Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: WWI Inerative MK II

Default Re: WWI Inerative MK II

So i'm taking I can't send Airaids, send in tanks, send in warships?
    "I thought CA was unarmed? Unless he got some samurai swords or something... I only got some rocks and some sticks." Shlin in BR realizing he has no weapons what so ever.

Prince of Maldonia Member Toby and Kiki Champion, Goo Slasher Champion, Frogger Champion woad&fangs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoadKill
    So i'm taking I can't send Airaids, send in tanks, send in warships?
    Tanks were not used until the Somme offensive in 1916 so you'll probably have to wait a little while. Also, tanks in the First World War were slow, vulnerable to artillery fire and mechanically unreliable. Aircraft in WWI were mostly used for reconaisscance and destroying Deutch Zeppelins. They also were not large enough to carry serious payloads of explosives. As for warships, They actually played a large role in causing Britain's entrance into the war and if the naval battle of Jutland had swung in favor of Deutschland than the war could have turned out vastly differently. So feel free to unleash your Castles of Steel upon us.
    Why did the chicken cross the road?

So that its subjects will view it with admiration, as a chicken which has the daring and courage to boldly cross the road,
    but also with fear, for whom among them has the strength to contend with such a paragon of avian virtue? In such a manner is the princely
    chicken's dominion maintained. ~Machiavelli

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Swissland is landlocked, Thank God, so no Naval attacks on my Country. Tanks weren't good. They were good for killing over the Barbed Wire and scarign your foes at force, but later on, people got used to them.

One easily trifled with Member Target Champion Motep's Avatar

Ill have to make something for naval and air actions...If any of you have a standing policy...

As for tanks, those deathtraps wont be involved untill 1916.
    Last edited by Motep; 10-04-2007 at 02:57.
    TosaInu shall never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by seignthelas
    So am I in?
    I forgot to update thet...But, yes. You are.

Can I be Belgium?

Edit: Norway declared independence from Sweden in 1905.
    Last edited by Ignoramus; 10-04-2007 at 03:53.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ignoramus
    Can I be Belgium?
    Damn you Ig! I shall be first on the waiting list then I guess.

As an outside observer I say let them hand over the Black Hand if they wish. WWI is still bound to happen and it would be interesting if it occurred without Serbia or with a Serbian Aggressor... something like that.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Lord Saika Magoichi Member Seign Thelas's Avatar

What's my situation right now. All I know is I'm in the center of the spotlight.

Still warlusting... Member Warluster's Avatar

Ah, WWi IH, this brings back some good/bad memories.

I shall be watching eagerly.

Quote Originally Posted by CountArach
    Damn you Ig! I shall be first on the waiting list then I guess.
    No you won't be. Norway should be available if Motep sees my previous post.

Anyway, Belgium isn't exactly the rosiest faction to be in this scernario.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

True. but I have a thing for the underdogs. I was Serbia last game.
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone
    I think Austria-Hungary is still open. If so, I would like to sign up for them. If not, no problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by {BHC} KingWarman888
    I want to be Switzerland. I be the Swiss!

OCC: We're all together again, just like old times!!!

Retired Senior Member Prince Cobra's Avatar
    Blog Entries

By the way, what exactly are we supposed to do now? Declaring our diplomacy stance or we should start making plans? What about the neutral countries?

By the way, here what I found in the good Shepherd maps:

http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/histo..._1871_1914.jpg

Yet we will need another map for the game.
    R.I.P. Tosa...

BOO!!!!!!!
    Why isnt anyone supporting poor Serbia... Come on Entente! I'm not in the Entente and I am the only one representing it!!!

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shlin28
    BOO!!!!!!!
    Why isnt anyone supporting poor Serbia... Come on Entente! I'm not in the Entente and I am the only one representing it!!!

Because We must rRemain Netrual. And it's none of Swisliztland's concern, since it is not our Matter.

Arthur Hoffmann

Quote Originally Posted by shlin28
    BOO!!!!!!!
    King Peter,

Serbia's crys are heard from the wilderness and Greece shall respond. I support you, my Balkan brother!

Κωνσταντίνος A', Βασιλεύς των Ελλήνων
    Constantine I, King of the Hellenes

Wait was I suppose to end a pm to Kal' motep yet?
    "I thought CA was unarmed? Unless he got some samurai swords or something... I only got some rocks and some sticks." Shlin in BR realizing he has no weapons what so ever.

Greece will pay for their foolishness, and, like Serbia, will be swiftly dealt with. Siding with a murderer is just as bad as being the murderer.

-Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria, Apostolic King of Hungary

---

Can I have a summary of what I'm taking over, and what I'm supposed to do for this first turn?

Thanks for the map. Ill make Norway seperate...(tomorrow, I dont have the time today)
    IG gets Belgium, CA gets norway.

Yes, make your plans and diplomacy choices now, folks.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seignthelas
    Greece will pay for their foolishness, and, like Serbia, will be swiftly dealt with. Siding with a murderer is just as bad as being the murderer.

---

Can I have a summary of what I'm taking over, and what I'm supposed to do for this first turn?
    I am still awaiting what you wish me to do. Probably be best to send it by PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Norway announces strict Neutrality in the Austro-Serbian war. However, I will make it clear that any aggression with no reason shall no go unpunished.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

OOC:I think you should have started us out as it was in history, but that is my opinion. It would get the game moving faster.

We wish to uphold our neutrality in any conflicts between the major powers. Should our neutrality be violated, we shall have no hesitation in joining the enemies of our enemies.

Albert, King of the Belgians.

I formally declare war on Serbia and her allies. I shall mobilize 50% of my total military might.

Prince of Maldonia Member Toby and Kiki Champion, Goo Slasher Champion, Frogger Champion woad&fangs's Avatar

Leaders of Austria-Hungary, The Serbians have repeatedly tried to make amends. It is now clear to us that you are nothing more than a petty and imperialistic country. Our alliance is based off of self defense so we wish to inform you that you will not have the aid of Italy in this war. Serbia's sovereignty should not be threatened because of the actions of a few of its citizens. I'm sure you too have some riff-raff in your country. Let the Black Hand be tried in an international court or else we will be forced by dignity, honor, and chivalry to protect the weaker Serbians from your expansionist ways.

In short, I switch to the Entente.

Edit: It seems that war has begun and Serbia's right to freedom has been violated. We officially declare war on Deutchland(Germany). I too will mobilize 50% of my total military might.
    Last edited by woad&fangs; 10-05-2007 at 02:56.
    Why did the chicken cross the road?

So that its subjects will view it with admiration, as a chicken which has the daring and courage to boldly cross the road,
    but also with fear, for whom among them has the strength to contend with such a paragon of avian virtue? In such a manner is the princely
    chicken's dominion maintained. ~Machiavelli

No matter cowards will always be cowards.

OOC: This shouldn't be allowed. The major powers should follow history, otherwise it is going to be a very short interactive.

How can Germany survive against France, Russia, and Austria? It can't. As a result, the Germans will stay neutral, and this game will grind to a halt.

I suggest that the Entente(Britain, France, and Russia) and the Central Powers(Germany and Austria-Hungary), should at least follow history until 1915.

Edit: And the Austrians hated the Serbs, they wouldn't merely accept the assasination of the heir to the throne by a Serbian as not being important.
    Last edited by Ignoramus; 10-05-2007 at 02:59.

What you say bears weight. Allow the Black Hand to be tried in an international court. I will formally acquit them of all charges in my country. Either way, if I release them or not, however, Serbia will bear the weight of the Black Hand's sin. The murder of my heir must be paid for in the blood of the culprits, and if the Black Hand is vindicated, their countrymen must take the fall for them.

Last edited by Seign Thelas; 10-05-2007 at 03:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignoramus
    OOC: This shouldn't be allowed. The major powers should follow history, otherwise it is going to be a very short interactive.

How can Germany survive against France, Russia, and Austria? It can't. As a result, the Germans will stay neutral, and this game will grind to a halt.

I suggest that the Entente(Britain, France, and Russia) and the Central Powers(Germany and Austria-Hungary), should at least follow history until 1915.
    That's Italy.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast