Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread: 1.0 Succession Game Discussion Thread

Lover of Toight Vahjoinas Member Bootsiuv's Avatar

Default Re: 1.0 Succession Game Discussion Thread

Originally posted on our private fora....figured I would copy-paste it here to save me time. I'm off to work, but I shall return this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Mago (Bootsiuv)
    The council meeting will begin in 3 hours, and will go for 24-36 hours based on when I have a free hour, which, isn't often nowadays (two jobs).

I do apologize for being less active lately, but newborns sleep very erratically for the first two-three months, which equates to me not sleeping more than 3 hours a day for a while.

Needless to say, I am utterly exhausted in every way imaginable. Mentally, physically....argh. I wish I could take a 48 hour nap.

Anyways, I do hope to have some good times in the next few days, and I'll do my best to keep this game amongst my top priorities though, as I do feel a sense of responsibility to our other players, and I'm not one to shirk responsibility.

If anyone has any problems gaining access to the council forums, please post here, or pm me here or at the guild, and I will do my best to resolve the situation.

Thanks for your patience, guys.

Bootsiuv
    Thanks for your patience, and if you have any problems, myself or Boru should be able to address them.

Later

Bootsiuv
    SSbQ*****************SSbQ******************SSbQ

I try to update the buiding/governor/senator pictures tonight

I will only use the names that are signed in in our own thread here

I'm offline for another 5 hours from now

From Sheboygan Wisconsin, Now living in Milwaukee

Everyone who is playing and especially to you bootsiuv please read my announcement on the our forums. Sorry to be short here but i am really rushed right now....hope i don't cause to much trouble

Thanks to everyone!
    Governor of Adrumeto!

I would like to present the rest of you some idea on house rule that I believe can set our game appart from anyother ever played. It seems dificult at beggining but it is really simple after you learn it. It demands a little bit more from the sophet and governors but it is designed to grant a certain level of republican feeling and some autnomy to the members of SSbQ which will increase the political side f the RPG experience. I will post the general idea that was discussed with Hasdrubal and Wolfman which if the evolution of Konny's house rules (thanks Konny):
    First of all I ask you to refer to the original rules to better understand the one I present, at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=119343 it is the post #8
    1) In turn 1 all governors make a list of up to four units they wish to build in their cities, no matter if core units, regionl units or merc units.

2) The Republic treasure will be represented in two diferent lists, one of them will be the amount the Sophet has at his power (along with senate) this one will allow building and paying the upkeep of the the Republican army, Elephants and navy (which will be under control of Sophet in campaings, or whoever the senate apoints to); The other will be the cities list, this money is used to pay for the upkeep of local armies (garissons).

3) All mining income and half of all other income will compose the Republican treasure, the other half of farming, trading, taxing plus the administrative amount of each city will compose the cities treasure and will have to be spent in whatever unit the governor decided.

4)This way, theRepublic will grant Governors the military influence based on cities size as well as grant that Republic will ever have enough money to use in building.

5) The Sophet will choose which city he will start recruiting and when the money is over, he will continue where he left in the next turn until the first choice of every and each Governor is recruited. The process will go on until the city treasure (calculated like above) can not pay for the upkeep of any other unit.

6) Recruiting, unless in war times or by Sophet’s will, will not precede building.

7) In the new elections Governors could change or complete their 5 units list if their cities could pay for the upkeep.

OBS: how to calculate – The Sophet can asily acces the mining income at the end of turn financial painnel or bu pressing “f” in keyboard. The total upkeep cost of every and each army is a simple matter of unit upkeep cost + unit upkeep cost = total army cost (poor English to best explain)

The Sophet then, using a calculator machine can open the city economical panel and browse farming, trading and taxing divide it by 2 add the administration profit and take a note (I am workingon a excel sheet to help the process) …

This calculation will only take place in the beginning of terms or if a great economical advance is reached (like mines and ports)

Here is a turn by turn example that is extracted from an x-fire conversation:

Leão magno of Lilbeo: Turn 1 - We decide what to build, where to go, wars, and everything else, Governors ask for military support funds and give a list of four units they want builded (prefencially, in their own city)... The Sophet starts the turn with building, always, choose the city where he will start spending money with units and queue only one per city until there is no money left, end turn
    Leão magno of Lilbeo: Turn 2- the Sophet uses the money to achieve the order the senate adressed to buildings and starts to recruit until there is no money (the senate may choose to order that some money must be saved in treasure), than end turn
    Leão magno of Lilbeo: Turn 3 - the same, knowing that if the upkeep of two units have already reached the limited budget for the city, the Sophet will not star to recruit the third one
    Leão magno of Lilbeo: if economical situation changes, units are recruited in the turn of that changes.. the governors will only be able to change the queue in the senates room every week
    Leão magno of Lilbeo: Logicaly the Sophet may choose to recruit only the Republican what he can do till the upkeep reaches half of all income (farming, comerce and taxing) plus mining) of empire
    Leão magno of Lilbeo: Recruiting only for the republic could not be allowed by senate since it would go against the local interests of governors but could not be censored in war times

Please any doubts about PM me or appoint an x-fire session.
    From the markets of Lilibeo to the Sacred Band in the halls of Astarte, from those halls to the Senate of Safot Softin BiKarthadast as Lilibeo representative

Nice @Leão magno

Here is the the new Governor/Senator appointment per city

I was so free to do this, this is not final but we have a general overview of players and positions

Again not final but a overview with only the players that signed in our own forum (http://ssbqsuccessiongame.myfastforum.org/index.php)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

If I missed something or forgot somebody please tell me the separate Signatures will be updated tomorrow

Ps Akhenaton please sign in i know you want to participate but sign in please
    Last edited by Sassem; 11-16-2007 at 00:15.

Lover of Toight Vahjoinas Member Bootsiuv's Avatar

Originally posted on our private forums...

Quote Originally Posted by Mago (Bootsiuv)
    If you haven't figured it out already, we're waiting for Boru to return on Sunday. The dude has simply spent too much time on rules and such to be left behind.

I think this game will be a little less formal due to the fact that I just dont have a ton of time anymore, and we only have ~10 players.

I hope this is acceptable to all. I know we've been waiting to begin for about 4 weeks now, and I do apologize for these delays.

I am sure that you all understand that, while EB is a hobby (and a great one at that), my children are my life, and obviously they come first.

Thanks for your understanding.

Bootsiuv
    Boru has spent a lot of time on this game, and I didn't realize he was leaving this weekend. Fortunately, I have Sunday completely off from both jobs, so I'll have a few free hours. I've already told my wife that I want to play, and she said that she'll give me a few kid free hours to enjoy me favorite hobby.

Thanks for your time!

Bootsiuv
    SSbQ*****************SSbQ******************SSbQ

Welcome back aboard friend!
    Last edited by Leão magno; 11-19-2007 at 02:50.
    From the markets of Lilibeo to the Sacred Band in the halls of Astarte, from those halls to the Senate of Safot Softin BiKarthadast as Lilibeo representative

From Sheboygan Wisconsin, Now living in Milwaukee

I have posted a new announcement at our forums so I ask those who are there to please read it.

Thank you
    Governor of Adrumeto!

Hi,
    Please give a sign of life on our private forum and checkout/respond to new posts
    Please see your respond as a "ready for duty" reply
    Thank You

HERE

Megas Alexandros's heir Member Spoofa's Avatar

we shouldnt have moved the AAR to other forums

AtB slave trader Member Malik of Sindh's Avatar

Im sorry to tell you that I have to leave the succesion game.Now that AtB will be started soon,Il have almost no time.

Asia ton Barbaron,a mini mod for EB.

I know we are far from very well organised but WE HAVE TO START THIS AND LEARN FROM OUR MISTAKES IN THE PROGRESS

I will give this (SSBQ) thing a week to start up if nothing happens i will look further and stop with this

It may look harsh from me but i really want this to get started otherwise i will look for something new this means that i have to make some decisions in the future that not all of you will like but that's life

For now i will switch character so my old governor position is open for anyone how wants to play him

So this is the situation for the moment

Mago = Sassem

Hamalcar = position is open

Hasdrubal = position is open

Carthalo = KuKulza?? (for the moment i'm not sure)

Hanno = Pezhetairoi

Bomikar = Boru

Gisgo = Madmatg

Of course there are the senators but we will have to reassign some of those to wich i only can do when that of the governors is clear

Ps you don't have to play the battles when you're a governor so if you computer can't handle EB or you just simple don't want to because you have to many other mods running in EB that's ok but WE prefer that you will fight you're own battles

Reports (battle) must include pictures of Finance, Victories, etc.. (Reports will be posted in THE GUILD as a AAR so we will have a SSbQ AAR in the future)

For the start of this game we will NOT DISBAND anything so we have to fight or financial situation first (like the EB crew created our situation) of course we can ram some of our ships into rebel ships and later merge them so we benefit from there experience

So thats it for now sorry for the pushing but i hope you will understand

PS the sig's will be updated when things are clear for me

Thank You
    Last edited by Sassem; 12-08-2007 at 23:58.

Ha ha ha...

Thiiiiis iiiiis theee vo0o0Oice of an o0o0O0oold acquaintance!

I doomed your game to an early death, and died it has with shameful speed!

Play MTW Play MTW Play MTW Play MTW

Megas Alexandros's heir Member Spoofa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Ha ha ha...

not really, for me it just died when we moved forums, because I didn't follow them over, you didn't really have anything to do with it at all really.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn the CRY BABY
    Ha ha ha...

Yeah sure no i wait for yours

That little boy really doesn't have a life
    Last edited by Sassem; 12-15-2007 at 23:24.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920