View Poll Results: How do you feel about this mod?

Voters
16. This poll is closed
  • Yes

13 81.25%
  • No

0 0%
  • Undecided

2 12.50%
  • I'd like to help (thats a yes by the way :)

1 6.25%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dark Ages: Total War

Default Re: Dark Ages: Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Kavhan Isbul
    Looks good. Thanks for all the work you are putting into this. Personally, when I see mods with great attention given to the smallest details, such as unit info pictures, it tends to greatly enhance my overall enjoyment of the mod. Great job, can't wait to see more

P.S. Isn't this ever going to get stickied?
    I guess the moderators are waiting for abeta release or something. It would be a bit of a waste to sticky a dead end topic :P

Hi mate any progress??

Cthonic God of Deception Member ULC's Avatar
    In the swirling maddening chaos of the cosmos unseen to man...

I'm at stand still. I have most of the programming done, now I'm just waiting on thr graphics files such as the Campiagn Map, Flags and Shields, and Unit Skins. The I get to pack it all up nice and neat and ship it out as Dark Ages Total War ver 1.0.

gg mate
    i got a fresh MTW and VI installed on my PC waithing for this

this mod looks really good :) cant wait for it to be out. btw do you still need any sort of information or are you set?

The main thing I am lacking in is kings and heroes. I HAD a Cambridge medieval history collection which I was using, but it just vanished. I had used that for several units and heroes, but now my main resource is gone. As for units, it all comes down to naming the things so they aren't generic. Titles would be good, as also what Gods the Pagan factions followed. Beyond that, any information period could improve the mod, as I wanted a good amount of community input so the game could be more enjoyable to those who played it. As to those who are waiting, I am trying to construct a rather bland beta for testing that will be using the originall map until Omarpacha and Belisario can deliver the Campmap and Faction Flags, respectively.

Will Beowulf be a hero for the Germanics? :P

but really awsome work you have put into this so far, I'm glad to hear its almost ready...

Quote Originally Posted by YourLordandConqueror
    Also, I still need a rough map I can work with from someone, using the lands OmarPacha has suggested.

Take a look here.

http://www.euratlas.com/time1.htm

Might have some good stuff for you:-D

Looking forward to this. I'd suggest the homelands for the East Romans be the provinces controlled by Justinian I prior to his reconquests. It would give them the largest bases for homeland units....but it would be historically accurate.

Looking like a fantastic mod! I hope the Vikings get a good mention. I'd like to help, but I really can't be of much use at all I don't think. I've subscribed to the thread, so I'll help if need be.

I finished my work on Europe map, hope this one will be the Dark Age mod official map, here are some images:

https://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l...ge_800x600.jpg

https://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l...aspian_Sea.jpg

https://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l...North_West.jpg

https://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l...South_East.jpg

The map has the highest resolution (4096x3072) and reports some differences from the classical MTW map, first of all the Caspian area, as agreed in previous posts.
    The Ireland and Great Britain islands are surrounded by a square because of their widely -out of scale- size; this is requested by the number of regions we planned to draw in the area that wouldn't find enough space after the whole map reduction made to comprehend eastern enlarged borders.

That's only a first look to verify if this are going to be the map; more, if anyone should like to add ideas, now is the time - before further work is done.

Cheers

Nice map OmarPacha! Do you have also the lbm map with dark ages provinces? I have made some research about this subject and my conclusion is that I am able to find historical maps of the administrative division of the Carolingian empire but other areas are a bit more complicated.

I promised YLC help with the faction flags and shields but I don't know what symbols/flags used most of the factions. Help in this matter would be appreciated.

nice real nice
    wot do you need to make maps like that, wot program??
    nice map mate real nice

WOW! Thats all I can say OmarPacha, Just WOW! PERFECT! You make it look as if it were the original map. Just awe inspiring, seriously. That is good...

(Whipes spit from mouth...)

Err..yes, that will do for me. Belisario as to Faction Flags, I think I'll send you some ideas soon, but in an above post I made their is a map just covered in them. I am currently rounding up some unit graphics. Things look well for the graphical side, but I'm more concerned with unit balance. Of course, I could just release it and we all could balance it out then, but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I've loaded the Unit/Structure guide up, will get a link VERY soon.

YLC,

Thumbs up Re: Dark Ages: Total War

That is one absolutely stunning map, the way the map should have been done for the vanilla game actually. OmarPacha,

Now I cannot wait to see how it is divided into different regions.

Oops! One thing, could you add that one island off the coast of Spain (Med, wish I could remember the name...)?
    Last edited by ULC; 11-06-2007 at 00:45.

This mod seems like it is turning out well, can't wait for the release :D

Oops! One thing, could you add that one island off the coast of Spain (Med, wish I could remember the name...)?
    Mallorca?

Member Member dimitrios the samian's Avatar

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!! Omar the map so far is brilliant ..
    YourLordandConqueror .. Im also looking forward to your mod keep up the great work ,, I was not

** OmarPacha .. Would you consider writing a simplified guide over at the Repository or Alchemist Lab on Map making ? I would like to learn .. As Im sure many others would to once they see more of this map .

cheers to all DTS

Mallorca will be a fine addiction to map but I'd wait to count the final amount of regions just because it is limited and Illes Balears mean at least 1 land region + 1 sea region + a lot of graphical work to mod sea area and its borders.
    But my main concern is about the historical relief of the region. If we'll be forced to choose last slots available in the 'startpos' file, are We so sure that Balearics were more important than, for example, Samarkand ? I was wondering about cutting off Rhodes but then I saw that the isle had been theater of several muslim attacks up to occupation in 672 by Muawiyah I, and I thought this could be a good reason to place an enemy region in the already huge Byzantine Empire.
    Anyway, the purpose of this thread is to agree what must become our mod and, if wanted, I'll plan to draw Mallorca (even if Ibiza give better inspiration).

Cheers
    Last edited by OmarPacha; 11-06-2007 at 20:18.

Hi
    i would like to learn how to make a campain map to is there a guide and wot program cane you use to make such??

Savaran Commander Member Hound of Ulster's Avatar

Keep it up, this looks really promising.

era breakdown suggestions

(ex-Early) 632 start

(ex-High) 793 start

(ex-late) rise of the Capetian Dynasty in France about 930

(ex-VI) scrap
    'Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War' Plato

'Ar nDuctas' O'Dougherty clan motto

'In Peace, sons bury thier fathers; In War, fathers bury thier sons' Thucydides

'Forth Eorlingas!' motto of the Riders of Rohan

'dammit, In for a Penny, In for a Pound!' the Duke of Wellington

Well, I've decided on the start dates according to advances in Production and Technology, and the availability of weaponry. As such, 632 will be the start date, High begins in 800, Late starts in 919, and the game ends in 1078. Also, since religion has been replaced by culture (not set in stone of course), a factions religion is determined by what kind of advantages it wants (to be sorted out by suggestions and research).

Savaran Commander Member Hound of Ulster's Avatar

I'd end the game in 1066, which is often cited as the 'ending' of the 'dark ages' in most histories.
    'Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War' Plato

'Ar nDuctas' O'Dougherty clan motto

'In Peace, sons bury thier fathers; In War, fathers bury thier sons' Thucydides

'Forth Eorlingas!' motto of the Riders of Rohan

'dammit, In for a Penny, In for a Pound!' the Duke of Wellington

Quote Originally Posted by Hound of Ulster
    I'd end the game in 1066, which is often cited as the 'ending' of the 'dark ages' in most histories.
    That would actually more acurately describe the end of the 'Viking Age', I'd personally stick with 1078.

Anyone out their with experience doing unit textures? I can't seem to get them to work.

Ask, Macsen Rufus, he might be able to help you :)

also you might want t ogo around and ask maybe the Fall of Rome mod, for some of there units since they cover some of the dark ages in their mod, they can be useful....

also after you get some of the unit textures done, could you show us some of the results of the mod? (screenshots :P)
    Last edited by Sigma; 11-17-2007 at 04:23.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast