Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feature Requests

Default Re: Feature Requests

Quote Originally Posted by Vorian
    A full stack of elites of a defeated faction appearing out of nowhere is stupid imo. If there is a rebellion I would imagine swarms of peasants and levies.
    I could definately see some medium infantry with more than a few chevrons (representing veterans of the old faction - depending upon the length of time since the last king), backed up by one or two missile units and one or two crappy cavalry units, and the General, d'accord. The rest would most likely be citizen-farmers, so that could also mean fairly well-equipped men. Hoplites or Swordsmen? The General would have good equipment, and some quality. After all, he is in all probability a nobleman. Which means he has money. Which means some mercenaries, too. Could even see some defectors of your own troops, if they were raised in a regional MIC. I think it adds a level of difficulty to the game, and realism. History is rife with insurrection and rebellion, shism and civil war.

Perhaps, make it only on VH? If that's possible?
    Last edited by HistoryProf; 10-08-2007 at 01:03.

Slightly off Topic I know but, with the amount of work to required to complete EB 1.0 and resolve any outstanding issues, and with the announcement of "Empires", will the team continue to work on EB2 or will it support EB1 until the release of Empires to see if it offers better prospects for modding?

Lover of Toight Vahjoinas Member Bootsiuv's Avatar

TBH I was hoping for a playable beta of EB2 by the time empires is released (late '08/early '09). I'm no member though, so who knows.
    SSbQ*****************SSbQ******************SSbQ

Megas Alexandros's heir Member Spoofa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsiuv
    TBH I was hoping for a playable beta of EB2 by the time empires is released (late '08/early '09). I'm no member though, so who knows.

Lol, i have a sneaking suspicion that the EB members are going to spend the rest of their lives converting EB to the latest Total war games.

Lover of Toight Vahjoinas Member Bootsiuv's Avatar

I'm beginning to wonder how many more titles in the TW series will be made. There isn't a lot of untread ground gameplay wise.

And, before a million people start chiming in with 'ancient persia', 'the pelleponesian wars', etc., etc. etc., yes, I know there is alot of time periods and areas of the world that haven't been covered.

That being said, aside from some ai improvements, new features (better diplomacy), etc. will it really be that different from R:TW?

I hope they do make another TW title for years to come, but, eventually, the series will likely have run it's course.
    SSbQ*****************SSbQ******************SSbQ

Megas Alexandros's heir Member Spoofa's Avatar

better graphics, RTS like city building improvements?
    ability to create colonies wherever?

better AI is always welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsiuv
    I'm beginning to wonder how many more titles in the TW series will be made. There isn't a lot of untread ground gameplay wise.

And, before a million people start chiming in with 'ancient persia', 'the pelleponesian wars', etc., etc. etc., yes, I know there is alot of time periods and areas of the world that haven't been covered.

That being said, aside from some ai improvements, new features (better diplomacy), etc. will it really be that different from R:TW?

I hope they do make another TW title for years to come, but, eventually, the series will likely have run it's course.
    I dont mind covering the same time period again if there are suficient improvements in the game engine to give a new gaming experience.
    However, I see that EB 1 is now released so I think I'll be playing that for some time.

At this point I would like to thank the makers of the original game. Without them EB/RTR would not be possible.
    But the biggest thanks goes to the modders. Without them RTW/BI would be gathering dust on a shelf somewhere.

While I cannot say that EB started my interest in ancient history, (that credit goes to David Gemmell RIP for Lion of Macedon & The Dark Prince), they have revived my interest in the history of the period greatly. The men who fought in those warbands/phalanx's and legions could not possibly know the esteem with which they are held today. Their valour & courage is what makes that period of history so rich and vibrant.

With the release of EB 1.0 we celebrate all that they achieved or died for. I raise a glass to the modders, and hope that the gods looked kindly on those that fell in battle.

I like what I've read thus far. I think that garrison units that spawn under siege should be immobile, crappy militias who have fled the country to defend the city. But I think it should be up to the player to make sure that better trained units are nearby to meet any invasion.
    These spawning of these units should take away 1000 minai to represent the arming and feeding of these refugees turned soldiers.

A script to disband them after the siege would be awesome, as they would return to being productive citizens.

Keep coming up with these awesome ideas!

The Galatian, AtB Member Member Admetos's Avatar

Unfortunatly, it's impossible to disband units using the script. You could play with a house rule to immediatly after the siege has been broken or lifted, but the AI wont disband units given to it for free, no matter how bad, although, if it was possible, I think personally it would be a good idea, even if only in certain areas.

Support Asia ton Barbaron, the Eastern Mod for EB, on The Guild and TWC.
    Former barman at the EB Tavern.
    My balloons:

How about using the new multiple special abilities (Ex Trebuchet) to make more for example, roman legions form the testudo and also the diamond fomation and that one to repel cavalry too? :]

The Galatian, AtB Member Member Admetos's Avatar

I'm pretty certain you can't mod ablities. And I always thought the Romans could form the testudo?

Support Asia ton Barbaron, the Eastern Mod for EB, on The Guild and TWC.
    Former barman at the EB Tavern.
    My balloons:

They do, sorry. Expressed myself badly..
    I wish they could form the diamond and other formations too, rather than only the testudo. And I don't know if its possible, but If is like RTW, then you can change the abilities, yeah.

Sorry for the double post. I used the trebuchet as an example, since it has 2 special abilities, the standard projectile, the fire projectile and the cow. So I guess other units may have more than one ability too

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

This was discussed internally, and IIRC only siege equiptment can have more than one special ability. Regular units are still stuck with a single special ability in M2TW.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12