Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest Eye Candy Shots

Default Latest Eye Candy Shots

New build cards for the Tomb Kings ... looking OK.

Next up, we have the Dwarven Hammerers. Heavier armour than the regular warriors...and with Hammers. Naturally!

Next, the heavy warriors in battle.

Next, we have the longbeards. Have some issues with the rigging as far as the beards are concerned...but they just about work OK as I have them now. The damn beards REALLY get in the way!

Finally for today, another shot of the heavy troops ready for a fight

Spent the rest of the weekend clearing out all the stock models from the modeldb and export_descr_unit to make them a bit tidier, and struggling with the animations for the crew. For some reason, the animations for the crew are scattered over several directories ... just to make it really awkward.....
    Careless Orc Costs Lives!

Default Re: Latest Eye Candy Shots

Lovely!

Good to see some progress on on the mod after a short brake (in the showcase that is :P)
    I like most of the dwarf, but i think there is some issues. firstly, i dont like the scalemail for some reason, it dont look as good as the other armours i've seen you make. in a normal mod, this wuld not have been an issue, but your other works have set the standards too high for this one..
    Last edited by A Norseman; 10-01-2007 at 01:00.

deleated dubble post
    Last edited by A Norseman; 10-01-2007 at 00:59.

The screenshots don't show it very well. The scale-mail does look OK when you see it 'firsthand' as it were!

Make the mallet heads smaller, these are Dwarven Warriors with iron/steel hammers going to war, not Dwarves with rubber mallets playing WHACKAMOLE...
    Mod leader of Warhammer; Total War

That would be the ones on the Longbeards....

Yup..could be you are right. They didn't look that big in MS3D...but now I come to think of it

Mind you..it's not Whackamole .... it's Whackanorc

Great units, especially lovely axe blade textures.

Hmm, looks awesome.. Just one thing bugs me, and that is that all the dwarves hands seems too small compared to the rest of the body. Maybe it's some issue with animations or something, but I really think you should scale the hands up, and then also scale up the "handles"/"shafts"/whatever (if you know what I mean) of the axes and hammers.

i´ve been lurking around this part of the forum along time, though i never posted before, just wanted to say good work, i love the dwarves, and i can´t see a problem with the hands, though i agree about the handles of the hammers, especially the ones the longbeards have, maybe they should be scaled up a bit, to fit the massive hammer, seems like it would brake quite easily under that weight...or as you said yourself scale down the hammer itself...anyway it looks wicked, good luck with the mod bwian!

was wondering when we would get some more screnies, dwarfs looking very nice though the weapons look a bit big

Quote Originally Posted by Bwian
    Mind you..it's not Whackamole .... it's Whackanorc
    i loled
    For Middenheim & The Empire!

The Longbeard hammers ( the big mallet one ) has been made smaller and more in proportion. It looks a lot better now. Hands wise, they were in proportionas far as I can see. The arms and armour on the Dwarves does bulk things up quite a bit, and I don't really see them as being oversize.

What do others think? I am trying to get the look spot on, but don't want to fall into the 'Citadel Trap' where things get steadily bigger, bulkier and generally more caricatured with each successive change. If the consensus is that the hands should be bigger, then I will change it. It's quite a lot of work ( 9 units..4 lods ...though I would probably not bother with the lower detail versions in truth) so I don;t want to change it really... but I will if I have to!

Next shots will be of the new siege gear. Which is proving to be a pain! Lots of fiddly bits on the Ballista, and I have to work to the stock bones pattern.

As i see it, those dwarfs look supreeme. My issues were with the scalemail and the big hammer (wich the latter did not make it into my comment arbove for some reason ;P) If you think the scalemail is fine, and the hammers are toned down, i am perfecly happy with the dwarfs the way they are.

Yeah, as always, great work! I think it's all right with hands. There is no need to recreate base dwarf models.

the hands look fine to me

Bringer of the End Times Member alexader's Avatar

ohh God,bwian very nice work,they look amazing,they can smash everything in there way with those big hammers,keep it up....
    "VAE VICTUS"

acctiualy, I have changed my mind, sorry. The hand is a problem. I think they are too thin, and look a bit odd. It is my opinion that if it is not too time demanding, I think you shuld make the hands broader.

Quote Originally Posted by A Norseman
    acctiualy, I have changed my mind, sorry. The hand is a problem. I think they are too thin, and look a bit odd. It is my opinion that if it is not too time demanding, I think you shuld make the hands broader.
    Exactly what I think too.

But seriously, that's just a small thing, don't bother change them if you don't think they're too small, Bwian ;)

We could always settle it with a show of hands .... ( sorry!)

This is the most interesting mod for M2tw for sure. Probably teh most awaited. Congratulations for teh mod.

Small thing.... but I figured I had better get this working before I built a flame cannon for the Dwarves. Just need to improve the 'flow' of the flames, so there are fewer gaps in the stream. Flames look about how I want them, and they will be looking good when they are done.

Would also help if I didn't mess up the screengrab too!

Damn... wish I knew how to get such flame effects into my mod.
    Looks very nice though :)

This place called Mars... do you know of it?

Very nice Bwian, it's been quite a while since your last drooler.
    "No one said it was gonna be easy! If it was, everyone would do it..that's who you know who really wants it."

All us men suffer in equal parts, it's our lot in life, and no man goes without a broken heart or a lost love. Like holding your dog as he takes his last breath and dies in your arms, it's a rite of passage. Unavoidable. And honestly, I can't imagine life without that depth of feeling.-Bierut

wow
    only wish the screen grab was better quality

Looking sharp as always chief

I don't really mind the giant hammers, but it's probably better for the overall aesthetic to tone them down a smidgen. The hands could do with being a *bit* bigger, but I don't know if it's worth going through all the models to change them. Maybe just make the armoured hands bigger and leave the unarmoured/gloved ones.

It's a shame CA took out that 2h animation from the previews where the attacker thwacks the foe in the face, trips him up, and smacks him twice in the chest. That would be brilliant for the Longbeards' and Hammerers' tenderizers!

"Know, O Prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the Sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world, like blue mantles beneath the stars...
    Is fhearr fheuchainn na bhith san duil.

Annoying Warhammer know-it-all Member DrZoidberg's Avatar

I'd say the dwarves are perfect. Good job.
    Sorry you must have been boring. -Dr Zoidberg

Took a leaf out of the Kingdoms book, and now have a flame-cannon that looks like it really should do!

wow, just wow

That's what I calling "The Amazing Work"!!! Holy shit! Just can't wait do throw my orcs in all-out assault against such a machine!

Yea, But you havent made the acctual machine yet? Or are the dwarfs using some ingenius balista engine ;P

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast