troops. Only your teppos will move to the right and join the Mori. Assign one of your retainers to command those forces. The main attack will come from our right and it will crush the left of the enemy. I will assign my teppos, third of my infantry and most of my cavalry to Mori, while i will hold center personally. You will command the left wing."

Lord Yamana looked at the Amako daimyo and started.

"Lord Amako. I would rather lead the attack. Nothing would satisfy me more then taking the head of Otomo Sorin myself..."

Amako Yoshihisa turned suddenly towards Lord Yamana and leaned forward closer to Toyosada, so that the Yamana Lord could feel the breath of Yoshihisa on his face. Lord Amako spoke with calm voice.

"No. This is a complex plan which has to be conducted with precision and carefully.There is no room for personal Ambition."

Lord Amako turned towards Mori Motoharu, who was still sitting and was observating the converstation between the two other daimyos carefully. Amako said to the Mori.

With mine and Yamana´s teppos. You can create a local firepower, so large that you can brake the extreme left of the enemy. When a gap appears you should pour our combined cavalries from that gap and roll their flank. From there you can commit general charge while me and Yamana will keep the enemy from escaping. Also Yamana should use those boats we have been gathering and send them as fire boats amongst the enemy navy to create chaos. Last, Lord Mori, you should deploy half of your cannons to my battlements. So we can bombard at the enemy all across the line."

Mori Motoharu stood up from his camp stool and pointed his finger towards the figures representing the enemy army.

" I think your plan is solid, lord Amako. I will deploy my forces as you say and just before first light we will commense our attack."

Amako Yoshihisa looked at lord Mori with a smile on his face and said to both men.

"Good. Then it is settled. May the buddha smile upon our plan."

Lords Mori and Yamana nodded in agreement. The two other daimyos left to their camps, while Lord Amako stood by the map for a while. Then with slow and carefull move he pushed the figures representing Otomo and Shimazu forces in to the sea area of the map, with his horse whip.

Around midnight all hell broke loose. Shimazu and Otomo had taken initiative even when the allied enemy force was confident that they would have it. The attack moment of Shimazu and Otomo was schedualed already to midnight, while their enemies were about to attack just before dawn.

During the evening, the allied Western forces manouvered according to plan of Amako. After night fall, the entire Shimazu force of 1700 acting as vanguard, together with 4700 Otomo forces, started creeping towards the left flank of the enemy. The camp of Yamana.

The Shimazu force was commanded by Shimazu retainer called Godai Katsuzaemon.Otomo forces were under Yoshioka Nagamasu. Otomo retainer Narimatsu Nobukatsu, commanded a 500 strong force within the Otomo army, which had direct orders from Otomo Sorin, to find and kill Yamana Toyosada if possible.

The guards of Yamana outposts in the small valley between the opposing forces were silenced by sudden arrows from Shimazu vanguard. Those ouuposts had been carefully observed by the Shimazu for days and as the outposts fell, the patrols between them were surprised and killed. Once the all clear signal came from the other side of the river, the Shimazu force crossed the small river which was floating peacefully in the bottom of the valley. Without further delay the Shimazu troops started moving uphill towards the Yamana position. At the same time, the Otomo force followed across the river. Once the Shimazu saw the fires from the Yamana watchtowers the force stopped, while the Otomo men started climbing the hillside behind them. Then suddenly large amounts of torches were lit in the forefront of Shimazu force and with a chilling roar the Shimazu Samurai and Ashigarus stormed into the Yamana position, throwing torches around them, setting tents and everything else which could be torched on fire. The Yamana guards could only shoot arrows from their towers and bang drums and blow into conch shells, sounding alarm to the sleeping men. But as the Yamana warriors stumbled out from their tents, or woke up under the starlight sky, Shimazu warriors were upon them , stabbing, slashing, cutting the confused men to death.

Soon also the Otomo contingent had reached the Yamana camp. Narimatsu Nobukatsu roared at his men.

" Get Toyosada! I want his head!"

As Narimatsu´s men moved towards the center of the camp, where Yamana daimyos living quarters were located, other Otomo warriors turned few cannons towards the Amako camp in the center and fired upon it.

The same time loud noises started all along the Otomo lines and it could be seen that the troops all along the line started marching right towards their own right flank which was opposite to Yamana positions.

Lord Amako had a ruud awakening, when a cannon ball struck near his tent. A messenger yelled outside.

"My Lord! My Lord. cannon fire from Yamana positions!"

Amako Yoshihisa rushed out from his tent in full armor only to witness the fires in the Yamana camp and muzzle flashes from cannons shooting at his own position from that direction, striking cannon ball around his position.

Yoshihisa ordered with strong voice.

"Messenger! Order to the reserves at left. To the Yamana camp with double quick!"

At the right side Mori Motoharu had also been awaken and he was trying his best to make sense of the situation. retainers around him from Amako, Yamana and his own men were all yelling and shouting to each others mouth, about what the best course of action would be. After a moment Lord Mori stood up and roared.

"Silence! I dont know what i should make of this, but we wont stand idle. Commander of Amako forces! Take your men and join your Lord . He will give you further instructions! Yamana commander! Take your men and go find out, what the hell is happening in your camp! All the teppos will stay with me. Mori Army! General advance towards the coast!"

Meanwhile Yamana Toyosada tried to gather his faltering army rallying his men as best he could, but as soon as he was able to regain some cohesion. Narimatsus 500 Otomo warriors charged his headquarters.

Amako warriors deployed as reserve behind Yamana camp, were climbing the steep hill to the camp. When they were almost at the top, the Shimazu vanguard crashed at them. The weight of the enemy charging downhill shattered the reserve troops and they fled to any direction they could.

At the Amako camp. Yoshihisa ordered so that a light screening force would be left to the center facing towards the coast, while the Majority of Amako army started marching towards their left, to save what could be saved from the Yamana.

Mori vanguard moved over the hills unopposed and got a view to the shore. There some of the Otomo army had already embarked their ships, while majority of the army was standing deep in the water, waiting to be picked up by the ships. As the Mori vanguards mounted warriors reached the shore, they were met with a barrage of teppo fire from the ships, mauling both men and horses. It seemed that the men armed with firearms had been the first ones to board the ships and they were staying near the beach to cover their comrades.

Mori Motoharu spend no time pondering the situation and commanded his own teppos to the front. Soon all over his front a shout was yelled.

"Utteeee!!!" And the allied muskets started shooting at the mostly immobile Otomo troops in the water, while the Otomo teppos concentrated their fire on the enemy shooters."

Meanwhile in the Yamana camp, the Hatamoto of Yamana Toyosada were fighting to the death defending their master, while the Otomo troops attacked towards Toyosada relentlesly. Yamana daimyo was already struck by an arrow to the shoulder as his men created a wall of flesh, taking hits from arrows aimed at their lord.

One by one, Yamana warriors died defending their master and he had to draw his own sword to defend himself, despite of the injured shoulder. When it seemed nothing could be done to prevent the Otomo troops from over running the Yamana headquarters. His retainers started shouting at him.

"Please My Lord, save yourself! Mount up and withdraw. We can hold the Otomo dogs for a little while!"

Yamana Toyosada looked at them with expression of despise on his face and shouted.

"Id rather die here then run in face of the enemy! Fight men, kill the enemy!"

But at the last minute the mounted Yamana samurais rode into the camp, into the back of the Otomo. Narimatsu Nobukatsu was one of the first ones to fall from a stab of Yari spear on his back.

Soon after Amako vanguard also appeared on the camp and started hacking down the remaining Otomo and Shimazu men. At the beaches, the first light was starting to appear and the teppo fire started mellowing down, while blasts of cannon still scored few hits on the Otomo ships, which were steering to the Sea, carrying many of the Otomo army. The rest of them floated on the shores of the beach. Without any griefs of this world bothering their souls.

At a nearby hill Shimazu retainer Godai Katsuzaemon, took one last look towards the smoking hill that was once the camp of Yamana and hurried after his men, whom were marching with all speed towards Suo province. While Narimatsu Nobukatsu´s men had assaulted Yamana headquarters. The majority of Shimazu and Otomo men had pushed straight through the Yamana camp and continued their forced march, with a small hope of survival blinking in back of their heads.

On the morning after the battle, scouts and cavalry were sent after the Shimazu and Otomo forces marching South. In order to locate and harass them.

On the beach, the allied daimyos were gathered with some other high ranking retainers. Yamana Toyosada was also present, while injured to his shoulder.
    In the center of the group was Mori Motoharu´s 15 year old son, Motonaga. Motoharu addressed his son with loud voice that everyone could hear.

"My son. Now you have witnessed war and i have decided that here today, we will have your coming of age ceremony.
    As you witnessed during last night. War is a tricky beast and battles dont go as planned, no matter how good the plan might be. With these lessons learned last night and the continuous lessons given by my brother, Kobayakawa Takakage, who have acted as your Guardian from a newborn. I think the time for you to become a man has come."

Next Kobayakawa Takakage, brother of Motoharu spoke.

After the death of our beloved father. I have acted as heir of the Mori Clan. Today i will step down from that position and Motonaga will take my place, as the future Lord of Mori, once my older brother retires, which i hope does not happen soon."

Takakage set an headwear of adult, to the head of Motonaga and turned towards the men gathered around them.

"I present to you the new Mori heir, Mori Motonaga!"

In the Kuyshu the workshops and docks were working day and night as new ships were constructed like never before. Ships with Shimazu Mons on their sails were being released from docks all over Kyushu on daily basis.

At Shikoku, the relative calm and peaceful situation continued.

In Kyoto, Miyoshi Chokei watched his armies depart to various missions with his son. The Kanrei said to his son, who listened carefully of the words of his father.

“This is it, my son. The time to decide the fate of the Shogunate has come. Today, I have just received the news that my former master Hosokawa Harumoto died in the monastery he was exiled. I will pray for his soul because despite his weaknesses, he was a noble warrior. But I had no other choice. Many blame on me that I have betrayed my master. In fact, it was the Hosokawa that betrayed the Shogunate many years ago. Their intrigues and feuds knew no limits and had no ends. I could also never forget they were the reason for the death of my father. “The Kanrei fixed again his sight on his departing army and smiled” It is as it was yesterday when I won my greatest victory against the Hosokawa. We will see if we can win this one."

Next happened what could have been described as cross marching of several armies. On August 1st Kitabatake Tomonori, who had been under a false name acting as the commander of bodyguard unit of Miyoshi princess. Revealed himself publically and started marching towards Ise with all speed, in head of 2700 men.

Meanwhile Asai forces from Iga, with 2000 Iga warriors started a speed march towards Owari. 800 additional warriors was dispatched from Ise, Anotsu castle to reinforce the army marching towards Owari.

At the same time Miyoshi force of 8800 men with 3 cannons was dispatched towards Ise under Iwanari Tomomichi, while Saito send patrols to the border of Mikawa, in order to find out if Tokugawa Ieyasu were marching out from there. Which was true.

At Mikawa.While Imagawa concentrated on defending their new conquest. Takeda troops under Yamamoto Kansuke started combing the countryside in order to find the Tokugawa force. Ieyasu wasted little time and started marching towards Owari.

On August 15th the Asai Army reached the border of Owari, where they were reinforced with 800 men from Anotsu castle. The force numbering now about 6000 men Entered Owari under the personal leadership of Asai Nagamasa. Soon after entering the province. The Asai army stumbled in the scouts of Miyoshi. The Iga men screening the Asai army made short work of most of Miyoshi scouts, but some returned and reported to Iwanari Tomomichi.

It was hard to say the exact number of the Asai force, but the scouts thought it could not be much more then 10 000. Asai has intentionally put lot of large flags of his own and allied troops in sight, to make his force look larger.

Meanwhile in Southern coast of Ise. Miyoshi navy landed a force of 4600 men, while Kitabatake Tomonori marched behind the Asai army straight towards Anotsu. He dispatched scouts to East but soon learned that there was a Asai army between him and Owari. Nevertheless as he was aware of the Miyoshi landing he continued to Anotsu. At the same time the Miyoshi force marched from the coast and the two forces met near Anotsu castle on 19th and laid siege to the castle immediately. After initial probes. It seemed that the enemy did not have much more then 2000 men in the castle, while the combined force under Kitabatake was little less then 7500. But Kitabatake had no cannons, as Asai was blocking the way of his reinforcement army from Owari.

At Owari. The two armies came on sight at each other on a large plain in Western Owari. Miyoshi deployed in battle formation and started pounding the Asai army with its few cannons. After a half a day of skirmishing and cannon bombardment, Iwanari was sure that the enemy army was not larger then 6000. He had a dilemma in his hands. He had direct orders from Kanrei to do anything necessary in order to support Kitabatake´s assault to Anotsu. If he would retreat to Kiyosu. It would allow the Asai army to turn South and attack Kitabatake to the rear. If he stayed put, Tokugawa could march to his back. The Miyoshi commander came to an conclusion and said first on softer voice.

"Attack."

Then as his sub commanders turned towards him he yelled with loud and determined voice.

"Attack!!"

His sub commanders bowed their heads and went to their directions. Soon after all along the Miyoshi line commands were shouted.

"Utteee!!! Hanateee!!!"

Cannon balls, musket balls and arrows started flying with rapid speed to Asai army. Asai Nagamasa understood quickly that the enemy was for real. He thought in his head.

"This was supposed to be a diversion. Enemy outnumbers us and he has cannon. I cant commit to an battle now."

With fast orders Asai Lord ordered a fighting withdraval, while a 2000 strong rear guard tried to hold the enemy in place under command of Isono Kazumasa, buying time for the rest of the army to withdraw.

Asai warriors did as they were ordered and were able to disengage from the battle. As soon as they were clear, the withdrawing turned into a forced march to the direction of Ise. While the Miyoshi force made a short work of the Asai rearguard, by surrounding and annihilating it.

The same day Tokugawa Ieyasu crossed the border to Owari. He had been skirmishing with the mounted vanguard units of Takeda, but the enemy had failed to pin his army down yet. His scouts reported that Saito patrols were harassing them and there was no doubt that the enemy knew that he was at Owari. Ieyasu gave direct orders to continue marching towards Ise, without any further delays.

After finishing off the rear guard of Asai. Miyoshi forces started rapidly marching towards Ise as they were ordered by Kanrei. The Asai army had the same direction in front of them and soon the rear elements of Asai and vanguard of Miyoshi had their first skirmishes. After three days the forward scouts of Asai reached Anotsu. When the first raiders appeared to the vicinity of castle. The sight was clear. Corpses were lying all around near the walls and once the first few men approached the castle. A hail of arrows and lead was the only greeting for them. It was obvious that Kitabatake had taken the castle.

Once Asai Nagamasa heard the news he was enraged.

"Damn i have a Miyoshi army breathing down my neck, while the enemy has taken my castle! Damned wretches!"

He asked the scouts, what the estimate of the enemy force in castle was. The answer was that it was hard to say, but not many thousend. After a short period of thinking. Nagamasa made his decision.

"The army turns to the North after turn to the West. We are going home. If Miyoshi wants a battle, let it be in our home domain, near our allies."

But after few days of march. For the amazement of Nagamasa, Miyoshi force did not follow him, but instead marched straight to Anotsu. There Kitabatake had already received good news from Shima. Apparently Asai had left the small province un garrisoned and the local Kitabatake loyalist and peasants had killed all the Asai officials, thus Shima was back in the hands of Kitabatake also.

On August 30th, As the Asai army was about to move into Omi. They met with Tokugawa scouts. Ieyasu had been able to march through Owari, while he had been under the constant harassment of Saito forces. The Takeda force had stopped on the border of Mikawa and Owari.

After a day of march towards Odani castle. The Asai capital, a messenger from Odani galloped to the Asai camp, like he was chased by Demons. He reported to Asai Nagamasa.

"My Lord! 10 000 strong Miyoshi army has besieged Odani. The fortress is holding for now."

Tokugawa Ieyasu, who was standing next to Asai Nagamasa, took a step back and his face looked like if his jaw had dropped. Asai Nagamasa grabbed his forehead and bowed down it, without saying a word.

In Kaga, Asakura Yoshikage did his utmost best to prepare to defend Kaga as best he could. Scouts had been dispatched to every direction. Foraging parties were sent all over Kaga to gather any provisions for the Asakura army they could find. The main army worked to repair Otama Kobo castle any way they could, but Yoshikage understood that in its current state, Otama Kobo was not the fortification it once was.

At 1st of August, the enemy of Asakura, Oda Nobunaga gave his orders. Leaving only the garrison force under Toyotomi Hideyoshi behind. The entire allied army under Nobunaga started marching towards Kaga. North from Kaga, Shiina Yasutane moved out from his Matsukura castle in Western Etchu, with army of 5000 men. Their direction was Noto, where Hatakeyama army numbering almost 4000 men waited anxiously, so the combined force could move to Kaga.

On the 3rd of August, the mounted Vanguard of Oda army appeared at Kaga, numbering about 1000 men. These scouts started engaging Asakura foraging parties and soon Asakura Yoshikage gave orders to stop foraging and the Asakura army withdrew to Otama Kobo. With the gathered supplies, they were positive that they could last atleast two seasons. Surely their allies would come during Spring and drive the enemy away.

After few days. The main enemy force arrived from the South, instead of immediately besieging the castle. The Oda army took a defensive position from a nearby hill, sending only mounted parties to harass any movement from in and out from the castle.

After additional week, the reason for Oda behaviour became evident, as about 9000 strong Shiina and Hatakeyama army marched in from the North. Carefully the two forces approached the castle and laid siege to it.
    Asakura Yoshishige did not like how the events were unravelling. Instead of facing 25 000 enemies, the number of enemies had grown to almost 34 000 men. Yoshikage understood that with those numbers the enemy could launch an assault and be successful in it.

For an week, the siege ring of allied armies was like a beehive, as they build ladders and portable shiedls for the assault.
    On 23rd of August, drums and conchshells signalled the start of an assault.

The forces of Oda, Asai, Hatakeyama, Shiina and Otomo rushed against the walls like multicolored wave, with different coloured Sashimonos and Nobori flags waving in the air as the troops rushed against the defenders. The Asakura defenders fought fiercely and pushed the attackers back on everywhere else, but a section of walls, particularly damaged.
    There Nobunaga had gathered all the allied teppos and the covering fire was so fierce that any defender crazy enough to raise his head over the wall was shot immediately and the shooting holes on the Asakura side of the wall were pouring led, making the defenders unable to return fire effectively.

A hand picked force of Oda warriors stormed the section with the support of the Teppos and soon Asakura had no choice but to abandon the outer ring of walls. The allied troops did their best to catch Asakura warriors behind their advance, but Yoshikage ordered majority of his own muskets to delay the enemy and crossing the courtyards became deadly affair for the attackers as their numbers did little good for them in the confined hallways.

Nevertheless when the night fall came, Asakura ordered last of his men inside the inner wall and the fighting ended for the day.

Next morning started with heavy rain of arrows to the inner bailey. Asakura officer carried a note to his Lord which had been wrapped to the majority of the arrows. Yoshikage read the note.

"We do not hold a grudge against the common man serving in the ranks of the Asakura. We hold only Lord Asakura responsible for his aggression and the acts committed in his name. Hence, all who willingly surrender to our forces will be spared and allowed to return to their families and fields in Echizen. If you have doubts of our integrity, I will remind you that the Kitabatake family was saved, spared and returned to Kyoto on my command. Be wise, there is no need for you to die for this lord of yours, who has led you into this trap. Additionally we will reward the man, that delivers the head of Asakura Yoshikage to me, with 200 koku."

After reading the message through. Asakura Yoshikage said, half to himself and half to the surrounding retainers.

"I see. Well i guess the time has come."

An hour or so after the last arrows had flown to the inner bailey. The Asakura army was gathered to the inner courtyard, only leaving guards to the walls.

Before entering a platform erected on the middle of the yard. Yoshikage spoke with his leading retainer, Kawai Yoshimune. Lord Asakura smiled to his old friend and spoke.

"Yoshimune. I have one last task for you. Your task is to stay alive."

Yoshikage handed his helmet and short sword to Kawai and continued.

"Here is my Wakizashi and my helmet. When the assault starts. I want you to ride through Oda lines with 100 hand picked warriors. Ride to Mino, without looking back and give these items to my bride. Tell her that i am deeply saddened for making her widow, before even getting married. Also give my regards to my allies and tell them to avenge me and my Clan. I am sorry that i could not help more in destruction of Asai, Oda, Hatakeyama and the rest of those wretches.
    If i have any last wish. That is to have Asai Nagamasa to put to sword along all his family. Traitors pay is death."

Kawai Yoshimune understood that there was no arguing about the issue. For one last time he looked at the determined eyes of his master and bowed down his head. Yoshikage set his armored hand on the shoulder of his long time friend, kep it there for a second and then walked onwards to the yard, where the Asakura army was waiting for their Lord.

Yoshikage walked to the yard in full arms together with his top retainers. All of them were bare headed and had only a white cloth wrapped to their heads. On the cloth, each had their name written on it.
    Asakura Yoshikage walked on the platform, raised the message of Oda high to the air and started with loud voice, each man could hear.

" MEN! Here is the message of Nobunaga! If some of you have not yet read it. I will tell you what it says! In this paper Oda Nobunaga offers 200 Koku from my head! He also says to you that he holds no grudge towards any of you, except me! If there is any man who wants to surrender or take my head, please step forward!

The whole army stood in complete silence and not a single soul stepped forward. Lord Asakura continued.

" Men! I am tired of hiding! I am tired of waiting for our enemies to slowly grind us to death! I am not afraid of death! These dogs have already killed my wife and children, butchered my family! They have taken your homes and ravaged you wives! I have nothing anymore in this world of suffering and i would like nothing better then leaving this misery of life and joining my ancestors and my family on the other side! Live with them for eternity, without worries of this sad and cruel word!"

"Men! It has been honour to command you! Honour to bleed together with you for all these years! I could have never asked for better men to fight alongside with! Now on this final moment i say to you! Why die like cowards??!! Behind these walls, when we can go out and show Nobunaga and his henchmen how real men die!!!!

Without pausing Lord Asakura yelled from the top of his lungs.

DEATHHH!!!, DEATHHH!!!

The whole army joined the morbid warcry and the officers on the walls signalled the Asakura teppos and bows to fire at the enemy, while the inner gates of the fortress flew open from the way of the charging Asakura army.

Oda sentinels died where they stood and the gates of the outer walls were opened. Sounds of alarm screeched all along the besiegers camp, while samurais and Ashigrus grapped their weapons rushing to fight the sallying enemies. The allied commanders whipped their soldiers to formations as the Asakura poured upon like wild animals shouting their warcry.

"DEATHH!! DEATH!!!"

From the front gate, Lord Asakura raged onward with his closest men. Infront of him was the Oda camp. The slaughter was terrible, as the Asakura army cut their way into the numerically superior Oda force, while the Asakura teppos and archers poured led and arrows amongst them after they had retaken the outer walls.

In the midst of the battle Asakura Yoshikage roamed like a demon. trading blows from horse back to the left and right. Nobunaga sat on his camp stool like a stone, while his sub commanders gathered more men to push back Asakura. Steadily the Asakura pushed forwards, while a detachment of their cavalry pushed through the lines.

With the intensifying Oda resistance, each meter Asakura men fell. Yoshikage now fighting on foot after his horse had been shot under him continued towards the Oda Headquarters, stabbing with his spear like a mad man. Soon Lord Asakura lost his spear after parrying a sword blow, which cut it on two halves. Arrows were sticking out from his armour, but relentlesly he continued fighting. Oda Ashigaru stabbed his spear on the stomach of Yoshikage and he could feel the burn on his stomach, while blood ran under his armour. Lord Asakura slashed the shaft of the spear with his sword and continued, like nothing had hit him. While most of his retainers laid on the ground, without their heads. Still the Asakura army pushed on, with less and less men.

In the end. Asakura Yoshikage met his destiny right after he got the peronal standard of Oda Nobunaga to his sight. His stomach bleeding and countless arrows in his flesh he tried to hack his way to the Uma Jirushi of Oda Nobunaga.

In front of the Asakura daimyo, Teppos of Nobunagas Hatamoto fired an salvo, killing most of the men around Yoshikage instantly. Yoshikage dropped on his knees, his armour penetrated by dozen musket balls. He struck his katana on the sand and slowly rose up on his feet. He could not feel any pain anymore. The noices of the battle became muted as Lord Asakura looked in front of him. He saw how an Oda Samurai walked towards him, mempo on his face, which made him look like a demon. Holding Katana with both hands the Oda Samurai walked towards Yoshikage. With his last breath Asakura Yoshikage smiled to the samurai in front of him and whispered from his mouth filled of his own blood.

" Good death."

The Oda samurai nodded his head to the Asakura Lord and raised his sword. That was the last thing Asakura Yoshikage saw in this world.

The carnage was devastating. During the hours after mid day. The last Asakura men inside the castle, sat it on fire, creating a huge funeral pyre to the Lord Asakura Yoshikage.

The surviving allied troops sat on the ground where they were, completely exhausted from the bloody work of the day. Majority of the allied army together with the Asakura army laid dead or dying on the field.

On the 4th of September, few exhausted riders appeared to Inabayama castle. In the main hall Saito Yoshitatsu with Natsuki, daughter of Miyoshi Chokei greeted their guests.

Kawai Yoshimune kneeled down in front of the two and took the helmet and Wakizashi of Asakura Yoshikage out of their wrappings. As the Miyoshi bride broke down in tears. Saito Yoshitatsu listened the last wishes of Lord Asakura, while holding the Miyoshi bride in his arms.

In Shinano, Uesugi forces started suddenly marching North. On the morning of August 27th, Uesugi army had disappeared from the vicinity of Takeda. Takeda Shingen ordered his scouts to locate the Uesugi and to prepare for attack the Uesugi rear guard, if they were on march somewhere. After few leaks. The Takeda scouts spotted the Uesugi encampment on a steep hill.

Shingen ordered that no attack should be made, but instead he took the crossings of Tedorigawa river and moved his main army on the North Side of the river, in the vicinity of Uesugi Kenshins army. After few days, Uesugi started firing with cannons on the Takeda positions below them. Ten cannons started drumming the Takeda positions, creating casualties.

After a day of bombardment, Takeda Shingen ordered his army to withdraw back to the Southern side of Tedorigawa. Uesugi followed and continued bombarding the Takeda positions for the remainder of the season. Shingen made his best to keep the casualties down, by posting very light screens near the Uesugi. It seemed that with the new cannons, Uesugi had gained a small edge to the stand off between them and Takeda in Shinano.

In the Hojo domain.The armies of Satake and Satomi had been waging a fierce artillery duel with the cannons of Kawagoe castle.Hojo Genan, the governor of Musashi province and 69 year old veteran of countless campaigns, watched above as the Satomi and Satake gunners run around their cannons, carrying ammo, loading and firing their weapons. After standing up from ducking a close hit, Genan talked to one of his sub commanders, with frustrated voice.

" Damned wretches. Each time i get this castle together from ruble. These sons of female dogs come and blast it back to pieces. Id like nothing better then if my nephew would allow us permission to make a counter visit and throw few cannon balls to their walls."

The following night, a messenger woke up the old Hojo warhorse from his futon in the middle of the night. Like all old men, Genan was not particularly happy about someone interfering the short sleep he could get with his advanced age, but the messenger convinced the Hojo general to follow him to the battlements of Kawagoe. There a captain of the guardshift pointed his finger to the East and said.

" My Lord. Something is not definetely right."

Genan rubbed last sleep dust from his eyes and looked at the Eastern Horizon. There he saw fires lighting more and more east, as the villages of eastern Musashi were put on fire. The horizon looked like if it was filled of candle lights here and there. Genan snarled between his lips.

" And if wrecking my castle was not enough."

The old Hojo general watched the fires for few seconds and commanded.

" Messenger! Word to Odawara. Our guests have decided to leave before the party really started."

In the far North, time was running out from Nanbu. In the Date camp, the atmosphere was anxious as men were waiting for the long siege to end. The feeling was mutual with the Satake and Satomi men, who were long way from home. On the 15th of September man came out from Mito castle, under the flag of truce and was allowed to pass through the besiegers pickets.

The man was guided next to a large tent. There he waited for an audience for a quite bit of time. The guards looked at his terrible state, with no sympathy on their face at all.

After a period of time the Nanbu messenger was escorted inside the curtains carrying the Mon of Date Clan. There he met Date Harumune, Lord of Sendai.

The messenger kneeled before the Date daimyo and put his hand inside his garments. The guards tried to rush forward, but Harumune stopped them with a gesture of his hand. The messenger pulled out a beautifully decorated Wakizashi, short sword and started speaking.

" This is the sword of my Lord Nanbu Harumasa. After consideration and discussion with his retainers. He has understood that it was mistake to ever invade the Date domain and he aknowledges that he cant coupe against the power of Date and their Leader, Lord Date Harumune.
    With these conclusions he wishes to surrender. Leaving his own life, lives of his Clan and his lands to hands of Lord of Sendai, Date Harumune. He sends his sword to you and offers it to you as sword of retainer to the mighty Clan. Or if lord Date decides so. He will cut open his stomach with it and pay the prize of his insolence. So speaks Nanbu Harumasa."

Silence fell to yhe Date headquarters. Harumune stared at the short sword for a while and then replied.

" Tell your Lord that i will accept the surrender of Mito castle tomorrow morning. Take his sword back to him. I will decide its faith at later point of time."

Next morning. The allied army stood in full armor,infront of Mito castle. With polished armour and flags flying over their heads. the men of Date, Satake and Satomi stood at absolute silence.
    It seemed like the time had stopped as all the eyes, that could see it, gazed at the massive wooden gate of Mito.
    Suddenly a large noise came out of the hinges of the gate, as it started to open, slowly but steadily.

Once the gate was fully open. Nanbu Harumasa rode out from the gate. Man of 46 years old, he seemed like a old man. While dressed in elaborate armour. The Nanbu Daimyo looked miserable as he slowly started moving through a gap between the enemy forces.

After him a ghastly line of men, women and children poured out. Samurais and Ashigarus were throwing their weapons to piles made on both sides of the gates, as they slouched forwards, wounded, starving and demoralized.

The defenders looked more like ghosts of dead people then living souls, as their skeletal appearances moved forwards in the vicinity of Date Harumune. Who stood still mounted, in fully black armour near the gates. He did not turn his eyes towards the Nanbu Lord, or any other one coming out from the castle. Lord Date gazed somewhere in the distance, without any hint of emotion on his face.

Finally the last wounded and dead were carried out from the castle, by Date Ashigarus. A retainer signalled to Harumune that the castle was ready to be entered. Lord Date turned his horse towards the gate and without any hurry rode into the castle, with his closest retainers. As he entered from the castle gate a cheer, loud like thunder started outside as the army started cheering with a note started by the sub commanders. Date Harumune could here it clearly.

"Hei, Hei, Hoooooo!!! Hei, Hei. Hoooo!!!! Hei, Hei, Hoo!!!!

And with that loud sound of Cheer in his ears, Date Harumune stopped his horse and dismounted next to the Main Donjon of Mito. His Mito.

I will send the situation reports to the players as soon as possible. Everybody should have theirs at latest tomorrow evening.
    Last edited by Kagemusha; 02-22-2009 at 22:41.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Defender Troll Member Revolting Friendship's Avatar

Not this day Toyosada, not at this place.
    None the less, the death of my brave vassal Norimatsu Nobukatsu stings me no less, I'm sure, than that wound to your shoulder. I wish that I could have died beside him, chasing your head. I grieve greatly over this. But I did not have time to die on that beach. I have much left to do before my time in this life is over.

OOC:
    Awesome chapter Kage. Could hardly read it from all the excitement.
    Last edited by Revolting Friendship; 02-22-2009 at 22:24.
    lol

Awesome :)

Thanks guys. I would recommend with it: A small measure of peace from Hans Zimmer, for music. Atleast thats what i was listening while writing it.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Map updated:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    lol

Announcement from Ashikaga Shogunate

The Shogunate grieves of the loss of the Shugo of Echizen, Asakura Yoshikage. A loyal and brave servant of the Shogunate is gone, killed by rebels. With this proclamation, 1st of October is declared as day of mourning and sorrow flags are to be set all over Kyoto.

The Shogun ask´s for any forces loyal to the Shogunate to avenge the death of our loyal servant.

Ashikaga Yoshiteru
    13th Ashikaga shôgun
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

What a wonderfully bloody chapter Kage!
    Friendship, Fun & Honour!

"The Prussian army always attacks."
    -Frederick the Great

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AggonyDuck View Post
    What a wonderfully bloody chapter Kage!
    Indeed, the growing power of the Date can't be denied.

To Miyoshi Chokei

The bloodletting of this autumn
    was a prelude of that to come,
    as the cherry blossoms of Japan
    will run crimson at the rise
    of this sanguine Spring sun.

Oda Nobunaga
    Last edited by AggonyDuck; 02-23-2009 at 00:25.

-Frederick the Great

Blog Entries

Words can not express my grief,
    for my fortune was robbed by a thief.
    But the enemy shall pay
    and I will expect this day.

Miyoshi Chokei, Kanrei
    R.I.P. Tosa...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Revolting Friendship View Post
    Not this day Toyosada, not at this place.
    None the less, the death of my brave vassal Norimatsu Nobukatsu stings me no less, I'm sure, than that wound to your shoulder. I wish that I could have died beside him, chasing your head. I grieve greatly over this. But I did not have time to die on that beach. I have much left to do before my time in this life is over.

OOC:
    Awesome chapter Kage. Could hardly read it from all the excitement.
    Oh of course Sorin, I know you was to much of a coward to stay and fight. You are a coward, besides being a rebel. I am still alive, and happliy for me, at least your vassal was killed. So I am somewhat happy.

We will fight one day, now, no, but one day Sorin.

Lord Yamana Toyosada

Blog Entries

Post Re: Sengoku Jidai, Japanese interactive History

I, Kanrei of Nippon, appeal for the aid or condolnces for my loss from any daimyo that still considers himself to be loyal of the Shogunate or hesitates which side in the present conflict to take. My own daughter was left as widow by the rebel called Oda Nobunaga and the scum of a dog called Asai Nagamasa. I will accept and will not forget anybody who decides to give his hand to the Miyoshi in this hour of need.

Miyoshi Chokei

This could be also done via pm.
    Last edited by Prince Cobra; 02-23-2009 at 17:02.
    R.I.P. Tosa...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Asen View Post
    I, Kanrei of Nippon, appeal for the aid or condolnces for my loss from any daimyo that still considers himself to be loyal of the Shogunate or hesitates which side in the present conflict to take. My own daughter was left as widow by the rebel called Oda Nobunaga and the scum of a dog called Asai Nagamasa. I will accept and will not forget anybody who decides to give his hand to the Miyoshi in this hour of need.

Miyoshi Chokei

I am deeply sadded Kanrei. Oda, Otomo,Asai Nagamasa and their rebels allies must be brought to justice. I, Lord Yaman Toyosada am still loyal to the Shogunate and will help deafet these dogs anyway I can. I am sure Lord Amako, Mori and Ukita feel the same!

May Budda Damn them!

Lord Yamana Toyosada

You ought to be ashamed of yourself, Kenshin. Such a sly and dishonorable move, you should know better. If you wish to engage with my army, have the courage to perform it traditionally like old times. Despite your insolence, I see you have taken this fight to the next level, I look forward to our next battles, that is, if you are still the Dragon of Echigo that I knew.

Takeda Shingen, Daizen-Daibu

Oh of course Sorin, I know you was to much of a coward to stay and fight. You are a coward, besides being a rebel.
    I'm brave enough to be called a coward for doing what I had to do. I will not risk the stability of my clan by dying needlessly. That is not courage, that is not virtue, that is waste and idiocy. I have other responsibilities than wielding my spear, no matter how much I wish to do it.

One day I may be in a situation where I have no other choice. This was not one of those days, but trust me when I say that I long for it.

Ôtomo Sorin
    lol

Blog Entries

Yes Sorin, that what you will say time and time after time again.

We will see if your comment is true or not.

Lord Yamana Toyosada

Letter from Saito

I am mortified, because of the loss of my friend Asakura Yoshikage and to certain extent, it is sad that he gave his life during events that caused him to come to my aid. Asakura Yoshikage was a man of honour. When his long time ally and as he thought, friend, Asai Nagamasa allied with Oda and started ravaging the Kinai. Asakura stood firm and honoured his alliances. Honoured to the extent that he gave his life to honour those alliances. I will take a lesson from him and swear, that as long as my heart beats. I will not rest until the heads of Oda Nobunaga and Asai Nagamasa, will rot on pikes. Every day i shall pray for the death of those two, from war God Bishamonten.

Saito Yoshitatsu
    Lord of Mino and Owari
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Asakura brought his fate upon himself and you, Kanrei, chose to wage a war against me and my allies. Asakura felt threatened by me and my alliance with Asai Nagamasa, and decided to attack me while I was vulnerable. Now he has paid the price. As to you, Miyoshi Chokei, I hope you are prepared to sacrifice the things you hold dear, because no victory over me will be cheaply purchased, as my many enemies have already witnessed.

As to the other daimyo of Japan, once this conflict is over the victor will be mortally wounded and you will have the chance to perform the coup de grâce.

Oda Nobunaga

-Frederick the Great

Im sorry. You guys, except Shimazu, have to wait for your situation reports until tomorrow evening. Im too tired to write them today.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Page 42 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast