Thread: Multiplayer Lan game

Default Multiplayer Lan game

set up:

Player 1 playing vanilla RTW. EB not installed

Player 2 playing EB,

can player 2 reinstall vanilla into diffrent dir. and not mess up EB campaign files. Or could player 1 install EB but still play vanilla campaign.

TIA,

Geord..

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Default Re: Multiplayer Lan game

Player 1 can install EB and still play RTW vanilla without any problem (though some EB things will appear on vanilla: the load bar on load screens & the new greek&roman city start map models).

Player 2 can't really install RTW again, because the installer probably won't let you. You can however uninstall everthing then reinstall RTW. Copy the whole RTW folder. And install EB onto the copy, you will then have RTW vanilla and EB(with a slightly altered vanilla-see above) separately.

If i uninstall RTW will EB files remain so i could re-use them instead of restarting the campaign

Technically yes, but you can't use them without the RTW files, and reinstalling RTW will screw it up. You can copy your entire RTW directory including EB before uninstalling though. Then you'll have an intact EB installation!

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

We all have latest EB installs and tried a EB lan game with the error message incompatible game data any thoughts

TIA

geord

All of you copy the map.rwm from the multiplayer sticky thread, or copy the map.rwm file of any one of you to everyone else. Then it will work. It is generated, but will be different based on the time it was generated and therefore incompatible. It's insane, but that's the way it is.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

hi, i have the same probelm.
    it says: incompatible game data, and it shows a lot of numers
    i cannot find the sticky thread (maybe becouse this post is old) .... and i do not know what map.rwm is .. can some one help me, please?