Thread: XIII Century: Death or Glory

Default Re: XIII Century: Death or Glory

Forget it

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

Nah. Gonna buy it.

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

nope. I stick with SW Beta5/8 thanks.

Well wait for it if you like but their previous games were like 2 years late in some cases and when they did eventually come out they were terribly outdated and worse than previous already released efforts from other companies, theatre of war - combat mission for example.

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

Looks kinda same as MTW2, with cheaper graphics and sounds, but MAY BE it will work better. Developers pointed , that they focused on MP battles, i beleve them , cause game have no campaign. So, i definately will try it.

In my dreams, i see a big lobby , full of players (pleasant people), ladder and most of things that Wolfes proposing for MTW2 and remaining unheared.

I love MTW2 campaign, played it a lot more than MTW or RTW campaigns together, but how collapsed TW MP is sad.

Ok. Why does MTW2 not work online? Because there is too much stuff going on in there and all the system resources are exploited by the animations and stuff that we do not even see. We do not even see them because we play zoomed out.

So it is just waste of resources but nothing else when you play (try to play) MTW2 online.

I bet Death and Glory would feel almost the same with MTW2 in terms of graphics quality when you play zoomed out. And moreover who cares if the graphs are obviously inferior to MTW2 (even zoomed out) where we get good engine, non lagging smooth playing and reasonable balance.

I am waiting eagerly for the demo.
    Last edited by Wolf_Kyolic; 08-15-2007 at 23:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf_Kyolic
    Ok. Why does MTW2 not work online? Because there is too much stuff going on in there and all the system resources are exploited by the animations and stuff that we do not even see. We do not even see them because we play zoomed out.

So it is just waste of resources but nothing else when you play (try to play) MTW2 online.

I bet Death and Glory would feel almost the same with MTW2 in terms of graphics quality when you play zoomed out. And moreover who cares if the graphs are obviously inferior to MTW2 (even zoomed out) where we get good engine, non lagging smooth playing and reasonable balance.

I am waiting eagerly for the demo.
    100% ack. But I have never read, that XIII Century will have a MP mode. And I wait for the game at least 2 years. And we don't know, how complex the battle simulator is ( fatigue, armour, shields, weapons .... )

Still warlusting... Member Warluster's Avatar

And if you do not have a PC which can play M2, then this game could come in in M2's absence?

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Warluster
    And if you do not have a PC which can play M2, then this game could come in in M2's absence?
    Sure, if you can Run it.