Thread: The Fourth Age: Total War - The New Shadow v2.4 Patch Released

Default The Fourth Age: Total War - The New Shadow v2.4 Patch Released

The Fourth Age: Total War Development Team presents:

The Fourth Age: Total War – The New Shadow 2.4

Requires: TNS 2.0b (or TNS 2.0+2.1+2.2 - see end of post)

The v2.4 Patch for 'The Fourth Age: Total War - The New Shadow' has now been released! There are many tweaks and improvements incorporated in this release, including a new interface for the Elves, a rebalancing of the Poros and Isen historical battles, and a new trait which simulates the challenge of supplying a host in the field (many thanks go to Anallein of RTR for his great help on this joint development).

If you do not have 'The New Shadow' yet, you can get hold of it here. Please continue to give us feedback and constructive criticism. Visit us at www.thefourthage.org, or at our forums.

List of changes introduced with 2.4:
    • Description of the other DB's effects added to Base Diversification Buildings
    • More unique images for Diversification Buildings added
    • Dragonshield Officer scaled down
    • Shield removed from Warg-rider unit cards
    • Wrong KoDA officer animation corrected
    • One KoDA officer removed
    • Poros and Isen HB rebalanced
    • Wrong category classification of Fighting Uruk-hai corrected
    • Missing Barbarian UI images added
    • Various sound, names, and trait typos corrected
    • Various pathing codes edited
    • New strategy map lighting implemented
    • Strat. map slightly edited
    • AI Military Skill trait edited
    • AI Military Naval Skill trait added
    • Haradrian settlers recruitable in some Haradrian homelands
    • Start exp. notice added on short unit descriptions
    • Mariner traits fixed
    • Minor EDB changes made
    • Mount masses slightly decreased
    • Supply trait added
    • "House of/Tribe of" captains made more fertile
    • New Elven interface implemented
    • New skin added for Adûnabâr Longbowmen
    • Critical CTD error fixed
    • Scarlet Shields and Harondor Swords darker textures implemented
    Download links (installer version): - if you experience problems installing this version, try the .rar one, just below.

The New Shadow v2.4 Patch | Filefront Mirror (7.53 MB)

Download links (.rar version): - for those who may have problems with our installer software.

The New Shadow v2.4 Patch | Filefront Mirror (9.76 MB)

Installation Instructions (installer version):

Double-click on the FATW_TNS_patch_2.4.exe that you just downloaded, and make sure that you have it pointed to your Rome directory where you installed TNS (this is normally C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War, or - if you have Gold Edition - C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War). The installation should take a few seconds. You can now click on the TNS shortcut on your desktop, and continue to play!

Installation Instructions (.rar version):

Extract the contents of FATW_TNS_patch_2.4.rar you just downloaded to your Rome directory where you installed TNS (this is normally C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War, or - if you have Gold Edition - C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War). Accept when it asks you to overwrite. You can now click on the TNS shortcut on your desktop, and continue to play!

TNS patch 2.4 is NOT save-game compatible.

*Note that if you have 2.0 installed you MUST first apply fix patch 2.1 and 2.2 before applying this patch. Users with 2.0b should not apply 2.1 or 2.2 as they are already incorporated into 2.0b, instead just apply this new 2.4 patch. The hotfix is already included in 2.4 and so it does not matter if you already have it installed or not.
    Last edited by Apoc; 10-14-2007 at 23:01.

Default Re: The Fourth Age: Total War - The New Shadow v2.4 Patch Released

Good morning APOC,

i have just installed this mod (friday 17th Oct) and i have to say that it's pure genius.

I have been waiting in earnest for the warhammer total war mod and thought that while i am waiting i would install this mod to satisfy my cravings for decent fantasy.

Now then....................great campaign and i mean GREAT CAMPAIGN!!!!!!!!!!!.
    Then i thought i would have a few custom battles. Talk about killing of my need for warhammer ,this had the more realistic feel to it which deep down i wanted .

I could go on and on here MTW2?? not playing it now.
    Where would we be without the TW series?............probably having a life!

The Team is always very happy to receive such comments and see players giving up M2TW for FATW. :) Enjoy the game and stay tuned, as more is coming!

IMPORTANT NOTE:

The problem that sometimes caused the campaign to end with a hard CTD on the rebel turn has been spotted and fixed. The fix will of course be included in the 2.5 patch, but for those who want to get on with their campaigns right away, here is what you must do:

Open bi/ci/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt. Find those two triggers.

Code:
    ;------------------------------------------
    Trigger fertile_tribe_of_the_craban_vnv_trigger
    	WhenToTest CharacterComesOfAge

Condition Trait TribeOfTheCraban >= 1

Affects Fertility  1  Chance  100

Code:
    Trigger fertile_tribe_of_the_mighty_axe_vnv_trigger
    	WhenToTest CharacterComesOfAge

Condition Trait TribeOfTheMightyAxe >= 1

Affects Fertility  1  Chance  100

Change the word "Fertility" to "Fertile".

Save and exit.
    That's it, you will be able to go on with your game as usual. Enjoy TNS once more!
    Last edited by Aradan; 10-22-2007 at 14:10.

Norman Invasion - The fate of England lies in your hands...

Viking Invasion II - Unite Britain in the best TW campaign ever!

Gods and Fighting Men: Total War - Enter the Mists of Myth in Ancient Ireland

Hi guys, I tried downloading the mod but the shortcut wont work, a small file pops up and goes in a few seconds.
    I downloaded Gold Edition off of steam if that helps.
    Thanks.

Hi and welcome to the .Org.

First of all, the mod's latest version is 2.6, so you should downlaod it instead of this 2.4 one. You can find it HERE. While you're at it, you might be interested in our special pack, called Wars of Men, which requires 2.6.

Secondly: your issue happens typically when a user's OS and our installer's software are incompatible. In which case you can use the .rar version of the mod to install it manually. Link and instructions are provided HERE.

Delete the 'ci' folder that now exists in your bi/ directory and install again using the .rar.

Norman Invasion - The fate of England lies in your hands...

Viking Invasion II - Unite Britain in the best TW campaign ever!

Gods and Fighting Men: Total War - Enter the Mists of Myth in Ancient Ireland