Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EB installation validation

Default Re: EB installation validation

I just ran the validation program,and the results are:
    Missing file: .\data\packs\patch_1.pak
    About 20 changed files,and scores of added files.On top of this analisys,there is this message: "You seem to have a corrupt install. There are changes to files, or some are missing.
    However, these may be conscious changes you have made, to remod EB. See below for details."
    What must I do?
    WHO DARES WINS

quick question:

"_ Using RTW Gold? Try to uninstall everything and do not install BI"

I have RTW Gold with BI...does this mean I can't play with BI installed?
    "Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind...but there is one thing that science cannot accept - and that is a personal God who meddles in the affairs of his creation."
    -Albert Einstein

No. It means some people have had problems which were resolved by not installing BI. Many others have no problems at all with it.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Aquilae
    I just ran the validation program,and the results are:
    About 20 changed files,and scores of added files.On top of this analisys,there is this message: "You seem to have a corrupt install. There are changes to files, or some are missing.
    However, these may be conscious changes you have made, to remod EB. See below for details."
    What must I do?
    After just downloading EB again for the 3rd time and not adding any mods to it other than the fixes,i ran this validation program and received the same message....

You seem to have a corrupt install. There are changes to files, or some are missing.
    However, these may be conscious changes you have made, to remod EB. See below for details.
    ==========

My games always crash when i try and save...i cant make it past 255 BC.

I installed patch v1.5 for RTW then I installed EB but when I clicked on EB's desktop icon vanilla RTW turned on >:(

Updated, new solutions.

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

now this doesn't seem to look good, does it?

I installed Rome Total War from the cd, then patch 1.3 then patch 1.5. Installed Alexander and then EB 1.0 and applied known 1.0 fixes.

http://www.getdowngaming.com/ebValidationResults.txt
    Last edited by Starance Quintus; 02-22-2008 at 04:05.

bovi...i added the fix which removes the Greek voice mod and also downloaded the missing pack....dont know which one did the trick but now EB is working for me.....THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Quote Originally Posted by Starance Quintus

I installed Rome Total War from the cd, then patch 1.3 then patch 1.5. Installed Alexander and then EB 1.0 and applied known 1.0 fixes.

So you are basically saying I can't run EB on the ALX.exe? Well, in that case you should have a peek at the unofficial mods section where among other things an entire thread dedicated to the combination of ALX.exe & EB resides...

Note though that running EB on anything else than standard, clean RTW 1.5 is not supported.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Angry Re: EB installation validation

Hey, i just got EB, and i try to start the campaign, and it CTDs, so i went and got all the permanent fixes, and it still CTDs, so i ran this and it says

followed by lots of changed and added files
    i did have a clean rtw install 1.5 (i have rtw gold, and i checked in options and it says 1.5 on vanilla)
    and i use to have RTR but i moved it out of the folder, so idk if it left something in the data files, or what, can anyone help?

Last edited by Flip_Side; 03-21-2008 at 19:42.

It's quite possible that RTR Gold or whatever other mod you had before that one is the 'culprit'. If that's the case, a simple re-install of your RTW 1.5 + EB would do 'the trick'.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Ok, I'll try and let you know,
    this will be the 3rd time reinstalling it all
    do i need to remove ALL the folders with anything to do with the other mod, or rtw?

Ok well i got the game to start working, and i played for about 3-4 turns as rome, till i got a CTD, gonna try a diffrent fraction and maybe ill have better luck :)
    (amazing game btw, for the 2-3 battles i got to do)

Quote Originally Posted by Starance Quintus

I thought you had to install 1.2 before 1.3?
    Do you find something funny with the name Biggus Dickus?

in the EB PBeM

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by We shall fwee...Wodewick
    I thought you had to install 1.2 before 1.3?
    Nope, you can go straight to 1.3, but not straight to 1.5.

EBII Bricklayer Member V.T. Marvin's Avatar

I have tried to download your installation validation program, but my Firefox keeps on telling me that there is an error while loading the page. Is it just me or the program is no longer there? Thank you!

It works for me. Perhaps you've upgraded your Firefox into something that doesn't work? Does it work if you paste the link into Internet Exploder? How about SmartFTP?

================
    ================

Works fine in Mozilla Firefox 2.0...

EDIT: Just left click the link 'program' ...
    Last edited by Tellos Athenaios; 04-04-2008 at 23:54.
    - Tellos Athenaios

Default Re : EB installation validation

can we put the new release on the EB 1.0?
    Because I can't stop my party :s :s !!!!

AUT CAESAR, AUT NIHIL

Be careful not to *frumple*. Would you like to *party*? *Happy camper*?

(If you don't get the reference, I mean that I have no idea what you're talking about)

================
    ================

Updated, items that are no longer relevant for 1.1 are striked.

================
    ================

I mean can I put EB 1.1 on my EB 1.0? because I can't play an other party; to long, I will be 80 years old when I will finish this game...

AUT CAESAR, AUT NIHIL

Oh, no. You need to install 1.1 in a clean 1.5 RTW. And your savegames are not compatible.

================
    ================

So I have to do a other campaign???!!
    For a few spanish!!!!!
    no wayyyy

AUT CAESAR, AUT NIHIL

Dude, noone is forcing you to upgrade. Also, enjoyment is not compulsory.

Additionally, you can have both installed at the same time. Just copy the whole RTW folder somewhere, copy and update the shortcut. Voila: a duplicate 1.0 installation.

================
    ================

Yes, sure! but it's mean two campagns so 160 years to finish EB
    But you are right I will not upgrade it... at my shame.
    EB are realy the best mod. Now I am waiting for EB II !!!

AUT CAESAR, AUT NIHIL

Updated, new solution.

================
    ================

Help, i have a big issue. I've downed the last build of EB (1.1), instaled it on clean RTW 1.5, but it simply doesn't work. When i execute it, it opens the regular RTW with no modifications at all, and when i run the installvalidation thing, it says that i have a corrupt install, but there are no files missing. I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling it form scratch about 12 times, but it always come up to the same. what can i do?

Either install the Trivial Script or

right-click on the shortcut for EB and go to properties. In the target line add

-mod:eb

at the very end after the quotation marks.

That should start up the mod, though it is better to install the Trivial Script. If it doesn't work then it likely means that you've installed the mod in the wrong place. Make sure it has the exact same directory listings as RomeTW.exe.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Thanks man :D
    It worked after i added the -mod:eb
    Best mod i've ever seen.
    Carpe diem.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast