Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Romance of Three Kingdoms Interactive History

Lord Saika Magoichi Member Seign Thelas's Avatar

Default Re: Romance of Three Kingdoms Interactive History

Sorry for the huge wait, still missing a lot of orders, but the chapter will be up ASAP.

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by seignthelas
    Sorry for the huge wait, still missing a lot of orders, but the chapter will be up ASAP.

Excellet, Can't Wait

Chapter 3

Autumn 194

As the chill of Autumn sets in across North China, war erupts. Tensions between all of the Lords finally come to a head and the ambitions of the most powerful men in the land are revealed. In He Bei, Gongsun Zan, who had moved south to destroy the proud Yuan Shao of Nan Pi, began his attack. His troops, ten-thousand in all, charged nearly to the city gates before being met by the horde of Yuan Shao, which sallied forth from the city. Gongsun's men were able to score a large number of kills against their enemies, demoralizing them heavily, but Yuan Shao was not to be outdone. He had sent a sizeable force outside of the city to catch his reckless opponent in a pincer. Led by Yuan's heroic general, Wen Chou, the men crashed into Gongsun's rear flank, and forced the famed cavalry commander to retreat and camp a mile without the city walls. Liu Bei, Han Fu and Kong Rong sit idly by and observe to the situation.

In Ji, Liu Yu's armies were decisively defeated by Zhang Yang, and most of Liu Yu's generals, himself included were killed in battle. Zhang Yang is now a dominant force in the He Bei region.

In the Central Plains, the word on everyone's tongue is Ambition. Despite Cao Cao's silence, the other Lords of the Plains begin to enact their plans. Lu Bu is able to convince his brother-in-law, Cao Bao, who was the governor of Xiao Pei, and his friend Mi Fang to defect to his side, effectively turning the city and all its troops over to Lu Bu. And in a sudden stroke of ambition, Kong Zhou invades the great city of Xu Chang, gaining immense power.

Yizhou. The focal point of conflict through the land at this point in time. Lord Liu Zhang, after recently losing his city of Zi Tong to an attack by Zhang Lu, immediately sends a retaliatory army to take the city back. Their leader: Zhang Ren, supported by the great strategist, Fa Zheng. Zhang Lu had planned for an ambush on his enemy, but this was foiled by Fa Zheng. The ensuing battle saw in the area of 10,000 deaths. After Zhang Lu's men in hiding were caught by Fa Zheng's men and nearly routed, Zhang Wei, a brother of Zhang Lu, rallied the disheartened, outnumbered men and charged the enemy formation, breaking their frontline in half, after which, one half of it was demolished. While Zhang Ren gathered his beaten army and retreated 20 miles, Zhang Lu anxiously awaited the next engagement.

At the capital of Chang An, Li Jue received word of the raid on Chang An, and gathered a force to return the favor to Han Sui. However, en route, Li Jue had found that his border patrol was completely annihilated by a force from Tian Shui, and his men were forced to retreat after an engagement of little consequence. Both Han Sui and Li Jue's armies camped opposite each other, waiting for the other to make a move.

In the east, Sun Ce bolsters his military might and calls for an alliance against the villains, Li Jue and Guo Si, who have the Emperor captive in Chang An. The Lords of East Wu fully resent the upstart making such a bold move. The people of Sun Ce's lands even whisper of a number of spies for the government among them in Lu Jiang and Chai Sang, but these claims are unfounded. In Hui Ji, Wang Lang's victorious army returns home after routing a force of the Yue Empire. Dong Xi, the winning officer in the battle, is granted the rank of Commander General by Wang Lang, and Wang even declares himself "Regent of the Han's Eastern Territories".

Emperor Shi Xie of the Yue Empire enacts a number of reforms to government, one of which enrages nobles of the area, who uprise against the upstart Lord.

The Land of Jing remains peaceful, as Liu Biao rids the cities of the southern territories of rebels one by one, this season capturing Chang Sha.

Battle Summary
    (Winner is bolded)

Zi Tong: Zhang Lu vs. Liu Zhang (Ongoing as of yet.)
    Result: Zhang Ren is forced to retreat after heavy casualties.

Ji: Zhang Yang vs. Liu Yu
    Result: Destruction of Liu Yu's Force.

Hui Ji: Wang Lang vs. Shi Xie
    Result: Shi Xie's army takes severe casualties, and is routed.

Nan Pi: Yuan Shao vs. Gongsun Zan (Ongoing)
    Result: Gongsun is forced back a mile.

Tian Shui: Li Jue vs. Han Sui (Stalemate) (Ongoing)

Cities Under Attack (No drafting)
    Chang An
    Tian Shui
    Zi Tong
    Nan Pi

DEADLINE: October 18th

NOTE: I'm changing one rule about drafting, just to balance things a bit. No ruler will be able to draft from a city while that city is under attack. I will keep a list of these cities, as I have above.

Info PMs soon, guys.
    Last edited by Seign Thelas; 10-12-2007 at 18:51.

Do not assume, Han Sui, that because our battle ended in a stalemate that you are equal to my prowress!

Well, technically your battle with Han Sui is still going on. SO FAR it's a stalemate.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by King Jan III Sobieski
    Do not assume, Han Sui, that because our battle ended in a stalemate that you are equal to my prowress!

You are lucky Li Jue. I will have you Dead Soon!!

Interesting chapter again. Shame that I lack the knowledge of the era to really enjoy it to its fullest.
    Friendship, Fun & Honour!

"The Prussian army always attacks."
    -Frederick the Great

Quote Originally Posted by AggonyDuck
    Interesting chapter again. Shame that I lack the knowledge of the era to really enjoy it to its fullest.
    You could read up a bit at www.kongming.net it's a very informative site with a lot of information and bios on people in the game.

(Insert innuendo here) Member Balloon Bomber Champion DemonArchangel's Avatar

Question: I attacked #20. What happened to it?

Note: Wow, my nobles are rather... overreacting. Oh well, better to deal with them right now instead of dealing with them at a later date. I probably failed to capture #25 and #20 due to the... revolt I have on my hands.
    Last edited by DemonArchangel; 10-10-2007 at 03:03.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat View Post
    China is not a world power. China is the world, and it's surrounded by a ring of tiny and short-lived civilisations like the Americas, Europeans, Mongols, Moghuls, Indians, Franks, Romans, Japanese, Koreans.

Get those decisions in people, those deadlines sneak up on you.

Blog Entries

Get those decisions in people, those deadlines sneak up on you.

Be in Tonight, do not worry Seig

Just realized I wrote the PMs but didn't send them out.

-_-

Sorry about that, guys.

I'll have the deadline extended a day or two. How's the 18th sound?
    Last edited by Seign Thelas; 10-12-2007 at 18:51.

Blog Entries

Sounds good Seigs, Thanks

Jillian & Allison's Daddy Senior Member Don Corleone's Avatar

Li Jiu! There are still some nobles in Mei Guan that support the true emperor and will not tolerate your wickedness! Beware, I have mobilized my army, and have received permission to traverse... all the way to Chang An. I will march my armies as far West as I need to to catch you, you filthy dog! Even into the setting sun! I have been bored lately, perhaps I should take your wife as my Thursday night concubine #3.

Guo Si! You should be on the alrert as well! I come for you also, forked tongue! I will not rest until I rest my boots upon your back. When you have surrendered fully, I might let you live... to be my footstool! Your women are too ugly for me to even consider. That must be why both of your sons prefer the 'company of their soldiers'. Do you have any real men in your clan?

The two of you will pay for your atrocities against the emperor. Han Sui has started heaven's wrath against you, and I will join him, to add my army to his and smash you and send you to the hell of the dishonored, where you be boiled in lake of sulfur for all time! This is your last warning... release the emperor and remove yourselves from his lands. I will have no mercy when I finally arrive.

To the lords of Wu, I have no time for pathetic weaklings who claim to support the emperor, but will do nothing to help him. Maybe when I return, I'll teach you a thing or two about the way of the warrior, but for now, you may continue to cower behind your walls.
    Last edited by Don Corleone; 10-13-2007 at 13:12.
    "A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."
    Don Vito Corleone: The Godfather, Part 1.

"Then wait for them and swear to God in heaven that if they spew that bull to you or your family again you will cave there heads in with a sledgehammer"
    Strike for the South

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone
    Li Jiu! There are still some nobles in Mei Guan that support the true emperor and will not tolerate your wickedness! Beware, I have mobilized my army, and have received permission to traverse... all the way to Chang An. I will march my armies as far West as I need to to catch you, you filthy dog! Even into the setting sun! I have been bored lately, perhaps I should take your wife as my Thursday night concubine #3.

Guo Si! You should be on the alrert as well! I come for you also, forked tongue! I will not rest until I rest my boots upon your back. When you have surrendered fully, I might let you live... to be my footstool! Your women are too ugly for me to even consider. That must be why both of your sons prefer the 'company of their soldiers'. Do you have any real men in your clan?

The two of you will pay for your atrocities against the emperor. Han Sui has started heaven's wrath against you, and I will join him, to add my army to his and smash you and send you to the hell of the dishonored, where you be boiled in lake of sulfur for all time! This is your last warning... release the emperor and remove yourselves from his lands. I will have no mercy when I finally arrive.

To the lords of Wu, I have no time for pathetic weaklings who claim to support the emperor, but will do nothing to help him. Maybe when I return, I'll teach you a thing or two about the way of the warrior, but for now, you may continue to cower behind your walls.
    I am quivering, Sun Ce...

I fear neither you nor Han Su! It is fitting, but my wife has informed me that your wife was once a concubine...

Many turns missing.

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Many turns missing.
    Mine....?

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Yep, need yours.

I'll send mine later today then.

-Frederick the Great

Chapter soon.

Was doing the next chapter, then I got hit with immense writer's block. So it's half done, with all the PMs ready to go. I just need to think of something to write.

Blog Entries

Was doing the next chapter, then I got hit with immense writer's block. So it's half done, with all the PMs ready to go. I just need to think of something to write.

Take you Time Seig, you write good Stories

Chapter 4

Winter 194

The bitter cold of winter sets the scene for a dreary time in China. Despite the frost in the air, the flames of war burn on, and the warlords of the Land vie for power. In He Bei, Gongsun Zan is devastated by two of Yuan Shao's most powerful generals, Yan Liang and Wen Chou. Yan launched a night raid and crushed Zan's army, taking his sole heir hostage. And Wen Chou broke the routing enemy with an impetuous charge. But even in as Gongsun was routed, the valor of his general, Zhao Yun shone through, as he held off the enemy's pursuit with a cunning ambush. The Lord of Jin Yang, and self styled "King of Zhou", Zhang Yang, continued his seemingly unstoppable march through the land by took the burnt out former capital of Luo Yang, and began rebuilding it to its former glory. Han Fu, the Governor of Ye, broke his streak of inactivity and attacked Lu Bu with a force of 10,000. Led by the little known general, Zhang He, the forces of Han Fu were able to break Lu Bu's force through quite effectively raiding Lu Bu's army, causing them to fight amongst themselves, and subsequently routing the entire force, this put the city of Pu Yang in peril. Gongsun Du, Liu Bei, and Kong Rong, the other lords of the North region stood firm, awaiting their opportunity.

The situation in the Central Plains saw less bloodshed then that in Nan Pi and Bei Ping. Most of the Lords there seemed content with what they had at the moment, the only exception being Kong Zhou. He seized Wan, consolidating his power over the southern Central Plains.

Out west, the quarrel between Li Jue and Han Sui had ended with Li Jue victorious. Han was forced to retreat to Tian Shui licking his wounds. Guo Si and Ma Teng remain silent, as neither sees the advantage to fighting at the current time. In Chang An, it seems that the city is unexpectedly prospering under the successor to the tyrant Dong Zhuo. Li Jue's praises are sung by the people of the city and the surrounding areas. The Emperor even shows some favor towards Li. In contrast, Li's ally, Guo Si, in the western frontier city of An Ding, has been known to treat his people harshly, taxing them heavily and raiding outlying villages frequently. To the people of the region, he was a sickening reminder of the past.

Zhang Lu, the Lord of the Five Pecks of Rice School, in Han Zhong was, at this time, consolidating his hold on Northern Yizhou. He successfully repelled Zhang Ren's army through expert supply line harassment, led by his chief vassal and brother, Zhang Wei. After losing a number of men to desertion Ren saw the wisdom in retreating from battle before he was caught offguard with a starving army. Zhang Lu also began a relief campaign for the commoners living in and around his territory. This indeed won over many peasants, who began to make preparations to migrate to Han Zhong to pay respect to its just ruler.

In the Jiang Dong region, Sun Ce had begun making preparations to attack Jian Ye, the home base of Liu Yong. However, through plotting, Zhou Yu, Sun Ce's top strategist got in fighting to occur within Liu Yong's city. Liu was made to believe his vassal, Taishi Ci, was planning a revolt against his authority. In response, he sent a large punitive force under Zhang Ying to attack Taishi Ci, who was preparing a force of 5,000 men to do a reconnaisance mission in Sun Ce's territory. Taishi's men, all being loyal to him, were tipped off about the force coming for them and made preparations to destroy Zhang Ying. The battle went one way: Taishi Ci's. He killed Zhang Ying in personal combat and proceeded to destroy all of his men. Realizing his situation he attacked the rest of the city, forcing Liu Yong out. When Sun Ce's attack force arrived they came to a city owned by Ci. A small force came out to gauge Sun's strength, and promptly withdrew after a short personal combat between the two generals. Taishi surrendered the city the next day, and Sun Ce now possessed yet another potent force on the battlefield.

In Jing and Yue, things remain at peace as Liu Biao stands firm in his position and Shi Xie forces the rebel nobles in Jiao Zhi to back down and flee in the face of a large force.

Battle Summary
    (Winner is bolded)

Zi Tong: Zhang Lu vs. Liu Zhang
    Result: Zhang Ren is forced to retreat due to food shortages and problems with supply lines.

Nan Pi: Yuan Shao vs. Gongsun Zan
    Result: Gongsun is forced back to Bei Ping after losing over 2/3 of his force.

Tian Shui/Chang An: Li Jue vs. Han Sui
    Result: Han Sui's army is completely crushed and he is forced to retreat to Tian Shui.

Jian Ye: Sun Ce vs. Taishi Ci
    Result: Liu Yong is driven out of the city by Taishi Ci. Taishi Ci surrenders Jian Ye to Sun after a small skirmish.

Pu Yang: Han Fu vs. Lu Bu (Ongoing)
    Result: Pu Yang is under siege, Lu Bu retreats to the city.

Result

Cities Under Attack (No drafting)
    Pu Yang

Deadline: November 2nd

Blog Entries

You Will Pay for Massarcing my Army Li Jue!! I have other things to deal with now....

Han Sui

Cheers for another update! This is certainly a nice replacement fix to keep me going during this pause in Sengoku Jidai.

-Frederick the Great

Quote Originally Posted by {BHC}KingWarman888
    You Will Pay for Massarcing my Army Li Jue!! I have other things to deal with now....

Han Sui
    Bwaaahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Insert innuendo here) Member Balloon Bomber Champion DemonArchangel's Avatar

"Li Jue, I will rape your livestock and carry off your wives! Just you wait!"-Lord Shi Xie
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat View Post
    China is not a world power. China is the world, and it's surrounded by a ring of tiny and short-lived civilisations like the Americas, Europeans, Mongols, Moghuls, Indians, Franks, Romans, Japanese, Koreans.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonArchangel
    "Li Jue, I will rape your livestock and carry off your wives! Just you wait!"-Lord Shi Xie
    Just don't rape my Elephant; I love my elephant!

A day til the deadline, and one decision is in.

Decisions sent.

-Frederick the Great

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast