Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Script Error in EB 1.0 BI

Angry Re: Script Error in EB 1.0 ?

I reinstalled RTW from scratch, patched it up to 1.3 then 1.5, it shows 1.5 when i load RTW, but when I load EB1.0 it loads the eb screen and then gives me an beep and shows protection error. From that moment on the screen freezes and i have to ctrl alt del in order to regain use of my pc. The EB i installed directly on the root of the clean RTW installation.My PC is an amd 3800+ dual core 1 gb ram ati radeon 256 mb integrated graphic card.

Default Re: Script Error in EB 1.0 BI

Apollonios, create your own thread.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Default Re: AW: Re: Script Error in EB 1.0 BI

Quote Originally Posted by Ritterlichvon86
    Mit dieser Einstellung kommst du sicher nicht weiter.

Bei mir hat es wunderbar geklappt.

Zuerst deinstallierst du sämtliche Anwendungen bzgl. Rtw. Dann löscht du per Hand die Restdateien in den Ordnern und auch etwaige Einträge in der Registrierung von Windowf

Dann installierst du Rome Total War, aber bitte nicht die DVD Version dieser Compilation. Soweit ich das gehört hab zickt die immer rum. Dann spielst du die Patches auf, bis zu 1.5.
    Danach installierst du Barbarian Invasion. Dein Spiel sollte jetzt bei 1.6 sein.

Dann installierst du Europa Barbarorum. Starte das Spiel NICHT! Du hast jetzt die Verknüpfung auf dem Desktop, Rechtsclick drauf -> Eigenschaften. Rechts neben "Ziel" muss stehen: dein Rome Ordner\RomeTW-BI.exe" -mod:eb -show_err -nm

Dann folgendes: Du gehst dahin: dein Rome Ordner\EB\Dataworld\maps\campaign
    Dort Rechtsclick auf den Ordner Imperial_Campaign. Dann direkt daneben einfügen, so dass du nun 2 Ordner hast. Den zweiten (Kopie von Imperial_Campaign) nennst du um: barbarian_invasion

Dann gehst du zu EB\Data\text und findest dort imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt

die kopierst du ebenfalls und nennst die kopie:
    barbarian_invasion_regions_and_settlement_names.txt ohne Leerzeichen bidde

Jetzt erst darfst du das Spiel zum ersten Mal starten. Hast du es vorher gemacht, fang von vorne an

Viel Glück und viel Spaß mit EB

i will try it , for short my RTW Version is a CD ROM one, BI too.
    i try one time more with all the changes you have posted...it needs hours even to uninstall eb 1.0 (and than few seconds to uninstall bi and rtw :P ) so i post later how it works

Quote Originally Posted by Schatten, by PM
    Hi,
    can you explain me what for Validation Program?

i have try since now 4 days to run eb 1.0 with rtw 1.5only, than with bi 1.6 and it was everytime the same crash as soon you try to start a campaign (or custom, historical) with and without bi, no change.

for same time rtw 1.5 and if installed bi 1.6 works correct even if eb 1.0 is alredy installed.

so can ypu pls explain me the validation program?

thx
    The validation program will compare all your installed files with those I have in my functioning install. It will output any change: added, changed or missing files. The results may help to understand why it fails to load.

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

an ritterlichvon86...done as you have posted step by step and at end the usual crash.....

no way as it looks, i look now for those validation prog.

I have now try those Validation Prog. but it runs only for few seconds and create after all a 0 byte .txt with nothing inside.

i have make a screen of it

https://img80.imageshack.us/img80/20...idationku9.jpg

btw is this possible that you eb 1.0 is simply not win vista compatible?.....looks really so
    Last edited by Schatten; 10-15-2007 at 00:07.

You need to put it in your RTW folder before running.

================
    ================

hmm..if you look left at the picture you see that Validation is in RTW folder..or you mean the EB folder in RTW folder inside?

There is no Validation folder in the archive. You created that. You need to put the files of the archive in the RTW folder.

================
    ================

Quote Originally Posted by bovi
    There is no Validation folder in the archive. You created that. You need to put the files of the archive in the RTW folder.
    kann mir jemand auf deutsch erklären was er will?

Sorry, my German is too weak to write it. You need to unpack the zip file into the RTW directory, without creating the Validation folder.

Another way to go about it would be: Move the files under Validation to directly under the RTW folder.

================
    ================

Quote Originally Posted by bovi
    Sorry, my German is too weak to write it. You need to unpack the zip file into the RTW directory, without creating the Validation folder.

Another way to go about it would be: Move the files under Validation to directly under the RTW folder.

nevermind, problem solved, it was exactly the same problem from the thread of maximus, the missing map.raw in eb/data/world/map/base.

i have downloadet it from the link in his thread, installed and now all works fine...for the moment

looks like there is a bug in eb 1.0 so the file is not installed.

anyway thanks for help and i really hope not much more help is needed and game will work now

I'm still wondering why though. Oh well, enjoy .

================
    ================

excuse my ignorance on the matter and my interfering on someone else's thread, but how do i start a thread?

Use the POST A TOPIC button in the thread list.

================
    ================

Phalanxes were already invulnerable to missile fire...takes me 10 volleys of arrows just to kill a single phalangite head on with their ranks stretched in a valley so flanking is difficult).

Now, flanking with infantry can barely kill them without heavy losses...
    "Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind...but there is one thing that science cannot accept - and that is a personal God who meddles in the affairs of his creation."
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Intranetusa
    Phalanxes were already invulnerable to missile fire...takes me 10 volleys of arrows just to kill a single phalangite head on with their ranks stretched in a valley so flanking is difficult).

Now, flanking with infantry can barely kill them without heavy losses...
    What the boop does this have to do with anything?

================
    ================

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12