Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A sword with no Country

Nascent Veteran Member Tiberius of the Drake's Avatar

Default Re: A sword with no Country

1.A
    2.C
    "Something can be done, by careful analysis, to sort out truth from propaganda and legend. But this is where the real difficulties begin, since each student inevitably selects, constitutes criteria, according to his own unconscious assumptions, social, ethical or political. Moral conditioning, in the widest sense, plays a far greater part in the matter than most people- especially the historians themselves-ever realize."
    -Peter Green

Alright after this one we'll get down to the actual fighting and things

As I reach the Polish army, my ragged band of volunteers and I are greeted uneasily by the camp guards. I speak french of course but none of my men so and so we are greated of course as foreigners and spies some of them even confusing our noble language for dirty german. Nonetheless we are let in eventually and reach a major willing to sign us all into his troop and to rearm us with muskets. We find a pole, however, who promises he can get us into a troop of lancers we are less prepared for this role but it would be easier for the men linguistically.
    My next problem is how do I pay the men. Should i give them men their enlistment bonus.
    Finally of course, there is the trouble of uniforms. I need a design and colors of course albiet everything costs.

1. Who do I join?
    A. The French Infantry
    B. The Lancers
    C. Some say that with the tyroleans and others ahead Napoleon may take on some riflemen. Attempt to keep your weapons and act as freelance skirmishers
    2. HOw do I pay them
    A. Pay out everything evenly.
    B. Keep a tenth, I am afterall the comander
    C. Pay them in booze worth a tenth of what they deserve and let them loot the rest after battle
    A. Take on the uniform of your unit
    B. Random voter suggested uniform (anything as random as the papal guard uniform)
    Drink Tea

Currently Reading: Nikolai Gogol's dead souls

Lord Saika Magoichi Member Seign Thelas's Avatar

1. B
    2. A
    3. B: Completely Red Uniforms with Masks. The Red Devils! Hurray Sengoku Jidai.

1C
    2A
    3B- Black with 28 stars on the uniform

A Confused Asian Member Ayachuco's Avatar
    In the No Man's Land between Homelessness and abject Poverty

1.B
    2.A
    3.B-how about a red jacket w/green pants with a Russian double-headed eagle with one of its heads chopped off.on the back of the coat
    Through the ages every weapon has evolved from two basic design philosophies, either a rock or a sharp pointy stick.

"We're not Communists, we're not pinko... we can't be, 'cause you pay to come and see us and we sell t-shirts at our gigs". Cedric Bixler-Zavala of At the Drive-In
    “I grew an afro. Not only did it make me cool, but it did wonders for my career. Oh, and I can get chicks now, too.” Omar Rodriguez-Lopez

Still warlusting... Member Warluster's Avatar

1.C
    2.A
    C.A

(Insert innuendo here) Member Balloon Bomber Champion DemonArchangel's Avatar

Dress un-sportingly.
    In camouflage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat View Post
    China is not a world power. China is the world, and it's surrounded by a ring of tiny and short-lived civilisations like the Americas, Europeans, Mongols, Moghuls, Indians, Franks, Romans, Japanese, Koreans.

Thread killer Member Rodion Romanovich's Avatar

1C
    2B
    3B, camouflage wasn't invented at the time, I think, so how about all black? Good for sneaking at night!
    Under construction...

"In countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia and Norway, there is no separation of church and state." - HoreTore

With the 25 men I already have under my command as well as the fact that they already come with swords and some arms, I have been given a company. They aren't much but I have declared us the black company. dressed purely in black with black facemasks as well. As we advance on Milan there are a few final decisions to be made, however, as your troop is sent out ahead. Do you bring guns or mantain your traditional lances and swords only? How do you march? and of
    1. Guns?
    A. YAY
    B. NAY for glory
    2. Advance in
    A. march in column it'll be faster even if a tad dangerous
    B. march in lines still close together
    C. Staggered lines
    D. Groups of X number of men
    3. and of course where do I go
    A. as the spearhead to lead any action
    B. in the center to be close to all of my men
    C. in reserve with the best of my men
    Drink Tea

Lord Saika Magoichi Member Seign Thelas's Avatar

1. Guns?
    B. NAY for glory

2. Advance in
    C. Staggered lines

3. and of course where do I go
    A. as the spearhead to lead any action

1A
    2C
    3A
    Under construction...

"In countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia and Norway, there is no separation of church and state." - HoreTore

1A
    2B
    3B

1.A
    2.C
    3.B
    Through the ages every weapon has evolved from two basic design philosophies, either a rock or a sharp pointy stick.

"We're not Communists, we're not pinko... we can't be, 'cause you pay to come and see us and we sell t-shirts at our gigs". Cedric Bixler-Zavala of At the Drive-In
    “I grew an afro. Not only did it make me cool, but it did wonders for my career. Oh, and I can get chicks now, too.” Omar Rodriguez-Lopez

Centurion, 13th Legion. Member Vorenus's Avatar

1. A
    2. D
    3. A

1.)A
    2.)C
    3.)B
    "Something can be done, by careful analysis, to sort out truth from propaganda and legend. But this is where the real difficulties begin, since each student inevitably selects, constitutes criteria, according to his own unconscious assumptions, social, ethical or political. Moral conditioning, in the widest sense, plays a far greater part in the matter than most people- especially the historians themselves-ever realize."
    -Peter Green

The road to Milan is rocky as you venture through the alps. Your second command demands that your men stay unmounted but you refuse believing that it would be to dangerous with your company divided in half.

He was right though or so it seems as your men lazily search each pass and valley slowly. There are peasants of course in the hills and a few travellers but nothing suspicious, just rolling hills and mountains

and then you hit the river...small but still impossible to ford. Thats when you begin to hear the shots. Your second squadron is still a little behind, taking up the rear. It is they who are being hit by these shots. The snipers are aiming at the horses meaning that this second squad will not be able to ride out of the situation.
    1. What do you do?
    A. Ride to your second squads aid immediately and bolster their position in the center.
    B. Same as A, just dismounted
    C. Attempt to flank the snipers or where you think they are on horse
    D. Same as C, just dismounted
    E. get the hell out
    2. Also what would you have your trapped men in the second squad do, you have a horn meaning there is atleast a slight chance of them hearing order.
    A. order them to hold making a circle within the dead horses
    B. charge at the snipers
    C. Run towards your position
    D. Run the oppisite way
    E. put up the white flag (whether to truely surrender or not is unknown)
    3. oddly, you certainly didnt expect it. Your masks while terrifying get in the way of the whole breathing and seeing things.
    A. Keep them on, fear will break our enemies
    B. Take them off, bullets will destroy our enemy
    Drink Tea

1C
    2A
    3A

The AAA Advantage for me!
    1.A
    2.A
    3.A

i guessin this is dead...
    -Peter Green

1C
    2E
    3B
    Under construction...

As your men furiously charge through the woods, you notice not only your force slowly deteriorating but also that the forest almost seems to be closing in. You decide that it could just be your mask though and you ride on a little longer until deciding that undeniably you are going where right where the ambushers want you... Decision time ... but not before a volley comes crashing through the forest killing many of your men's horses

1. Okay seriously do you want the masks on as terrifying as they are? They got you into this trap
    A. Hell yea
    B. Hell no
    2. Half of your men have been dishorsed and a few are injured do you?
    A. Leave them and run away
    B. Dismount and form a circle around them
    C. Charge out
    3. You still also have the other men, the ones who had been initially ambushed by the other flank of the enemy
    A. Have them hold
    B. Call them to you
    C. Order them into the other set of woods to find the other set of enemies

I'm sorry I though I said that I wanted this to work by whenever every decision had two people agreeing to the same choice
    like this essentially. I would only need two people except for the third question in which there is no clear agreement. The third person however does accomplish this by giving us a distinct choice for question 3
    person 1 Person 2 Person 3
    1. A A S
    2. B B D
    3. C Z Z
    Drink Tea

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

1. A with them on you might as well place a coin over each eye slit

2. C of the kill zone and flank the ambushers

3. B with a mental note that if you survive this, practice your reacting to ambush drills

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I agree, ACB
    Under construction...

Filled with a new sense of energy as bullet fly toward you, you throw off your mask, smirking at the men hidden in the trees. Without the mask you can even see a few of them. Your pistols manage to find them too as you and your men try and drive through the ambush and reach a safe place to reorganize. It seems from how things are going without masks that you may not even need to as your men drop sniper after sniper from the trees. Even those that remain are slowly cut apart as your second platoon slowly advances firing accurately into the trees. Even so you are losing more men and even having removed this ambush, there is still the question of whether or not it is worth it all and you will retain your comand

1. The battle isn't quite over yet
    A. get off the horses to maintain accuracy
    B. Run Away
    C. Try and burn the entire forest down
    2. You have lost a good number of men and horses. will you even retain your command if you return
    A. Flee to any direction and find a safe haven
    B. defect to the other side and pretend you don't know what happened to the ambushers
    C. Fall back to Napoleons army, things happen and I'm sure the army will understand
    D. Stay in the field and continue the recon mission
    3. The ground is now litered with bloodstained uniforms of both sides. Once this battle is over it might be useful to take the enemy uniforms. It would certainly give you the heads up against any other ambushes or atleast those that the Italians are trying to pull. With Napoleon coming it might not be worth the risk of friendly fire
    A. take the ambushers uniforms-your own are too gaudy anyways
    B. Divide half and half, that way you can pretend the other half are prisoners if it comes to that
    C. keep your old uniforms. They were expensive enough anyways.
    3. Uniforms
    Drink Tea

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

1. A
    2. D
    3. C

You're confusing me on 3. Take the uniforms and anything of value but keep wearing your own.

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12