Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Empire: Total War Summary Thread

REX POLONIAE Moderator KLAssurbanipal's Avatar

Default Re: Empire: Total War Summary Thread

Ok. it is my last post in here :)

I made thes units for mod 'Europa pod Bronią'.
    This mod will be for RTW or MTW 2... I think, which game will be better? :P

New my unit from Empire TW period,
    Life Guard Cavalry (Peter The Great's Army)

for discussion about these units.: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...52#post1733252

Quote Originally Posted by Waldinger
    http://www.euratlas.com/history_europe/europe_map_1700.html
    Thats a link to a map of europe in 1700(which if I'm correct is the start date) if anyone is interested. Oh, and thank you Pevergreen for having the sense to make this thread. It is greatly appreciated.

Edit: the link isn't working for some reason but the site is working.
    It says I am not authorized to view the site.

Post Re: Empire: Total War Summary Thread

Hi Mac Clan,
    I'm not quite sure, but I think that this was the map that was linked to:

Hope this is useful to you!
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Yes, it did thank you. Do you know how to get a bigger picture of each of those pages from the magazine the OP scanned in? It's ok if it's one big picture, but maybe each individual page enlargened?

Thanks alot. And hello to you to. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zimoa of Flanders
    Anyone knows of other magazines doing previews?

LZ
    PC Gamer UK had a preview. PC Gamer US had a smaller preview.
    Last edited by TosaInu; 11-04-2007 at 14:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Clan
    Yes, it did thank you. Do you know how to get a bigger picture of each of those pages from the magazine the OP scanned in? It's ok if it's one big picture, but maybe each individual page enlargened?
    Sadly, posting or displaying any higher resolution in a public place is not legal. To gain the full article, you will probably have to purchase the relevant magazine issue. Sorry.
    Last edited by Omanes Alexandrapolites; 11-04-2007 at 00:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Omanes Alexandrapolites
    Sadly, posting or displaying any higher resolution in a public place is not legal. To gain the full article, you will probably have to purchase the relevant magazine issue. Sorry.
    With all due respect, I find it ironic that you are discoursing of irony when in fact a couple of scans from the magazine up close and personal from the magazine are in this very thread. At the same time, yes it probably isn't moralistic, but the magazine issue no longer is on stands, and is I think a couple months old. Therefore, legally, there is no longer any real binding, because the issue has ceased to be.

Sorry to disagree Mac Clan, but the image posted originally isn't actually a scan created by forum members - its taken from the magazine's official website, henceforth is legal.

The magazine, as far as I know, can still be ordered or requested from relevant German newsagents. Although I doubt many individuals will wish to do this, I would expect that making it available to non-buyers probably still is an offence.
    Last edited by Omanes Alexandrapolites; 11-04-2007 at 12:10.

When is Empire due for release?
    I support Israel

Quote Originally Posted by Omanes Alexandrapolites
    Sorry to disagree Mac Clan, but the image posted originally isn't actually a scan created by forum members - its taken from the magazine's official website, henceforth is legal.

The magazine, as far as I know, can still be ordered or requested from relevant German newsagents. Although I doubt many individuals will wish to do this, I would expect that making it available to non-buyers probably still is an offence.
    I don't want to offend, but I was referring to the scans that are up close and personal, like the scans of the Grenadiers, the action on the bridge, and the battle for the hillock. I was referring to those...are they from the mag?

Quote Originally Posted by Lorenzo_H
    When is Empire due for release?
    October 2008 I think..........

The horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.

So, anyone know what they mean by having a "tileless" campaign map?

Found the following whilst cruising the web http://www.totalpcgaming.com/. Some of the screen shots have been kicking around for a while but I'm not sure about the others. I'd be interested to see if they reveal anything new in the magazine as its been a while since they released anything.

Sorry Templar Knight, I took so long gawping at the images I finally posted this after you'd posted your comments in the thread below.
    Last edited by Matt_Lane; 11-12-2007 at 23:01.

I must say I like the sound of this new parliament feature.

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

been asked, answered already.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

I don't believe a word of it frankly.

If the last game couldn't give us shields for the soldiers there is every chance they'll forget the gunpowder for the muskets in this one.

I really want this to be good, but there is no evidence of quality control at CA.

Quote Originally Posted by pevergreen
    been asked, answered already.
    If you're responding to my question about how the tileless campaign works, no, there has been no answer. I have searched this thread a couple different times now, and no.

If it's already been answered feel free to enlighten me. Thank you.

Blog Entries

More screenshots

Blog Entries

added

The Dam Dog Senior Member Sheogorath's Avatar

Hah. Figures. The controls are an almost exact copy of Imperial Glory. Even the broadsides buttons.
    I hope that they change that in the final version. Having to micromanage all your ships at once ruined the naval combat in IG.
    Tallyho lads, rape the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers!

Quote Originally Posted by johnmcd
    If the last game couldn't give us shields for the soldiers there is every chance they'll forget the gunpowder for the muskets in this one.
    What in the world are you on about? No shields for soldiers in M2? WHAT?

Well, I took the two scans from Gamestar, and I translated them into English:

I hope this helps, although I suppose it was rather self explanatory. ~_~
    Last edited by Mac Clan; 11-23-2007 at 06:46.

Blog Entries

not really, that was very helpful to me at least

Quote Originally Posted by Sheogorath
    Hah. Figures. The controls are an almost exact copy of Imperial Glory. Even the broadsides buttons.
    I hope that they change that in the final version. Having to micromanage all your ships at once ruined the naval combat in IG.
    yeah i thought so too..they look like imperial glory in many ways (judging from the screenshots from IG) and they also look a bit borring...i think it's permanent..i hope it is

Chieftain of the Pudding Race Member Evil_Maniac From Mars's Avatar

From that screenshot it looks like organized withdrawls are out, at least for naval combat. Maybe they'll be in for land combat, but I doubt it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    From that screenshot it looks like organized withdrawls are out, at least for naval combat. Maybe they'll be in for land combat, but I doubt it now.
    It's hard to say, I translated that with my own knowledge and with help from German relatives (alot of it was them) so it's hard to say.

I didn't catch anything about being able to retreat, but it's always possible.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Selim_1
    yeah i thought so too..they look like imperial glory in many ways (judging from the screenshots from IG) and they also look a bit borring...i think it's permanent..i hope it is
    Trying to do all the commands on 20 ships? Giving the boarding crew orders? I bet it could be a LOT more exciting than land battles. Also remember that when you are controlling 20 and fighting 20, anymore complex controls could make it impossible. I trust them.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

The Dam Dog Senior Member Sheogorath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vuk Brankovic
    Trying to do all the commands on 20 ships? Giving the boarding crew orders? I bet it could be a LOT more exciting than land battles. Also remember that when you are controlling 20 and fighting 20, anymore complex controls could make it impossible. I trust them.
    Try controlling 20 ships in IG...its utterly impossible. The main issues for me where simple:
    Its nearly impossible to form a line of battle
    If you DO manage to form a line of battle, by the time you've organized your ships your group has sailed off/nearly sailed off the battle area
    The computer has no idea how naval combat works, but even so, it can command multiple ships at once with ease and thus can destroy you in any engagement with more than say, two ships, simply based on the fact that it manipulates all its ships at once, while a mere human simply cant effectivly command four ships across a whole map at once. Especially when they 'retreat' if they sail out of the battle area.

Unless theres some way to automate/command multiple ships at once (in an effecient manner), naval combat is screwed.
    IG's naval combat had the EXACT same commands as I see in the screenshots here.
    Tallyho lads, rape the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers!

Chieftain of the Pudding Race Member Evil_Maniac From Mars's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Clan
    It's hard to say, I translated that with my own knowledge and with help from German relatives (alot of it was them) so it's hard to say.

I didn't catch anything about being able to retreat, but it's always possible.
    I never bought the magazine (I subscribe to them, never buy from newsstands), but the interface itself seems to have only the classic R:TW button for "withdrawing" your troops. We can always hope the land battle ones are different.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheogorath
    Unless theres some way to automate/command multiple ships at once (in an effecient manner), naval combat is screwed.
    IG's naval combat had the EXACT same commands as I see in the screenshots here.

I hope it's just as with land battles. Select a ship and right-click where it goes. The pathfinding should take care of the rest. Going against the wind direction will take longer, of course, and you'll have to take that into consideration, but I just want to select 5 ships, right-click and draw a line and wait for them to get into formation.

If the wind's bad, then that's just the consequence of my bad decision. I don't want to navigate my ships myself, I'd play Pirates if I'd want that.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast