Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Europa Barbarorum 2 questions

EB Traitor Member BozosLiveHere's Avatar

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum 2 questions

CA will probably just use the free slots they've already left there, meaning I don't expect the limit to increase.

Awesome and logical that'll it be on Kingdoms, so many features, and since im a "smart" geek in that i wait for the complete collection is bundled AND at half price, well itll be nice to use the Kingdom CD as well. :)

Is there anyone who can shed light on the diplomacy of the M2TW game?

What to expect ?

Something among the lines of the ( virtually non existent ) diplomacy of RTW ?

I haven't played more than 13-14 hours M2TW . I do not yet own the game , though I owned the English as the Scots .

Satyros
    Smell the battle in the wind, before you see us.Winterhorde of furyride, the wind will lead us.

It appears that there are specific files dealing with campaign AI, and diplomacy. Whether or not these are in fact moddable, I don't know. Hopes are they can be modded - there are concepts of what could be added out there already. (IIRC in the Medieval Auctoriso previews.)

But again, I am not sure about how much EB2 will actually be able to change. Vanilla M2TW diplomacy = RTW diplomacy + demeanour, oh and even more agression towards the human player.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Allow me to answer in my mother tongue (though translated).

*looks down *

Ahhh , mother !

Satyros

P.S. : Hope you can do something about it . Poor human player ....
    Smell the battle in the wind, before you see us.Winterhorde of furyride, the wind will lead us.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellos Athenaios
    It appears that there are specific files dealing with campaign AI, and diplomacy. Whether or not these are in fact moddable, I don't know. Hopes are they can be modded - there are concepts of what could be added out there already. (IIRC in the Medieval Auctoriso previews.)

But again, I am not sure about how much EB2 will actually be able to change. Vanilla M2TW diplomacy = RTW diplomacy + demeanour, oh and even more agression towards the human player.
    M2TW diplomacy is pretty much moddable. While we can't create new options, like the much desired 'get off my lands!!!', we can completely reshape the AI's attitude towards the player's and other factions' actions.

Quote Originally Posted by BozosLiveHere
    M2TW diplomacy is pretty much moddable. While we can't create new options, like the much desired 'get off my lands!!!', we can completely reshape the AI's attitude towards the player's and other factions' actions.
    Oh right, so you'll be able to make AI factions concentrate on something in particular (e.g making Baktria's goal always to hinder Arche Seleukeia's progress as much as possible, and unite with anyone it can in order to achieve that goal)?
    Last edited by I Am Herenow; 08-01-2007 at 17:36.

Seems possible, theoretically. We can never know if this engine will actually behave as intended before testing.

I sure hope it is possible .

I'm also sure that you 'll do your best .

It is obvious .

Satyros

I can assure you that the AI in MTW2 is way much better then RTW. Right now i am fighting with my self on if i should play EB which has a much better game play but has the worst AI ever (thanks to RTW) or play MTW2 which has great AI but no real gameplay (too easy and unbalanced). But one thing i love about MTW2 is the fact that my best friend in my game can be the faction who shares 5 borders with me. You can even go off an colonies other parts of the map without the certain attack of the factions near by.

Question Europa Barbarorum 2 questions

Is it possible to create a 'castle builder platform'?

In ME2TW I know that you can choose your town to become a city or a castle. But as a general in RTW it is possible to construct a fort. And when this fort is attacked you can see that is has always the same structure.

It would be magnificent to create your fort out of different types of gatehouses, towers, barracks, arsenal, donjons, walls, wells, surrounded with or without moat, on a hill, at a river, ... . Or to choose your fort out of a fortress browser (which can be added with customized forts) Naturally based on different turns, capital and number of your troops (to build it). And this fort will not vanish once you leave it, so if come back to that fort you can use it, although it will cost you some turns and capital to repair it. Of course units can not be trained here to their maximum but can be trained with more armour and weapons.

It is also possible to create religeous fanaticism (when the general has a priest who carries the holy grale, ...) besides the grade of troop chevrons, armour and weapons.

There are enough custom battles, but why are there so few custom campaigns?

EB II Romani Consul Suffectus Member Zaknafien's Avatar
    Somewhere inside the Military-Industrial Complex

If its not possible in M2TW, it wont be possible in EB. We're modders, not game developers bud.

"urbani, seruate uxores: moechum caluom adducimus. / aurum in Gallia effutuisti, hic sumpsisti mutuum." --Suetonius, Life of Caesar

Smile AW: Europa Barbarorum 2 questions

Will you include a hotseat function / exe for EB 2?

I cannot wait, the only reason we're not playing EB regularly is because it has no hotseat function. carthago vs Roma vs Ptolemaoi gets an all new different exciting spin.

I'd love to try to keep a human carthago's fleets away from Rome while fighting off AI barbarians in the north.

Wow

Default AW: Europa Barbarorum 2 questions

Yeah, a hotseat in EB2 would be great!
    *dreaming about playing with 3 factions*

blaaaaaaaaaarg! Senior Member Lusted's Avatar

Default Re: AW: Europa Barbarorum 2 questions

If EB2 is based off of Kingomds I can't see a reason for the EB team not to include a Hosteat mode given the fact it's in Kingdoms by default.

I don't suppose there is a way to be able to fight the battles in hotseat without bugs?
    Ultimate Excellence Lies

Not In Winning

Every Battle

But In Defeating the Enemy

Without Ever Fighting

Hotseat with Real Time battles!!!
    That would really be great, but as far as I'm concerned, it is impossible.

I have tried to find someone in the M2TW forums, who were able to make this work, so it appears as though it is hardcoded, but I do not know this for a fact.
    I have seen the EB-team work miracles before, though, so one must never lose hope!

Yeah, a hotseat in EB2 would be great!
    *dreaming about playing with 3 factions*
    I believe it is impossible. IIRC, you'd get problems with the 'Homeland', 'Expansion', 'Subjugation' markers, etc, since the game allows only one faction to use it.
    This space intentionally left blank.

hey don't listen that... you make right things, it's all ok, just do it...
    i hope this mod alive, and not like MTR2(((

Quote Originally Posted by Carthage
    WTF!

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

I have heard shady rumours from hooded strangers in dark alleys that the Intalia Invicta team-through what can only be some kind of unholy shamonic necromancy-have managed to resurrect the old 'view settlement on battlemap' feature. So, would that be a possibility?
    Ultimate Excellence Lies

Not In Winning

Every Battle

But In Defeating the Enemy

Without Ever Fighting

I believe the poor guy tried to say:

Excuse me, but I would like to express my worries that you might take Hax's comments serious, and I also wish to say that I am sure of the fact that everything is well, and also press on my hopes that you will finish the project.

I hope this mod is still in-progress, unlike some other mods, such as "Medieval 2: Total Realism"

In my best English.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12