Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Minor anomalies and nuisance

Default Re: Minor anomalies and nuisance

Balearic slingers? Shouldn't these little bastards have a proper Karthadastim name?
    This space intentionally left blank.

Βασιλευς και Αυτοκρατωρ Αρχης Member Centurio Nixalsverdrus's Avatar

Default AW: Minor anomalies and nuisance

I read in another thread that granaries are supposed to be destructable in 1.0. However, I (Carthago) can't. I could destroy a captured Greek Granary, but my own not. Lvl 1 Granaries however, I didn't build a big one yet.

I have a strange problem in Bostra in my Saba campaign. After an seige from the Ptolies, which was lifted in a bloody fight my client ruler gave his life and from that Point on I couldn´t see anything in the area. It´s still my city, but looks like an enemy city. I can double click it and govern it, but I see only the fog of war around it. So I can´t lift the new seige of the city. I´m trieing to build a new typ of goverment there hoping the fog goes away, but I don´t konw if I´m gone see this day.

Has anyone had this problem before and can help me out?

Thanks in advance.

I hope my english is not too bad.
    Panta Rei - Everything Moves

It is impossible to step into the same river twice.

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Granaries should be destructable. Since what makes them destructable or not is tied to the building tree not the individual buildings, I don't see why one level should be and another not.

The weird thing with the fog on one of your own cities is a RTW thing. Sometimes when a family member/general dies in a city the city looses all 'sight'. I think putting a new family member in it will make it work normal again, though it doesn't always work.

This is a Vanilla bug. It is a very unfortunate one; and with your game, it apparently happens at a most inconvenient time.

However, next turn it should be 'back to normal' - it is nothing persistent from my experience; and isn't particularly harmful either.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Hi thanks for your replies. But I played a few more turns and the foggy thing didn´t go away. I wouldn´t have mentioned it, if it wasn´t for some turns. I still hope it´s away after I build my lvl 2 goverment and can keep the city so far...

Urwendur Ûrîbêl Senior Member Mouzafphaerre's Avatar

Try toggling the FOW off then on, maybe ending a turn before turning it on. I can't say why it should work but no harm will come out of trying such a simple thing.
    Hit the key on the left of 1 on your keyboard; type toggle_fow, press enter; hit the aforementioned key again to close the Rome Shell. Repeat the process to turn it on again.

Ja mata Tosa Inu-sama, Hore Tore, Adrian II, Sigurd, Fragony

Mouzafphaerre is known elsewhere as Urwendil/Urwendur/Kibilturg...

I have just finished my EB1.0 Casse campaign - it rocks, here are some minor issues that I noticed.

1. Great Games building has a place-holder picture.

2. Year in History for 222 has a cut-and-paste error.

3. When I build Casse Watchtowers, only the foundation shows up on the map. Captured towers look fine. I haven't yet tried building any outside of Britannia.

4. I have heard about the Arse Battle CTD, but I also get a repeatable CTD trying to assault nearby Mastia, I got around it by auto-resolving - is this a known problem?

Urwendur Ûrîbêl Senior Member Mouzafphaerre's Avatar

3. When I build Casse Watchtowers, only the foundation shows up on the map. Captured towers look fine. I haven't yet tried building any outside of Britannia.
    AFAIK that's how "Barbarian" watchtowers look. I never build them (I turn off FOW) but whenever I capture a Barbarian territory, I find those foundation-only watchtowers in place.
    Last edited by Mouzafphaerre; 12-31-2007 at 12:11.
    Ja mata Tosa Inu-sama, Hore Tore, Adrian II, Sigurd, Fragony

Mouzafphaerre is known elsewhere as Urwendil/Urwendur/Kibilturg...

I can't comment on the other stuff, but there's a 1.0 permanent fix for the Arsé CTD in the sticky at the top of this thread.

I have been guiding the Casse to world-domination in recent months, bringing the benefits of advanced beauty products to the unwashed masses of Western Europa.

When I came into possession of Ivernis in Hibernia, I noticed that they had developed this strange habit of putting white stone on their roads, leading to a large bill for sunglasses so that the Casse garrison could avoid the glare.

I thought the stone roads looked rather pretty, so I put my researchers to work to produce a Casse version of them, but try as they might, they were unsuccessful.

Now I do understand that some civilizations are considered too backward or disorganized to create stone roads, but it seems odd that the Hibernians can have them, but not the Casse. I have also seen some in Arverni territory at Vesontio. Well the Casse, Aedui and Arverni are all quite closely related and I would expect them to have access to the same technology. After all, I can build Oppida.

On the other hand, I am not aware of any Celtic stone roads in Britannia (of course the Romani could have relaid them and claimed the credit), so it was rather surprising to find them in southern Hibernia (but not northern Hibernia).

Can someone please clear this up for me - was southern Hibernia really a centre for advanced traffic management? (And did they get as far as inventing the contra-flow?)

Celts built advanced roadways in Gaul, but nowhere else. So stone roads were given to Arverni and Aedui but not Casse. Unfortunately any city with Arverni or Aedui as the founding faction (which determines the culture of the rebel cities) can also build roads. This is what happened in Ireland, since the southern province is Arverni, IIRC.

@MarcusAureliusAntoninus

Ah, I see. Thanks very much for clearing that up. I can see that modding must sometimes be a very frustrating experience when changes you want to make have undesirable side-effects.

I am playing a Sauromatae campaign for the first time.
    I guess it is a design decision, that watchtowers are extremely expensive (4000, never tried to actually build one, since money is low).

The screen for selecting a watchtower or Fort to build has no pictures for them.

Thanks for the good advise to everybody. The toggle_fow thing didn´t cross my mind, cause I consider it cheating normally...

Quote Originally Posted by Theages
    I am playing a Sauromatae campaign for the first time.
    I guess it is a design decision, that watchtowers are extremely expensive (4000, never tried to actually build one, since money is low).

The screen for selecting a watchtower or Fort to build has no pictures for them.
    I believe we changed the cost of watchtowers for 1.0?

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by bovi
    I believe we changed the cost of watchtowers for 1.0?
    I also noticed that in 1.0 the Sauromatae watchtowers cost much more than the other faction's watchtowers!

--> - Never near Argos - <--

Quote Originally Posted by Mediolanicus
    I also noticed that in 1.0 the Sauromatae watchtowers cost much more than the other faction's watchtowers!
    Gah. I replaced all instances of watchtower_cost*2000 with 500, but of course doing that the one that was 4000 remained the same. Fixed now, thanks.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Thumbs up Re: Minor anomalies and nuisance

For everyboy wondering where to change the value for watchtower cost for nomad factions (like Sauromatae), look at the file descr_cultures.txt in EB\data folder (at the end of the file).
    Changing it from 4000 to 500 seems to be savegame compatible (no map.rwm rebuild necessary).

It would be nice to have a stickied thread where als those minor fixes would be listed (with restricted write access to prevent cluttering), since these minor changes don't seem to make it into the bug fix thread.

like:
    the switched values for primary and secondary armor of all the african elephants
    wrong upkeep cost for Komatai Epilektoi (168 instead of 768)

Normally the upkeep cost of a unit seems to be a quarter of the build-cost (except ships and siege engines). The following units don't follow that rule (by design or bug ?):
    The Misteret Izrahim Tsorim (Poeni citizen militia and equivalent rebel unit) has a ratio 802 - 300 (should be 200 like Hopltai Haploi ?)
    The Libyphoenician Cavalry has a ratio 2250 -810
    The Anatolian Hillmen have a ratio 1149 - 209
    The Druhtiz Skandzisku have 1233 - 354
    The Chatti Clubmen have 1594 -507
    the Agema Hippeon Hellenikon have 3629 - 805
    the Polybian Principes have 1647 - 342
    the Sarmatian Foot Archers have 939 - 188 (should be 235 like Mardian Archers or 188 for Mardian?)
    the Subeshi Fistaegfataexsdzhytae have 939 - 188

The Following is a list of small things i have noticed so far:

- a rebel unit in Italia had polybian Velites in about 270 BC;
    - the map for Saba says that I have to conquer Eremos but as far as I know that is impossible and the victory conditions mention Dumatha which doesn't exist;
    - I can't red the description for gens Octavia because a large part of the text is beyond the top of my screen. This also happens with other long descriptions;
    - there is a small Seleukid army in Gherrhaia at the beginning. Why?
    - I once sent a small army through the mountains (not the costal road) to Axum to see how strong it was (I didn't want to train a spy just for this). When it left it had 57 soldiers, and got back to Ptolemais-Theron with just 10 (and did not battle anyone). When I sent a large army led by a general through the same mountains I was surprised when he died for no apparent reason (the message just said "The Will of God"). When I separated him from the army (which was in a fort) I got a message about an earthquake in the same area (and he didn't die this time). So what happened?
    - the messages for Saba all mention Cartage. Is this something that can't be changed or just work that will be finished later?
    - when a family member or an agent dies from a natural disaster the message says "The Will of God". This seems out of place in the polytheistic world of that period. "The Will of the Gods" I think would be better.
    - there is a message for the Ptolemaioi that is meant for the Romans (I forgot which message it was)
    - the description for the Sergii has "notoriety" written "noto#riety"
    - near Malta there is a tree growing from the sea

Sorry for the long post and hope it wasn't just a long post about nothing.
    Last edited by julius_caesar_the_first; 02-10-2008 at 12:01.

Quote Originally Posted by julius_caesar_the_first
    The Following is a list of small things i have noticed so far:

1 a rebel unit in Italia had polybian Velites in about 270 BC;
    2 the map for Saba says that I have to conquer Eremos but as far as I know that is impossible and the victory conditions mention Dumatha which doesn't exist;
    3 I can't red the description for gens Octavia because a large part of the text is beyond the top of my screen. This also happens with other long descriptions;
    4 there is a small Seleukid army in Gherrhaia at the beginning. Why?
    5 I once sent a small army through the mountains (not the costal road) to Axum to see how strong it was (I didn't want to train a spy just for this). When it left it had 57 soldiers, and got back to Ptolemais-Theron with just 10 (and did not battle anyone). When I sent a large army led by a general through the same mountains I was surprised when he died for no apparent reason (the message just said "The Will of God"). When I separated him from the army (which was in a fort) I got a message about an earthquake in the same area (and he didn't die this time). So what happened?
    6 the messages for Saba all mention Cartage. Is this something that can't be changed or just work that will be finished later?
    7 when a family member or an agent dies from a natural disaster the message says "The Will of God". This seems out of place in the polytheistic world of that period. "The Will of the Gods" I think would be better.
    8 there is a message for the Ptolemaioi that is meant for the Romans (I forgot which message it was)
    9 the description for the Sergii has "notoriety" written "noto#riety"
    10 near Malta there is a tree growing from the sea

Sorry for the long post and hope it wasn't just a long post about nothing.
    1- Rebels can't be decided by era. Velites were added so that rebellions in mid to late game would look better.
    2- The ingame map probably hasn't been changed yet. I think it will work without it...
    3- This is an RTW thing that is really annoying and can't be fixed in any way other than shortening descriptions. This is the reason Year Events were moved from just traits to popup messages.
    4- Before the autospy thing, this was done so that the Seleukid AI would see the town exsisted and would give them to option to expand there.
    5- Probably a series of disasters. You don't always get the disaster popup if it is in an enemy territory, but you'll usually get it when you have men there.
    6- Finished later...
    7- Good point, but that comes from original RTW...
    10- Yeah, that is something RTW does when you try to place trees near a coast. The trees could be removed, but then it would give the impression that Malta is just a rock...

Thank you for the answers.
    Last edited by julius_caesar_the_first; 02-10-2008 at 12:01.

I noticed this little inconsistency while playing as Macedon.
    I think it's the same for all Successor factions.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

What is the correct name of the acient Greek god of medicine and health, Asklepios or Asklepeios?

Edit : I just read it says Asklepieos... yet another variant...
    Last edited by Mediolanicus; 01-07-2008 at 22:41.

Asklepeios is wrong, Asklepieios is correct. FYI:
    1) Asklap' (a short)
    2) Asklapios
    3) Asklepieios
    4) Asklepios.

And there are about another 10 deratives from those 4.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Ok, thank you for answering! I was just wondering.
    Makes sense all those different spellings in a society where there were no institutionalized rules for writing, I suppose.

I was fighting a battle in the province of Aemilia (Bononia), just south of the city. And what caught my eyes?

You forgot the new super-beautyful resized trees there. At least I know it for the city-area itself and the area just south.
    Last edited by Centurio Nixalsverdrus; 01-08-2008 at 19:07.

Default Re: AW: Minor anomalies and nuisance

26th year of the Pontic dynasteia...

Some problem as posted above for 222BC

Howdy y'all,

Im having the same problem as the fellows who posted the pictures of the Equites Campanici with their lances that extend into space....but im also getting it with the Hetairoi Aspidophoroi.Also,each time i charge with one of these units my comp crashes,not to the desktop but the screen turns blue and then my comp reboots....just wondering if there was a fix for this.

Another small thing i noticed was the horse blankets of the Hippeis Thessalikoi,when you recruit them in Thessaly and engage in battle the blankets are those of the mercs(brown)and not the red ones with the gold embroidery.
    Last edited by Astibus; 01-09-2008 at 17:58.

My Equites Campanici don't have a lance, they charge with swords!

Please, do you have an idea about the trees? Because on the tile southeast of the city, the trees are normal, and so look the trees in the distance towards Bononia. But when you are in Bononia, or just straight south, they are ugly and tall.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast