Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Latest Eye Candy Shots

Default Re: Latest Eye Candy Shots

The mesh is being built and since I am basing it on a Ballista, it seemed the simplest way of working. No point in making a fancy machine model if I can't make the flames work!!!!
    Careless Orc Costs Lives!

Come to daddy Member Geoffrey S's Avatar

Is nice. Is very nice.
    "The facts of history cannot be purely objective, since they become facts of history only in virtue of the significance attached to them by the historian." E.H. Carr

oh NOM NOM NOM Member Spankfurt's Avatar

I <3 u Bwian
    ­­well guys, im off like a lepper teste

Inteligent.. :P
    No serusly, this mod gets better and better!, But dont you need kingdoms to see the flames?

...thought so too...
    Doesn´t it run from the kingdoms.exe? (boiling oil effects)

i guess he copied out the effect so it works with METW2.exe
    For Middenheim & The Empire!

Kingdoms is definitely NOT required to get the effects. All the required particle effects etc. have been around since RTW, and the stock M2TW engine works just fine for producing flames. All I needed was to find out the right settings to get the smoothness and flow rates right, and you get FLAMES. The effects for people burning etc. are all there in M2TW as well for use when troops are hit by flaming ballista or catapult shots. Whatever they changed for the Kingdoms exe, it was not related to the particle effects!

I looked at the kingdoms particle stream effects to get an idea of how they did them for the greek fire, layering 3 on top of each other, where I was trying to do it with a single one. Once I saw that, the rest was easy!

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

The flames look a little white atm, but the effect looks awe inspiring.

I think they are suposed to be white.. Its actualy burning fluid, not flames..

Dwarven bolt throwers are in game and working

Nice but are the Dwarves praying for the Ballista to move?
    Also the Flame is looking very cool Bwian.

Quote Originally Posted by Eufarius
    Nice but are the Dwarves praying for the Ballista to move?
    Uhm, so you mean it looks good in vanilla medieval when they move siege equipment or what? Making animations takes time, and making that animation look perfect is almost impossible.

How cool :P
    Not the most awe inspiering thing you've made, but realy impressing seen as it is a sige engine not a unit, with i take for beeing harder. Cant wait for the cannon! (is it possible to add to the number of cannons so that you got 1 or 3 or 4 in one unit? i yust did it in rome, but are uncertan if it works in medieval)

The problem with the dwarves pushing in the right place was easy to solve in RTW...the push points were defined in descr_engines. In M2TW, they have gven them some odd file type I can't read or change....GGrrrr

Once I find out how to do this, I will set them right. I also need to change the position for the flame cannon. Right now, the Dwarves standing out front tend to get fried by their own gun every time it fires.... not nice at all!

And yes...siege gear is a lot more complicated! You have seperate damage models, as well as a collision model and a more complicated set of text files to mess with. Units are much more fun and a lot easier to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwian
    The problem with the dwarves pushing in the right place was easy to solve in RTW...the push points were defined in descr_engines. In M2TW, they have gven them some odd file type I can't read or change....GGrrrr
    Aren´t some of the siege machinery files encoded in python?
    Think I read something about that. (haven´t tried changing them myself)

I was kidding I kno.

oh NOM NOM NOM Member Spankfurt's Avatar

I appreciate the humour Eufarius, Zapp is just a downer ;)
    ­­well guys, im off like a lepper teste

Yay! thank you Spankfurt but Zapp is correct I know how hard it is to do animations to actually fit but it's all good.

And Bwian keep up the good work looking forward to it.

Haha, I didn't mean to sound pessimistic or anything :) But yeah, it's hard.

Took a leaf out of the Kingdoms book, and now have a flame-cannon that looks like it really should do!
    Looks like a giant Super Soaker. :D

Good work dude. ;)

Not been much eye-candy of late, since I have been working with KE to solve the Chariot problem, plus some other things that will bear fruit later on....

What I have done, though, is to finish off the Dwarf units. Aside from a general model, standard bearer and musician unit, the troops are all done now.

Iron Breakers:

Quite pleased with the way these guys have turned out.

Great work on those little stunties... can´t wait to see them in action!

This place called Mars... do you know of it?

Not been much eye-candy of late, since I have been working with KE to solve the Chariot problem, plus some other things that will bear fruit later on....

What I have done, though, is to finish off the Dwarf units. Aside from a general model, standard bearer and musician unit, the troops are all done now.

Iron Breakers:

Quite pleased with the way these guys have turned out.
    Verry nice my friend. BTW, who are they fighting in the second pic? Looks like some Orks.
    "No one said it was gonna be easy! If it was, everyone would do it..that's who you know who really wants it."

All us men suffer in equal parts, it's our lot in life, and no man goes without a broken heart or a lost love. Like holding your dog as he takes his last breath and dies in your arms, it's a rite of passage. Unavoidable. And honestly, I can't imagine life without that depth of feeling.-Bierut

Nope those are Chaos warriors or marauders
    and Bwian are shields like that? or will they be filled with emblems and stuff?

They are indeed fighting Chaos Warriors Alletuin hasn't finished the Orcs, and I don't have them in the test build yet.

Shields are DEFINITELY NOT staying like that! I have just given them a solid block of colour on the texture since I have not decided exactly how the shields will be patterned. I also wanted to make sure that I didn't forget!

There are actually 3 variations of pattern in there...but all are just plain orange. I will decide the patterning soon when I do the standards and decide on a llogo for the faction.

I Like the orange shields, kind of reminding me of the orangejuse my grandmom used to make on those hot summer holidays down south.. :P

No seriusly. Arent the ironbrakers lakking a bit in armor? Or does it come in a uppgraded armor version too? I dont see the tinncans i had imagened.

But i want to see the cannon!!

(PS That odd knight who show up on all your pictures out of context with everything is realy getting on my nerves:P)
    Last edited by A Norseman; 10-15-2007 at 16:30.

Plate mail from head to foot ... How much armour did you want on these guys! They still need to move

The shields will change shortly ( and mean I have to re-do some work, since I forgot to map the shield backs to the wooden texture

The dodgy Knight will go once I have general models in place for the Dwarves. The dodgy knight they are often seen killing will go when I replace all the OTHER general models!

THAT is some impressiv work! really like the armour, hope we'll see something similary with bretonnia.

Bringer of the End Times Member alexader's Avatar

yes i think that the armor is enough but the faces should be covered too,and a suggestion,i think that the veteran models like longbeards and iron breakers(or hammeres)should have white breads because they are old enough,and to finish they have plate armor in the torso,not chainmale.but they are still good.nice job bwian,keep it up,also i had post for suggestion the AI(darth mod should be very good)what do you think about that,finally you run the job here.it's your choice.Keep walking
    "VAE VICTUS"

i think alex is right when he ses they need there faces covered (even if just a few) as it will make them look a whole lot more menacing
    For Middenheim & The Empire!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast