Thread: 1.0 Gameplay Guide Index Thread

Lover of Toight Vahjoinas Member Bootsiuv's Avatar

Default 1.0 Gameplay Guide Index Thread

As some of you may know, myself and a few other fans would like to create a manual for 1.0.

I was thinking of adding an addendum for more advanced players who would like faction specific guides.

Well, I'm interested in accumulating game guides for all 20 factions.

Are you the greatest Hayasdan player ever to walk the Earth? Can you take the Pahlava to Britain and back? Well, I'm interested in getting some volunteers to do an in-depth game guide for each faction.

So, if you plan on doing a game guide for 1.0, please post a link to it here, so I can organize everything that's currently available. I hope any members who make guides will do so as well, for the sake of completeness.

I'm certain this would take at least a few months to complete, but I'll put a reminder in my sig in case it falls off the first page.

I also encourage any battle tactic guides or economic guides, anything really that can help new or intermediate players (or just for anyone who likes to read guides....I know I do). Either post a link in here, or post the guide itself in here (if it's really small, and you don't think it really warrants it's own thread).

Thanks for your help.

Bootsiuv

EDIT: Guides

Sabyn Strategy Guide - *SPOILERS INSIDE* by The Errant
    Last edited by Bootsiuv; 10-22-2007 at 09:10.
    SSbQ*****************SSbQ******************SSbQ

Default Re: 1.0 Gameplay Guide Index Thread

Ignore.
    Last edited by Parkev; 10-16-2007 at 09:49.

I hope I have misinterpreted your small comment, Spanish Winner, because it seems you are dismissing this thread and ordering all else to follow your idea.

I have no game guide to offer, but perhaps we can at least see some discussion here, as this could transform into a major work.
    If we can provide a game guide for every faction, tips, hints, and send it in a formal package to the EB developers, they can then add the features of their Mod, releases, changes, support, technical information and troubleshooting, put it all into a great computer booklet and make it available for download as the Europa Barbarorum for Rome: Total War manual.

There can be development here if imagination is seeded!

Asia ton Barbaron mapper Member Pharnakes's Avatar

Smile Re: 1.0 Gameplay Guide Index Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Iberius Victor
    Ignore.
    He means he was going to say something but changed his mind, so he is telling us to ignore the post as he can't delete it: as you can see from the fact that he has edited the post.
    Asia ton Barbaron The new eastern mod for eb!

Laziest member of the team My red balloons, as red as the blood of he who mentioned Galatians.
    Roma Victor!

Yous ee gishes?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    I hope I have misinterpreted your small comment, Spanish Winner, because it seems you are dismissing this thread and ordering all else to follow your idea.

I have no game guide to offer, but perhaps we can at least see some discussion here, as this could transform into a major work.
    If we can provide a game guide for every faction, tips, hints, and send it in a formal package to the EB developers, they can then add the features of their Mod, releases, changes, support, technical information and troubleshooting, put it all into a great computer booklet and make it available for download as the Europa Barbarorum for Rome: Total War manual.

There can be development here if imagination is seeded!
    This was my intention, although I may make it available for download of my own avail.

I think it is the EB team's policy to shy away from officially supporting fan made materials. This is logical as the EB team has no quality control in these situations.

If, and when, we have compiled something which we feel is exceptional and outstanding, I will surely offer it to the EB team to include with their download if they so desire.

Bootsiuv

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

We'll certainly be not against fan made gameplay guides. However we can't support them with historians or other EB members actively or anything. As most are bussy and put the little time they have left alread into EB.

Sounds like a good idea

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

ill make a baktria guide.......
    if they want....
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Questor of AI revenue. Member The Errant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsiuv
    As some of you may know, myself and a few other fans would like to create a manual for 1.0.

I was thinking of adding an addendum for more advanced players who would like faction specific guides.

Well, I'm interested in accumulating game guides for all 20 factions.

Are you the greatest Hayasdan player ever to walk the Earth? Can you take the Pahlava to Britain and back? Well, I'm interested in getting some volunteers to do an in-depth game guide for each faction.

So, if you plan on doing a game guide for 1.0, please post a link to it here, so I can organize everything that's currently available. I hope any members who make guides will do so as well, for the sake of completeness.

I'm certain this would take at least a few months to complete, but I'll put a reminder in my sig in case it falls off the first page.

I also encourage any battle tactic guides or economic guides, anything really that can help new or intermediate players (or just for anyone who likes to read guides....I know I do). Either post a link in here, or post the guide itself in here (if it's really small, and you don't think it really warrants it's own thread).

Thanks for your help.

Bootsiuv
    I made a Sabyn gameplay guide for 0.8 a long time ago. It's been recently updated for EB 1.0. Your welcome to use it if you want.

"If you listen, carefully. You can hear the Gods laughing."

Last words of Emperor Commodus. From "The Fall of the Roman Empire".

Thanks for your help, Errant!

The Sabyn are amongst the hardest factions IMO, so a guide will be very welcome I'm sure.

Questor of AI revenue. Member The Errant's Avatar

Here is the link: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=79417

It's been around for a while. I think the original was made for 0.8. I recently updated it to reflect the changes in the strat map and the expanded unit roster.

"If you listen, carefully. You can hear the Gods laughing."

Last words of Emperor Commodus. From "The Fall of the Roman Empire".

Nice effort! please, not forget to mention the pre-set events and the prerequisites for reforms it will be the most valuable
    From the markets of Lilibeo to the Sacred Band in the halls of Astarte, from those halls to the Senate of Safot Softin BiKarthadast as Lilibeo representative