Ah well ...thanks for info

Default Re: The Complete EDU Guide - Discussion

Example:
    Quote:
    soldier norider, 20, 1, 1
    mount sauron
    ;no attributes

in the above , the entry norider
    does this need a corresponding entry in descr_model_battle.txt?

thanks in advance

Yep, it does.

Norman Invasion - The fate of England lies in your hands...

Viking Invasion II - Unite Britain in the best TW campaign ever!

Gods and Fighting Men: Total War - Enter the Mists of Myth in Ancient Ireland

Using an hex editor with the AlexanderTW.exe, it is possible to view a list of unit attributes allowed by the error validator, and there are several attributes that I didn't know. This is the full list:

legionary_name, general_unit_upgrade, warcry, screeching_women, druid, cantabrian_circle, is_peasant, mercenary_unit, frighten_mounted, frighten_foot, power_charge, very_hardy, hardy, heavy, sea_faring, can_horde, can_swim, can_run_amok, can_feign_rout, can_formed_charge, can_withdraw
    Does anybody know the effect of can_feign_rout, can_formed_charge, can_withdraw or heavy?
    I have seen some of them are used in MTW2 but I have been unable to find his purpose, I wonder if they really have some effect when used over AlexanderTw.

They're in BI and MTW2, as well.

can_formed_charge: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...t=75914&page=6

Also, "There is also a new unit attribute in M2TW called can_formed_charge that I havent thoroughly tested yet. I believe it strenghtens the charge if the cavalry unit is formed up in a line first as opposed to Rtw where the charge was the same no matter what." from http://www.twmodsquad.com/index.php?...prev_next=next

can_withdraw: Most likely, a marker for units that can/cannot withdraw from battle. Might not be used in RTW. I'd suggest testing an artillery unit with/without it
    can_feign_rout: ???
    heavy: ??? - maybe has something to do with slower movement (perhaps, on certain ground types)
    Last edited by HouseOfHam; 06-09-2008 at 20:52.
    RTR VII Developer

Thanks for the links.
    I have been testing them in ATW and even when they do not cause crash nor error messages, I have not noticed any effect.
    I have not tested it properly, but units with and without "heavy" or "can_formed_charge" move and charge the same, I can't see any difference.
    I think they are like other attributes from BI like shield_wall, schiltrom, can_swim and is_peasant, allowed by the .exe but not supported in game.

Member Member MastodontfilmsMats's Avatar
    Look in your (1.5) Rome - Total War/data folder, in the export_descr_unit.txt file. That's where I live. Scroll down to barb berserker german and you've found me :D

Thanks for a wonderfull guide.
    But I wonder, where can you change the stats of officers, generals, etc.? Is there a similar .txt file for them?

Thx

Thx. You cannot change the stats of officers/generals etc at all.

Member Member MastodontfilmsMats's Avatar
    Look in your (1.5) Rome - Total War/data folder, in the export_descr_unit.txt file. That's where I live. Scroll down to barb berserker german and you've found me :D

Ok. But what determines their stats? The game has to know how good they are, and they seem to be better than the normal soldiers in the unit.

It must be hardcoded. The game does store that info somewhere, but it is not accessible or moddable by us. I've read somewhere that officers have 2hps and generals have 7, but it's impossible to test-prove it.

A minor point, and apologies if its already been mentioned, but using "thrown" for 'stat_pri_attr' means that a javelin icon is displayed when targeting during a battle.

Maybe that implies that it was intended for javelin troops, not archers ?

That's actually a side-effect, but yes the original use must have been for javelin troops, probably instead of giving them bonuses vs elephants and large animals anyway.

Guide updated with Bardo's discovery on creating 1-soldier units.

Guide updated with info on naval combat (Related Info section).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234