Been spending quite a bit of time trying to get to grips with how this can be done, and I have a solid plan that just does not seem to be working for me!

1) Took a selected set of horse animations, and created a dummy 'elephant' to try and get it so that a horse appeared as a horse...but was treated by the game wngine as an elephant. The only reason for doing this is so that I can have more than one rider on the chariot.

Sort of works, but I cannot make the rider actually appear! He is there, he shoots... but he refuses to display.

I thought it might be down to differences in the bone names ( saddle ... platform ) for the root... so I tried changing that in MS3D, and using the export extra bones tool to add an extra 'platform' bone. Exported teh animations OK...but the mesh converter will not convert the new model. Dies partway through.

Next effort will be to take a stock horse, add the crewman as an attachment, and try adding new bones for the chariot. If that still blows up the meshconverter, then I will try re-siting the tail bones to make the chariot wheel location. I would have to re-order the bones to attach the tail directly to the saddle 'root' bone .... more experimentaton needed!