Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just an off-topic thread for WTW

Default Re: Just an off-topic thread for WTW

But whatever about the books or the back story if you take an orc form LotR an orc form warcaft and an orc from warhammer in the same room. Warhammer would own them all.

Aule did indeed fashion his children, but Manwe gave them independant life. It was only his gift that allowed this. Aule had broken the rules even making the Dwarves, and Manwe ordered their destruction. Aule couldn't bring himself to do it, and Manwe relented and the fathers of the Dwarves were born, though Manwe knew his children and those of Aule would not get on well .....
    Careless Orc Costs Lives!

A dragon from LOTR would kick both Warcraft and Warhammer dragon arse, but Trogdor pwns them all.

NAhh.....Smaug went down from a single arrow hit!

Glaurung was finished off by Turin, and even Ancalagon the Black was bested by a single elf!

LOTR dragons were able to lay waste to whole armies... but always bit the dust when faced by a single warrior

Off topic thread? Cool, now we just need an "action thread" with Gurkhal, Spanky, Grogglan, and uhm... the other guys at the old zodiak-productions website (I can't believe I don't remember the names of the other guys with the massive postcounts!)

Quote Originally Posted by Bwian
    LOTR dragons were able to lay waste to whole armies... but always bit the dust when faced by a single warrior
    Heh, inverse ninja syndrome at it's finest.

Sigmar vs. Hurin would be an awesome fight. Even a deified warlord with a magic warhammer would probably have a job taking on a guy who killed seventy trolls in a single battle!

"Know, O Prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the Sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world, like blue mantles beneath the stars...
    Is fhearr fheuchainn na bhith san duil.

This place called Mars... do you know of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Taranaich
    Heh, inverse ninja syndrome at it's finest.

Sigmar vs. Hurin would be an awesome fight. Even a deified warlord with a magic warhammer would probably have a job taking on a guy who killed seventy trolls in a single battle!
    Well Legolas killed an elephant
    "No one said it was gonna be easy! If it was, everyone would do it..that's who you know who really wants it."

All us men suffer in equal parts, it's our lot in life, and no man goes without a broken heart or a lost love. Like holding your dog as he takes his last breath and dies in your arms, it's a rite of passage. Unavoidable. And honestly, I can't imagine life without that depth of feeling.-Bierut

Warhammer: Total War Team Member Krazysigmarite's Avatar

Sigmar once defeated an entire army of 10,000 orcs with the jawbone of a cow.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazysigmarite
    Sigmar once defeated an entire army of 10,000 orcs with the jawbone of a cow.
    I'm guessing he asked them what was 1+1 and then began to whack them as they tried to figure that out.
    "No one said it was gonna be easy! If it was, everyone would do it..that's who you know who really wants it."

All us men suffer in equal parts, it's our lot in life, and no man goes without a broken heart or a lost love. Like holding your dog as he takes his last breath and dies in your arms, it's a rite of passage. Unavoidable. And honestly, I can't imagine life without that depth of feeling.-Bierut

Quote Originally Posted by Decker
    I'm guessing he asked them what was 1+1 and then began to whack them as they tried to figure that out.
    Damnit! He's discovered the secret Empire strategy for beating Orcs! NO! NOOO, Damnit!

Good fights;
    Grimgor v.s. Durin I
    Witchking on flappy thing v.s. Malekith on Black Dragon
    Aragorn v.s. Louen Leoncoeur
    Thorgrim Grudgebearer v.s. tha' Balrog
    Teclis v.s. Gandalf
    Archaon v.s. Sauron
    Kroak v.s. Melian
    Orion v.s. Treebeard
    Mannfred von Carstein v.s. Hurin
    Settra the Imperishable v.s. Feanor
    Morghur v.s. Mim the dwarf
    Saruman v.s Greasus Goldtooth (might or magic)
    The horned rat v.s. Orome
    Mod leader of Warhammer; Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Jubal_Barca
    Damnit! He's discovered the secret Empire strategy for beating Orcs! NO! NOOO, Damnit!
    So I wonder if Bwian will add that into the mod

Stegadon vs Mûmak!

"Know, O Prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the Sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world, like blue mantles beneath the stars...
    Is fhearr fheuchainn na bhith san duil.

Quote Originally Posted by Taranaich
    Stegadon vs Mûmak!

More like Carnosaur vs Mûmak!!

THe greatest on of all is yet to come though...

LUMPIN VS BILBO!!! THE SHOWDOWN!!!

Mod leader of Warhammer; Total War

Godzilla vs King Kong trumps em all!

None can withstand the might of the FIGHTING COCKS

Quote Originally Posted by Jubal_Barca
    THe greatest on of all is yet to come though...

LUMPIN VS BILBO!!! THE SHOWDOWN!!!

Bilbo definetly

Annoying Warhammer know-it-all Member DrZoidberg's Avatar

Default Re: Just a thread for bullshits

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this.
    It's easy as pie to at least get some idea:
    Zerg= Tyranids
    Terrans=Space Marines
    Protoss=Eldar
    And the most frightening thing is that Blizzard has copyrighted all they can which means that if Games Workshop would make a Warhammer game true in every detail they will get sued, by the people who stole their ideas to begin with. It was a while back I read up on it, but one example is the Gyrocopter.

There's a whole forum somewhere dedicated to people that have been sued by Blizzard for making fan stuff to Blizzard franchises and other worlds Blizzard has ripped stuff from. Sad, sad reads.

Their business practices alone should make people think twice before getting into any of their games. Without stealing there's no progress and Blizzard who's stolen more than anyone else know this off-course.
    Sorry you must have been boring. -Dr Zoidberg

Good god .... I had better get back to making models for M2TW ..... it's the only way to keep you lot sane!

I take a break from making new content and you all get very wierd indeed!

A lesson learnt

Good god .... I had better get back to making models for M2TW ..... it's the only way to keep you lot sane!

I take a break from making new content and you all get very wierd indeed!

A lesson learnt
    Well how else are we going to pass the time

No back on topic:

And the most frightening thing is that Blizzard has copyrighted all they can which means that if Games Workshop would make a Warhammer game true in every detail they will get sued, by the people who stole their ideas to begin with. It was a while back I read up on it, but one example is the Gyrocopter.

There's a whole forum somewhere dedicated to people that have been sued by Blizzard for making fan stuff to Blizzard franchises and other worlds Blizzard has ripped stuff from. Sad, sad reads.

Their business practices alone should make people think twice before getting into any of their games. Without stealing there's no progress and Blizzard who's stolen more than anyone else know this off-course.
    Wow Zoid, that was like refreshing the memory. I think I heard the same kinda thing on another forum and I also thing in one of the gaming mags(forgot which one).

There's a whole forum somewhere dedicated to people that have been sued by Blizzard for making fan stuff to Blizzard franchises and other worlds Blizzard has ripped stuff from.
    And I'd like too see that site as I know somebody a while back had a mod terminated for that very reason.

I don't know how Blizzard could sue Games Workshop over Warhammer but Starcraft is probably the one game that might make them sweat a little if Warhammer 40K is mentioned, and specifically the 3 "culprits."

Default Re: Just a thread for bullshits

If the Warhammer world tangled with Warcraft(not the MMO) and LoTR, who do you think would come on top.
    In terms of pure roleplaying potential I think WFRP wins hands down for two reasons.

1) It has far greater depth than Warcraft in terms of background and plot potential.

2) It is far more flexible in terms of roleplay options than LOTR which tends to be dominated by the book.

The biggest concern I have about WFRP at the moment is that WFRPv2 has moved the background far closer to WFB and therefore Warcraft and that has diminished its uniqueness slightly. But thankfully a lot of the new background can simply be ignored and so the game still remains in a class of its own.

In MMO terms however, nothing can touch WoW and it will be a long time before anything comes from the AD&D or GW stable that can.
    Didz
    Fortis balore et armis

oh NOM NOM NOM Member Spankfurt's Avatar

I just read all of this and I'm going to post all of my thoughts on the last 5 subject's without quoting anyone.

It's true, Tolkein did get many of his ideas off history, and different cultures myth's and legend's...and D&D did make elves look like pansy's. But the lord of the ring's series was based off of world war 1. The fellowship represented the European allies.

Zapp. I am totaly starting an action thread. *tries desperately to remember everyone else from zodiak production's, a single tear run's down my cheek*

Warcraft is the most unoriginal, most plagerizing franchise of the lot, but you forgot to mention some of the warhammer character's on your fantasy match-up's :P thought most warcraft hero's are pansy's in comparison.

And haha.....Moorcock.....
    ­­well guys, im off like a lepper teste

Annoying Warhammer know-it-all Member DrZoidberg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spankfurt
    Warcraft is the most unoriginal, most plagerizing franchise of the lot, but you forgot to mention some of the warhammer character's on your fantasy match-up's :P thought most warcraft hero's are pansy's in comparison.
    I agree, but then again everything good is stolen from somewhere. The originality is almost always in the composition. I don't blame them for stealing. Only for copyrighting it and then being dicks about it.
    Sorry you must have been boring. -Dr Zoidberg

I just read all of this and I'm going to post all of my thoughts on the last 5 subject's without quoting anyone.
    Haha that must've been quite a read for you.

Also, in Starcraft Brood War when the Zerg overrun the Protoss' homeworld, it's like a copy of one of the Eldars homeworlds that was destroyed by the Tyranids, I forgot which Eldar sec it was tho. The whole thing is frustrating to think about . They got Starcraft, we've got Dawn of War, they've got Warcraft and we've got...this mod.

oh NOM NOM NOM Member Spankfurt's Avatar

It was like an orgasm in my eyes. the only reason Starcraft/Warcraft succeded, maybe even more so than 40 k or lotr, is because the games are brilliant, sexy, and popular, and I agree. Most everything is plagerized from something else, but Blizzard were dick's about it, so its ok to flame em' :p
    Last edited by Spankfurt; 08-17-2007 at 04:37.
    ­­well guys, im off like a lepper teste

It was like an orgasm in my eyes. the only reason Starcraft/Warcraft succeded, maybe even more so than 40 k or lotr, is because the games are brilliant, sexy, and popular, and I agree. Most everything is plagerized from something else, but Blizzard were dick's about it, so its ok to flame em' :p
    But Blizzard has HOT Dark Elves!! O wait a sec...

Quote Originally Posted by DrZoidberg
    Only for copyrighting it and then being dicks about it.
    Well at least Blizzard allow for open licenses on some material from their IP so that fans can safely develop fan-based material. GW won't grant any options on any of their material and so fans constantly run the risk of having their material and websites discriminated against.
    Didz
    Fortis balore et armis

GW is actually very generous with their IP. On the other hand, Ive never seen a high-profile blizzard-game mod that hasn't been shut down by blizzard's team of lawyers.

Didz .... check out the stickied thread on the legal bit. GW are VERY generous with what they allow fans to do with their IP. The only restrictions they place on it are:

1) Don't actually steal any of their own material .... make it yourself

2) Stay true to the actual world. Orcs are not pink, and Skaven are not big on embroidery.

Aside from that, and the usual disclaimers, there is actually a policy which encourages fans to make use of their creation. VEry generous of them if you ask me

Didz .... check out the stickied thread on the legal bit. GW are VERY generous with what they allow fans to do with their IP. The only restrictions they place on it are:

1) Don't actually steal any of their own material .... make it yourself

2) Stay true to the actual world. Orcs are not pink, and Skaven are not big on embroidery.

Aside from that, and the usual disclaimers, there is actually a policy which encourages fans to make use of their creation. VEry generous of them if you ask me
    I tend to think that GW does this so that they might use what those people created and some how add it to their worlds. I mean after all. The amount of flexibility when making an army that can have it's own back round, paint scheme, units, etc.. is one of my top reasons for playing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast