Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: The Sands Of Africa

Barely a levy Member overweightninja's Avatar

Default Re: The Sands Of Africa

Anything planned Chirugeon?
    PS that says something, I'm still subscribed for replies to this thread even now!

Quote Originally Posted by Chirurgeon
    Sorry I have been so absent on the forums. School and work are taking their toll. These real life pressures should abate by december and then I can get back to writing. Enjoy 1.0 is beautiful :)
    Quote Originally Posted by overweightninja
    Anything planned Chirugeon?
    PS that says something, I'm still subscribed for replies to this thread even now!
    Same hear still subscribed and maybe you want to join us in the future

looking forward to see you back

That is THE best AAR I've ever read. Amazing work :D

Prince
    Living life not by celebrating victories, but by overcoming defeats

A superb AAR on my favorite faction, the best ive read so far.

Thanks for continuing to support this and again when the semester is over I will be at it again. I am already doing research for the next one :)

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

What faction's it gonna be, Chirurgeon? How about an Aedui or Arverni AAR? Or perhaps you could play as... The Grey Death! Whatever faction you play as, it's going to be awesome anyway, so I don't think we have to worry about your choice.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

How about a Parthian or Ptolemaic AAR?

Uneasy with Command Member Treverer's Avatar

... a campfire in the land of the Treveri

- "Have you news of that epic storyteller?"
    - "Yes, m'lord, I hear he heads again northwards. Soon he will be here again."
    - "Ah!"
    __
    Whatever faction you choose, I'm sure the story you tell about them will be as fine as was the one about Carthage ...

Yours, T.
    Towards the end of the book, the Moties quote an old story from Herodotus:

"Once there was a thief who was to be executed. As he was taken away he made a bargain with the king: In one year he would teach the king's favorite horse to sing hymns."
    "The other prisoners watched the thief singing to the horse and laughed. 'You will not succeed,' they told him. 'No one can.' To which the thief replied, 'I have a year, and who knows what will happen in that time. The king might die. The horse might die. I might die. And perhaps the horse will learn to sing.'"

I have the whole AAR on pdf
    http://www.mediafire.com/?edjbttn3xgn

This is really amazing ... cant wait for more :)

Prince
    Living life not by celebrating victories, but by overcoming defeats

Quote Originally Posted by Raphia
    I have the whole AAR on pdf
    http://www.mediafire.com/?edjbttn3xgn
    Thats truly amazing :) and quite the compliment. can you email it to me? troyboy1208@hotmail.com if you have a moment that would be awesome. I was going to print it out and show some publishers from the website but pdf would be more manageable. For those of you that follow this thread I will probably get started on my next AAR over the Thanksgiving holiday as I have the whole week of Thanksgiving off. Look for something possibly this weekend or the next :)

Thank you all for continuing to follow.

EB:NOM Triumvir Member gamegeek2's Avatar

Kill me, but I love playing as The Gray Death. It's fun fighting 5 enemies and owning them all.
    Europa Barbarorum: Novus Ordo Mundi - Mod Leader Europa Barbarorum - Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by skullheadhq
    Run Hax! For slave master gamegeek has arrived
    "To robbery, slaughter, plunder, they give the lying name of empire; they make a desert and call it peace." -Calgacus

I kinda hate playing factions that are so exposed...one of the reasons I didnt play Ptolemy for a long time. Carthage has a nasty habit of stabbing them in the back and trying to take Kyrene. So far though in my Ptolemic campaign its not a problem... The trick is giving them tribute every turn

I came across this only 3 days ago and have only now finished reading it

Just wanted to say that this was an incredible AAR and you have inspired me to play as carthage, a faction Iv'e always neglected but im finding it really great fun! Currently dealing with Ptolemois encrouching on my forts west of lepki and preparing to wipe out all the numidians in northwest africa. I've managed to wipe out the roman fleets, leaving them stranded and blockaded on Sicily and I hope to have captured the island by tonight

And again thanks for introducing me to such a great faction, and thanks for providing such a great read
    Alcohol is the cause and solution to all of man's issues

Baloonz: by Pharnakles
    by Jebivjetar (es bastante loco)

Quote Originally Posted by Moosemanmoo
    I came across this only 3 days ago and have only now finished reading it

Just wanted to say that this was an incredible AAR and you have inspired me to play as carthage, a faction Iv'e always neglected but im finding it really great fun! Currently dealing with Ptolemois encrouching on my forts west of lepki and preparing to wipe out all the numidians in northwest africa. I've managed to wipe out the roman fleets, leaving them stranded and blockaded on Sicily and I hope to have captured the island by tonight

And again thanks for introducing me to such a great faction, and thanks for providing such a great read
    It is my pleasure. I am glad to see you like playing Carthage. I think they are one of the most versatile of all the factions. The Barcid/anti-barcid roleplaying was really fun. They truly are alot of fun to play with

whao ive only just read this AAR, and i must say its beautiful :) carthage is my favorite faction, and youve really brought them to life :)

Quote Originally Posted by Mediteran
    whao ive only just read this AAR, and i must say its beautiful :) carthage is my favorite faction, and youve really brought them to life :)
    Thank you sir. Glad you enjoyed it. Carthage is my favorite faction as well. I really enjoyed playing them.

In an effort to promote EB and all its glory I have submitted my Sands of Africa AAR into the TWC AAR forum. I do not do this as self-promotion but rather to generate more interest in the mod. I found out about EB on a different forum. So perhaps this is one way to recruit more people to play. Here is the link:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...46#post3422246

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678