Thread: What about castles?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default What about castles?

in this time, castles didn't exist, so are there going to be any castles or will there be just cities?

EB II Romani Consul Suffectus Member Zaknafien's Avatar
    Somewhere inside the Military-Industrial Complex

Default Re: What about castles?

there were very elaborate fortresses which may be used as castles. they could also represent the more involved oppida, etc. its still under alot of internal discussion to use permanent forts or castles for this. one idea is to use permanent forts as minor cities in a province.

"urbani, seruate uxores: moechum caluom adducimus. / aurum in Gallia effutuisti, hic sumpsisti mutuum." --Suetonius, Life of Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaknafien
    there were very elaborate fortresses which may be used as castles. they could also represent the more involved oppida, etc. its still under alot of internal discussion to use permanent forts or castles for this. one idea is to use permanent forts as minor cities in a province.
    This idea of a more involved oppia is intriguing to me. Is it something that appears on the campaign map also?

i was wondering about this.

i presume you wil be using the cities - as i have hear discussions regarding the fre upkeep units being used.

as for the castles- i was wondering if you could use them for something slightly different = like non city.

if you can change their name from castle and remove the walls, they perhaps could make a good starting point to representiong nomad government, simply by their non-cityness. i just thought that the fact that they have less trade, and no fre-upkeep units might be useful in this respect.

Handler of candles Member Xehh II's Avatar

That sound like a really good idea, KARTLOS
    A ha ha! Rainbows and unicorns! Rainbows and unicorns!

i think the fact that they have an inherently differnt recruitment set up to cities, would also be helpful in representing the differnec between urban regions and nomads.