Thread: short question about trigger condition

Question short question about trigger condition

Hi there,

as I am somewhat reluctant to unpack all the data and start modding (I am a bit lazy at the moment ) I wanted to ask if the following is possible:

What really bugs me is that assassins killing enemy agents (assassins/spies) increases the "dread" trait rating of my king. I want to change it so that killing assassins/spies only effects the agents directly involved. Is there a condition with which I could check if the victim is an agent, so that I can could disable the dread-increase for my king in such a case?

Thanks in advance

Default Re: short question about trigger condition

well the momentary laziness has worn off and I started to dig a little deeper and found this in the docudemon_conditions.txt

-------------------------
    Identifier: AgentType
    Trigger requirements: character_record
    Parameters: character type (spy, assassin, diplomat, admiral, general, named character, family)
    Sample use: AgentType = diplomat
    Description: Test to see if a character is of a particular type (spy, admiral, named character &c.)
    Battle or Strat: Strat
    Class: CHARACTER_TYPE_TEST
    Implemented:Yes
    Author: Lee

this should do the trick - right?

Harbinger of... saliva Member alpaca's Avatar

No deal my friend, the associated events don't export any target information (and I don't think there'd be any conditions to check them either). AgentType will only check who's doing the assassination mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
    well the momentary laziness has worn off and I started to dig a little deeper and found this in the docudemon_conditions.txt

Identifier: AgentType
    Trigger requirements: character_record
    Parameters: character type (spy, assassin, diplomat, admiral, general, named character, family)
    Sample use: AgentType = diplomat
    Description: Test to see if a character is of a particular type (spy, admiral, named character &c.)
    Battle or Strat: Strat
    Class: CHARACTER_TYPE_TEST
    Implemented:Yes
    Author: Lee

this should do the trick - right?

thanks for your reply, you just saved me from wasting many hours trying . Too bad checking for AgentType doesn't work in this case.

Ok, I have your problem figured out, mostly.

In export_descr_character_traits.txt there are three trigger that effect this:
    Trigger agents5 (LeaderOrderedSpyingMission)
    Trigger agents8 (LeaderOrderedAssassination & MissionSucceeded)
    Trigger agents8a (LeaderOrderedAssassination & not MissionSucceeded)

All of these have a chance to give points in DeveiverVirtue and StrategyDread to your faction leader.
    agents5 will give your faction leader (100%) chance a Spymaster ancillary.
    agents8 will give your faction leader (100%) chance an AssassinMaster ancillary.
    agents8a has a 10% chance to give your faction leader an AssassinMaster also.

Lowering eliminating the percent chance for DeceiverVirtue and StrategyDread will help stop your faction leader from getting dread from your assassination and spying missions.

Enjoy, this will allow my Lithuanians to kill off all these pesky catholic priests in my regions will still retaining "-the Chivalrous".