Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: The Antigonids : A Makedonian AAR

Not your friend Member General Appo's Avatar
    As far away from you as possible. Scuzzbucket.

Default Re: The Antigonids : A Makedonian AAR

Or just FD everything to the Casse and say that you were unexpectedly invaded by some barbarians.
    The Appomination

I don't come here a lot any more. You know why? Because you suck. That's right, I'm talking to you. Your annoying attitude, bad grammar, illogical arguments, false beliefs and pathetic attempts at humour have driven me and many other nice people from this forum. You should feel ashamed. Report here at once to recieve your punishment. Scumbag.

Βασιλευς και Αυτοκρατωρ Αρχης Member Centurio Nixalsverdrus's Avatar

Default AW: Re: The Antigonids : A Makedonian AAR

Thank you for your explanations MAA. A few days ago I looked for two hours through the whole AAR and copied all the explanations on the technical side you gave to us into a .txt on my harddrive.

Quote Originally Posted by General Appo
    Or just FD everything to the Casse and say that you were unexpectedly invaded by some barbarians.
    Way to cheap for such an obra cumbre of all AARs, General Appo.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Gonzo
    Hence, it would be the end of the Antigonids, the founders of the Arche Makedonia, and the beginning of the Pyrrhid line.
    The new line, if Pyrrhos is victorious, will be Cripploidos then? (Pyrrhos the Crippled, get it?)
    Likstrandens ormar som spyr blod och etter, Ni som blint trampar Draugs harg
    På knä I Eljudne mottag död mans dom, Mot död och helsvite, ert öde och pinoplats

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Default Re: AW: Re: The Antigonids : A Makedonian AAR

Well, Pyrrhos and Philippos are descendants of Antigonos Monophthalmos, so they can claim to remain part of the Antigonid Dynasty. I was thinking of starting a whole new thread called "The Pyrrhic Dynasty : A Makedonian AAR", though. I don't know how long I'll keep playing, though and if a new thread would be worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Centurio Nixalsverdrus
    Thank you for your explanations MAA. A few days ago I looked for two hours through the whole AAR and copied all the explanations on the technical side you gave to us into a .txt on my harddrive.
    My next trick will be adding Polybian Romani units to the Makedonike roster.
    (I need an allied Roman legion.)

Oi! I just played that battle and it sucked. I killed everything but two units of Syrian archers who I couldn't catch up with and circled the map chasing. The timer ran out and since I attacked I got a "Close Defeat". Which meant that none of my causualties were recovered and 80% of their causualties were. That and the fact that the elephants are way too strong the way I altered them, I'm going to have to play the battle again... Too mad at it to even roleplay my way out of that disaster.

But the good new is this:

Pyrrhos' Romani allies are ready to assist him in his war. (Client ruler who I call "The Senate" and a legion ready for war.)

With my head in the clouds and my feet on the ground

MAA, that Polybian Legion is TIGHT! That is such a cool move. Just makes the rest of us jealous. Question: where did you enable Polybian recruitment? Same as if you were Rome, more or less?

Hah! LOL! I just realized that's the first time since vanilla that I've seen a blue stack of Romans!

BTW, I think that they should give you the title of Resident AAR Genius, in recognition of your incredible achievements in editing, programming and story plot!

Also, you mentioned a little while ago that you were working on new forms of thorakitai. What did you end up doing along those lines?

Still loving this epic story!

Chairman

Edit: do you plan on raising any other "allied" factional armies? Like an elite gallic army or something.
    Last edited by chairman; 04-23-2008 at 09:01.
    My balloons -

Probably Drunk Member Reverend Joe's Avatar

Default Re: AW: Re: The Antigonids : A Makedonian AAR

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus
    Well, Pyrrhos and Philippos are descendants of Antigonos Monophthalmos, so they can claim to remain part of the Antigonid Dynasty. I was thinking of starting a whole new thread called "The Pyrrhic Dynasty : A Makedonian AAR", though. I don't know how long I'll keep playing, though and if a new thread would be worth it.
    Well, of course they would call themselves Antigonids; it would be silly to try to uproot oneself from history like that. But from a historical perspective, this would almost certainly mark a division between two dynasties. It's kind of like the Caesars; they all nominally considered themselves to be continuing the line of Augustus, but modern historians separate them into various dynasties, nt one long reign of the Caesars.

Of course, you probably knew what I meant, but I have a habit of talking out of my ass.

And if I may cast my vote, I say end this with the end of the Antigonids, or maybe with the death of Phillipos, the man who (along with his father) would bridge the two eras.

But, on the other hand, if you feel you want to create a complete fictional history of Makedonia (which I, personally would love) you COULD try creating an entire minimod for 1.1, based around the AAR, recreating the political situation at the end of this AAR, and them pick it up from there. But without some help, the amount of work involved in such an endeavour would be absurd, and probably not worth it, even for the greatest AAR in EB history.

Finally, I have to congratulate you for everything you have done, once again. Especially the civil war, but also all the work you put into editing the game around the AAR, like the new units, the recruitment changes, the forced diplomacy to keep things interesting... you have done a mind-blowing job.
    Last edited by Reverend Joe; 04-23-2008 at 18:15.

chairman,
    I gave Romani recruitment to the five center cities in Italy, which I gave Type3 governments to to represent that they are under Roma's Type4. Roma, however, is the only city with a high enough regional MIC to recruit them, though.

This is my current Thorakitai concept, which I have yet to thoroughly test out:

Thorakitai Phalangitai in the front to hold down the enemy, Thorakitai spearmen guarding the flanks, and Thorakitai swordsmen in the second row to fill gaps and do the actual striking.

My only other allied army is the Galatians, which I plan to add a couple more units to and train a recruitable general to lead, since the Galatian king (client ruler) has to remain in Galatia:

Reverend Gonzo,
    Yeah, I know what you mean. Historically, Pyrrhos would definately be a different dynasty, especially since the old dynasty is still around when his starts. Pyrrhos would consider himself an Antigonid, but is starting a whole new royal family. The Pyrrhic Dynasty is born...

I think modding EB v1.1 to the extent of recreating what I have now is just out of my abilities. Plus I don't have that kind of patience. I'm far too lazy.

EDIT:
    OK, now I've just added Pantodapoi (since my game is pre-1.0 I didn't have them) and Jewish Spearmen for Makedonia so that I can raise something in Ioudaia.
    Last edited by MarcusAureliusAntoninus; 04-24-2008 at 00:49.

This just gets sweater and sweater! So for your new all-thorakitai army you have Thorakitai Phalangitai and * regular Thorakitai stolen from the KH, Pontikoi Thorakitai from Pontus, and I'm not sure if those just regular Toxotai Syriakoi or if you actually used them for Thorakitai Toxotai.

Galatians, very nice. I assume you will be training Kluddolon, but are going to train any celtic troop types like gaeroas and leuce epos, or just stick to the pure galatians aside from the archers? And are you planning on training a celtic or hellenic recruitable general (I would think celtic lesser king)?

Chairman

*Edit: excuse me; Basilikon Agema from the Ptolemies
    Last edited by chairman; 04-24-2008 at 00:32.
    My balloons -

It is the "Basilikon Agema" skin, but I'm using KH's "Thorakitai Hoplitai" (greek infantry epikletoi hoplitai) for the unit slot and stats for my "Thorakitai Phalangitai". The archers are just Syrian, I guess I'll stick with local archers for my Thorakitai armies.

I might just stick with the elite spearmen for the Galatians. I don't have much to choose from. I have lugoae and kluddolon (both levies), Gaeroas (which aren't too impressive), celtic hoplites (a hellenized unit), and those elite spearmen. I'll definately have a celtic general lead them.

EDIT: Actually, I changed my mind. I can't afford anything elite. I went with a couple Kluddolon to reinforce the spearmen...
    Last edited by MarcusAureliusAntoninus; 04-24-2008 at 04:34.

So where is the Thorakitai army posted? And if it's not in the Levent, Egypt or Asia Minor, was it a real pain to transport the Syriakoi?

So what was the need to use a different unit slot for the skin?

Chairman
    My balloons -

Actually that Thorakitai army is one I cheated to create and then didn't save.

The "Thorakitai Hoplitai" and the "Basilikon Agema" use the same model (but different unit slots) so using the skin of one on the other unit is quite easy.

EB:NOM Triumvir Member gamegeek2's Avatar

This deserves to be stickied. Undeniably. A legend. WHO'S WITH ME?

Europa Barbarorum: Novus Ordo Mundi - Mod Leader Europa Barbarorum - Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by skullheadhq
    Run Hax! For slave master gamegeek has arrived
    "To robbery, slaughter, plunder, they give the lying name of empire; they make a desert and call it peace." -Calgacus

I AM
    The path is nameless - Lao Tse

I is da bestest at grammar Member Strategos Alexandros's Avatar

Count me in!
    - my first balloon, from Mouzafphaerre
    - LS balloon

Modo Egredior
    https://www.perseus.tufts.edu/cgi-bi...ookup=Plb.+toc <- read this!
    "Do you know what's worth fighting for?
    When it's not worth dying for?"

An Imperfect Follower of Light Member Wolfman's Avatar

Man I had alot of catching up to do. Amazing! I'm nearly speechless. You are a very creative person MAA and you thought of ways to represent events in your AAR that i wouldn't have dreamed possible. This AAR should be given the honor of being the first EB AAR to be stickied. I hereby support gamegeek2. Sticky it!!!
    Tales of Gods and Kings - An Arverni AAR-DEAD
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...82#post1930882
    A People of the Mist - Casse AAR-ALIVE!!!!
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...Mist-Casse-AAR

Thanks guys, for the compliments, but I don't amagine any AAR ever getting stickied.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus
    Thanks guys, for the compliments, but I don't amagine any AAR ever getting stickied.
    Why don't people use the 'private sticky'thing? I did with both this AAR and The Pyrrhic Dynasty

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425