Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: What Factions would you like to see in Empire Total War

Default Re: What Factions would you like to see in Empire Total War

GSC, it would be really nice if you could post a link to the thread in which you found your information. Otherwise I might think that the guy you mentioned simply lied to you. Especially since what you say contradicts all other information that I have come upon.

Exclamation Re: What Factions would you like to see in Empire Total War

It doesn't matter; they could be easily made playable through copying and pasting a few lines of text.

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

Quote Originally Posted by Azlahn View Post
    GSC, it would be really nice if you could post a link to the thread in which you found your information. Otherwise I might think that the guy you mentioned simply lied to you. Especially since what you say contradicts all other information that I have come upon.
    It does indeed seem to contradict virtually everything we've read thus far. Unless and until someone from CA says otherwise (and/or a direct link to the information is provided), I think we have to assume that the other factions *won't* be unlockable by conquering them.
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Gustaf XII View Post
    Sweden,sweden,sweden and sweden did you know that sweden was a great power between the year of 1600 and 1801, in year of 1600 sweden went in to war against polan it was cald in sweden The Great Polish War, between the Polish king Sigismund (who was earlier king o Sweden) and the swedish king KarlXI. King Karl XI started the by attacking Lithuania who was a region of the polish kingdom. The war was later moved to Riga. After a few years King Karl XI died and the new swedish king Gustaf II Adolf took over the throne, the war ended in the battle of Gurzno. Sweden was 8000 men and Poland 7000. Sweden won the battle pretty easy with only 30 men dead and 60 men wounded. Sweden was standing as the winner and had counquerd Lithuania.
    In the 16th century Sweden had one of the best armies in the world and they prooved it at the Battle Of Breitenfeld were the German Emperors army were totaly crushed. Battle Of Breitenfeld
    Sverige-Sachsen Holy-roman empire- The Catholic League

Commanders Commanders

Gustav II Adolf Johann Tserclaes Tilly
    Gustaf Horn Gottfried Heinrich von Pappenheim
    Johan Banér
    Lennart Torstenson
    Johan Georg I of Sachsen

After the battle Sweden had counquerd Prussien in the northern Germany and had fulfield every goals they had but Gustaf II Adolf had bigger plans. The Swedish army marched down into southern Germany and sacked town after town. The 15th april in the year of 1632 the swdish army smashed into the Catholic army when they tried to cross the river Lech. After the war against germany and poland sweden had northern Germany and pieces of Poland, the entire Baltic, Finland and Norway. Swden lost many regions in Finland and Baltic in the war against Russia in the year of 1788. In the year of 1813 the swedish crown prince Karl XIV Johan declared war against Napoleon, Sweden were present at the battle of Liepzig, the battle of slaget vid Dennewitz and the battle of Grossbeeren. In the Piece in Kiel Sweden traded away Prussien aginst some norwegian regions.

Hope i gave you some Swedish history now

Most of this is true but i am just going to point out that sweden never conquered lithuania, and lithuania wasn't a territory but it's own country in union with poland, Sweden did conquer Latvia and Estonia if that is what you are thinking. Not to forget earlier in history the Polish and Lithuanian forces defeated sweden also, not sure of the numbers, but i was pretty sure P.L. was outnumbered.

There is no doubt Sweden was a great power, but yeah, that post was somewhat nationalistic and biased.

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
    There is no doubt Sweden was a great power, but yeah, that post was somewhat nationalistic and biased.
    I am from Sweden. And that post wasnt nationalistic and biased. It was complete rubbish.

The Dam Dog Senior Member Sheogorath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinxit View Post
    I am from Sweden. And that post wasnt nationalistic and biased. It was complete rubbish.

A Swede with sense? Good sir, I salute you!

But seriously, it's rather funny, if you look up any battle of the Great Northern War that the Russian's won on Wikipedia, take a look at the 'discussion' page. There's usually a great big argument between the Russians and Swedes as to who REALLY won, the wording of the article and so on.

It may just be me, but are Swedes naturally such a prickly lot? Must be the Viking heritage!
    Tallyho lads, rape the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers!

The Laughing Knight Member Sir Beane's Avatar

Do Sweden and Russia have an England/France thing going on?

If so multiplayer is going to be interesting, what with both sides of the argument being able to recreate famous battles playing as their home faction.

~ I LOVE DEMOS ~

. -- ---------- --
    . By your powers combined I am!
    . ----------------------

The Dam Dog Senior Member Sheogorath's Avatar

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russo-Swedish_Wars

That should tell you all you need to know

And, indeed, it should be fun to watch the Swedish and Russian clans go at it
    Tallyho lads, rape the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Beane View Post
    Do Sweden and Russia have an England/France thing going on?

If so multiplayer is going to be interesting, what with both sides of the argument being able to recreate famous battles playing as their home faction.
    Considering that during the battles of Narva and Poltava Sweden was outnumbered 5 to 1, it will indeed be interesting to see how this is solved. And the Russians lost the battle of Narva. I cant even imagine how much of a noob you must be to lose with such an advantage in numbers (in the game).

Quote Originally Posted by Sheogorath View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russo-Swedish_Wars

That should tell you all you need to know

And, indeed, it should be fun to watch the Swedish and Russian clans go at it
    Frankly, most people of the world seem to dislike Russia. But thats most likely because of USA winning the Cold War. Media have always loved to hate Russia.
    Swedish people dont hate Russia because of our common wars. Why should we? We have had 200 years of peace, we have no international conflicts, we love our Scandinavian neighbours (even though they make fun of us), we are 9 million people sharing 450,000 sq km, and have an extremely high standard of living.

If Sweden had kept its empire, it might not have went so well in the end. So, thanks Russia. And besides: now we have Finland as a buffert against the Russians

Quote Originally Posted by Sheogorath View Post
    A Swede with sense? Good sir, I salute you!

But seriously, it's rather funny, if you look up any battle of the Great Northern War that the Russian's won on Wikipedia, take a look at the 'discussion' page. There's usually a great big argument between the Russians and Swedes as to who REALLY won, the wording of the article and so on.

It may just be me, but are Swedes naturally such a prickly lot? Must be the Viking heritage!
    I have read those arguments between the Russians and the Swedes on Wikipedia. It seems both sides fight because of nationalistic pride. Its not limited to the articles about Russian victories. Its in the Swedish victories as well. But most of all it seems to be limited to some few "prickly" individuals, Russians _and_ Swedes.

I fail to see the connection between Vikings (="blood thirsty, rapists, plunderers, fearless warriors) and being prickly. I thought Sweden had the reputation of being an extremely low profile and pacifist country, since we apparently decided to take a nap while the rest of the world blew themselves up in WW1 and 2.

Last edited by Pinxit; 01-17-2009 at 02:55.

Wow. It's almost as bad as the various fights between the Greeks and Slavs on YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinxit
    I thought Sweden had the reputation of being an extremely low profile and pacifist country, since we apparently decided to take a nap while the rest of the world blew themselves up in WW1 and 2.
    Huh? What country are you talking about?
    Last edited by Megas Methuselah; 01-17-2009 at 06:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
    Wow. It's almost as bad as the various fights between the Greeks and Slavs on YouTube.

Huh? What country are you talking about?
    1. Oh, those I have to see.

2. Even if you outnumber me 200 to 1 you wont be able to survive my wrath in Empire if the next word coming out of your mouth is: "Switzerland".

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415